Chapter 30: Reunite

Saviour: Right Next to You

Hee young sat at the seat by the window; sipping on her piping hot Caramel Macchiato. Nervousness reign over her as she waited for her only daughter, Eun Kyung to come. She checked her watched to see it’s almost 6:00pm; which is the time they promised to finally meet.

*

            A load of thoughts ran through Eun Kyung mind as she sat in the bus, heading to the destined location to meet her mum. Weeks after the sudden reunion with her, Eun Kyung called Hee Young. God knows how much courage Eun Kyung mustered and how much ego she broke down to dial the numbers of the woman who left her.

            Eun Kyung knew that by now, her heart should be ready to accept her mum’s forgiveness.  She had tortured her long enough, making her wait and worry on her only daughter. Eun Kyung broke down the walls she build around her, to avoid getting hurt again. She decided to give her mum another chance to redemption. Furthermore, she missed being in her mum’s arms as she lulled her to sleep. She missed those times her mum would caress her face and constantly telling her how great she is, how pretty she is and how having Eun Kyung in her life is a miracle.          

            Eun Kyung squeezed her eyes for a while, holding in the tears that well up in her eyes. She pressed the bell to alight at the next stop.

*

            ‘She is not bailing out isn’t she? She couldn’t be. I taught her well enough to inform one if she couldn’t make it. But what if, I was an exception? Is she alright? Did something happen to her? Just, where is she?’ The thought repeats in Hee Young already throbbing head. She took another sip off her cup and exhaled a long breath she did not know she was holding.

*

            Eun Kyung reached the coffee house where she promised her mum. She checked her watch and realised she was 15 minutes late. She saw her mum sitting by the window, restless. Quickly, she placed her order of a cup of Chai Latte and made her way to Hee Young.

            Eun Kyung placed her cup on the table and bowed to the elder, with all due respect.

            “Eun Kyung-ah.” Hee Young breathed out as she saw her daughter standing right in front of her. Her heart overflowing with emotions as she stood up and took Eun Kyung into her arms.

            “I’ve missed you. So much,” Hee Young pulled Eun Kyung to an arm’s length, and cupped her daughters face as she pecked her daughter’s cheek.

            To her surprise, Eun Kyung encircled her arms around her waist, pulling her mum closer to her. All the times that Eun Kyung had frayed away from her mum’s arms, as if it is all recovered in a hug. They let go and Eun Kyung sat in front of her mum. Hee Young studied her daughter’s face; she grew slightly chubbier, her face now shows more life than the last time she saw Eun Kyung.

            “When are you leaving for Japan?” Eun Kyung asked her mum as she drank her Latte.

            “In three days, my dear.”

            “I can’t follow you there, still.” Eun Kyung states her point.

            Hee Young rested her forehead on her hand and massages it a little.

            “Even if I force you to?” Hee Young sighed.

            Eun Kyung shook her head. She took her mum’s free hand in hers.

            “I’m going to stay here. I’m going back to the college to study, it’s been a while, but I’ll manage. I’ve saved enough to pay for a semester and I will continue to save up as I study. I can manage, mum. I promise.” Eun Kyung whispered.

            As much as she wants to follow her mum every where she goes, as much as she wants to stay next to her mum every passing moment of her life, her dreams are holding her back. To Eun Kyung, until she lives her dream her heart will never be at ease. She prayed silently in her heart that her mum would respect her decision.

            Hee Young caress her daughter’s face, tracing her jaw line slowly, taking in every detail of Eun Kyung’s features.

            “I got accepted at a media company there. I got us a nice apartment in the middle of the city. I can enrol you to an Art academy there. Despite all that, you’re still going to stay behind?” Hee Young claimed.

            Eun Kyung shook her head.

            “I’ll come to visit you there, mum. During term breaks and holidays. Days when I miss you, I can just call you. We can Skype!” Eun Kyung smiled.

            Hee Young smiled faintly as she saw her daughter’s eye glister. She her daughter’s hair.

            “Mum?” Eun Kyung mumbled.

            “”Hm?”

            “Can you not leave instead? Stay with me. We don’t have to live miles away. We’re always right next to each other. We will never go by a day feeling alone. Japan, it’s too far mum.” Eun Kyung pleaded as she changed her seat to sit next to her mum on the sofa.

            Eun Kyung laid her head down on her mum’s shoulders, whimpering like a little girl. She laced her fingers with her mum’s and played around with it.

            “Please mum. Please? I don’t want to live another day far away from you. These two years is enough.” Eun Kyung whined.

            Hee Young started having second thoughts. Hee Young lets out a giggle, impressed that her daughter’s charm still works on her despite the years apart.

            “Is there a time when I never lose out to you, my dear Eun Kyung?” Hee Young hummed.

            “Never! You always lose out to me. Always. Every single time.” Eun Kyung boasted, laughing at the memories that flashed through her mind.

            “Japan? Who needs Japan when I have my beautiful daughter right here.” Hee Young scoffed as she places a kiss on her daughters head.

            “Really, mum? Really?” Eun Kyung turned to face her mum excitedly.

            “Uh-huh. I probably need to start looking around for an apartment. We don’t want to be forever indebted to- What’s his name again?”

            “Hoon, mum.”

            “Yeah, we don’t want to be indebted to Hoon’s family forever right? I’m giving up Japan. All the months of planning, all vanish. I’m happy staying by my Eun Kyung.” Hee Young looked into her daughter’s eyes.

            “I love you, mum!” Eun Kyung squealed as she hugged her mum tight, laughing in her embrace.

            “Hm, I love you too, Eun Kyung-ah.” Hee Young whispered.

            Eun Kyung could not believe how easy her heart accepted her mum’s forgiveness the moment she heard her named called out by her mum. All the defences all melts away, as her mum’s love made it way into her heart, filling Eun Kyung with her long lost happiness from her family. It’s been forever since things started going well in her life. Reuniting together with her mum after two years was indeed a good start.

______________________

A/N: YEAH. i might be uploading another chapter in a few hours! im all excited because its ending sooon! thnks for the comments.

and OH! TheInspiritedGirl, you're the best! and hellooo new readers! <3 and all my readers, love y'all.