Chapter 26: It's Eun Kyung, isn't it?

Saviour: Right Next to You

Kiseop stopped dancing as his eyes landed on his best friend, AJ. AJ hung his head low, sitting at the back of Kiseop’s dance room. Grabbing a towel and a water bottle on the floor in front of him, he made his way to sit next to AJ; who was still spacing out.

            “A penny for your thoughts?” Kiseop started, snapping AJ out of his reverie

He took a sip of water as he turned to face AJ. AJ might have been sitting there since two hours ago when he came by. But never once was he watching Kiseop choreographed his dance for an upcoming audition, when usually it was AJ who would spots his mistakes or threw in more ideas. Just today, he was silent, the entire time. Now that Kiseop realise, AJ has been spacing out a lot lately.

AJ shook his head. Annoyed, Kiseop flicked AJ’s forehead.

“Ow! What was that for?!” AJ snapped.

“For not sharing your problems with your best mate.”

“They’re not problems. Just, thoughts.” AJ mumbled as he rubbed the spot Kiseop flicked.

“What is it that’s been troubling you lately?” Kiseop asked.

“Nothing.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you sure it’s nothing? Because I’m sure as hell there is something you’re not telling me.” Kiseop asked again, his patience running low.

            “No, really. It’s nothing.”

            “Why aren’t you sharing it with me? Is it something I did?”

            “No, Kiseop. It has nothing to do with you!” AJ scoffed as he stood up and head for the door.

            “I thought we’re best friends!” Kiseop shouted as he watched AJ stopped in his steps.

            AJ ignored Kiseop’s remark and took another step forward, to pull the door open.

            “It’s Eun Kyung, isn’t it?” Kiseop asked as he took one last sip of his water and head to where AJ was standing.

            AJ shook the thought of Eun Kyung off his head and went out of the room, only to be held back by Kiseop whose hands were grabbing his wrist.

            “Tell me, everything.” Kiseop pleaded. “Please.” His words were only a whisper.

            AJ let out a sigh. He lost.

*