With this ring...

Seven Tales of Easter

Friday April 3rd, 2:16

Jinyoung was at the roof top of his office building taking a smoke break, he could clearly see the look on his husbands face if he should catch him at it. He had promised to quit but the stress in the office had amplified his cravings so much that his nicotine patches weren't doing him any good. He sipped his diet coke and took a long drag of his cigarette as thoughts of his husband filled his mind, he couldn't believe it had been five years already, time indeed does fly by when you're having fun. He smiled to himself as he reminisced their good times together, of course there were some bad, but the good outweighed the bad. Thinking made him realize how his world was better place because of his husband who surely deserved more than the usual dinner this anniversary. He finished his cigarette and quenched it against the white wooden porch railings before throwing it in the disposal bin, he was just taking the last swig of his coke when, Jackson, his coworker and high school friend came shouting excitedly. He took the newspaper Jackson was waving in front of him and flipped through.

"Good for you" he said unenthusiastically as he saw Jackson's photo spread across the middle page.

"Ya! I'm about to be named partner and that's all you can say? You know how hard i worked for this, ya! Are we not friends, you are---" Jackson kept babbling.

Jinyoung tuned out his friends words and continued flipping through the paper to distract himself from thinking about the news he just heard, he wasn't jealous, not at all, Jackson was his friend, they went a long way back and he was happy for him. It was just he felt that maybe, just maybe, he deserved it more than Jackson, but then again he wasn't dating the CEO's son, so there. He wasn't jealous of Jackson's relationship with their boss's son, JB. For the record, JB had asked him out first and had only gotten with Jackson because he turned him down, he's just saying, He flipped the page and flipped it back to the previous page hurriedly to confirm what he thought he had seen. He read the half page article as his eyes grew larger with each line.

"And you said it didn't matter which of us got---" Jackson trailed off when he saw Jinyoung's astonished face "what"

Jinyoung folded the paper in half and pointed to the article "they arrested Youngjae for fraud"

Jackson read the article "Oh my god, i bought a lot of things from his shop, i can't believe they were fake" he looked at his large gold wrist watch.

"Damn...I bought Mark's ring from him" Jinyoung turned his the wedding band on his finger out of habit.

"You did what?!" Jackson exclaimed.

"It was you" Jinyoung pointed at Jackson's face "You vouched for him"

"You can't blame me for this Jr" Jackson stared Jinyoung down.

"ok, ok' Jinyoung accepted his fault "I guess not...I was fresh out of college with no money and in love, I always thought the price was too good to be true" he sighed deeply lighting another cigarette to calm his nerves "Mark would kill me if he finds out"

Jackson knew all too well what a drama queen his friend's husband was, why his friend was head over heels with him, he didn't know "so what will you do"

“I don't know" Jinyoung blew out the smoke in his mouth

"Just tell him and get him another ring" Jackson shrugged

"It's not that easy, our anniversary is on Sunday...i don't want to be fighting" Jinyoung knew Mark would throw the biggest hissy fit ever if he found out "I'm going to steal it and replace it without him knowing" he said after thinking hard.

"He's finally driven you crazy" Jackson chuckled.

"He never takes it off" Jinyoung continued thinking about his new plan, ignoring Jackson's remarks "you have to help me steal it"

"How is that going to happen? your husband hates me" Jackson had stopped trying to make an effort to get Mark to like him, he had tried because JB was Mark's best friend, but Mark was bent on believing he's a gold digger taking advantage of JB so he just left their sour relationship as it was, no point in trying to get close to someone who didn't think much of you.

"You can ask him to help you pick a present for Jb since he knows him better, being best friends and all, he'll do it, he lives for that kind of thing" Jinyoung had fully laid down his plan in his head.

"no one knows JB more than I do, A, and B, one of us will be dead by the time we're done picking a gift together for JB....and if we do survive each other’s company, how do i get it off" Jackson threw his hands in the air and shook his head.

Jinyoung took out his phone and texted Mark "I just told him i invited you and JB to dinner tonight, just agree to help me" he begged Jackson, who nodded knowing he wasn't going to get out of going to Jinyoung's place now that JB was in the picture.

 

 

Jackson picked at his food as he watched Mark cut up JB's steak for him, he had to sit there and watch in silence as Mark despised him. He had to watch as Mark laughed a little too hard at JB's jokes and ignore him like he wasn't even there. He saw Mark feed JB from his plate and JB met his eyes briefly with an apologetic look, one of these he was going to snap and pour five years’ worth of pent up anger on Mark. He looked down on his plates trying hard to ignore Jinyoung as the latter made gestures with his face for him to talk to Mark.

"I'll go get dessert, i made the most delicious apple pie" Mark got up to head for the kitchen.

"You could use some help, Jackson?" Jinyoung mouthed please to Jackson.

"No" Jackson said without thinking and saw the surprised look on everyone’s face at his rudeness, he smiled nervously I meant no problem" he saw that smile JB put on every time he saw right through him as he followed Mark into the kitchen.

They stood in awkward silence as Jackson put whipped cream on the apple pies Mark was dishing out. "I heard you made partner" Mark broke the silence.

"I did" Jackson tried the most pleasant voice he could manage as thoughts of plucking Mark's eyes out with the fork in his hand filled his mind.

"I'm sure you did" Mark's tone was condescending as he looked Jackson up and down.

"I want to surprise JB with something nice, i was thinking you could help me decide" Jackson said the lines Jinyoung had told him say, in hopes of taking his mind from wanting to rip Mark's throat out.

"Shouldn’t you know, since you're the boyfriend?" Mark smiled coyly obviously enjoying toying with Jackson

Of course Jackson knew JB better than anyone "I thought maybe since you two were best friends long before i started dating him, you might know him better" it took everything in Jackson not to slap that self-satisfied smile of Mark's face "I was thinking of getting him a ring like yours, can i see it?" The plan was to get her to take the ring off, then Jinyoung would take it from there.

"he would love it" Mark chirped dangling his hand in front of Jackson to give him a closer look, Jackson smiled inwardly knowing Mark didn't know a thing about JB, because if he did he would know that a ring was the last he would want, the guy had enough jewelry to last him a lifetime. Jackson had been so immersed in his thoughts that he hadn't been able to react before mark pulled his hands back and grabbed two plates. He followed him back into the dining hall, and shook his head at Jinyoung who had an expectant face. Jackson put a plate in front of Jinyoung and watched as Mark fawned over JB. His arduous dinner came to an end without him getting the ring, which was the reason he was there in the first place.

 

~~~7777777~~~

Jinyoung stood behind the sink in his kitchen, rinsing out the dishes as Mark washed them. His first plan had failed and he was busy setting a different plan in his head, he grinned and his eyes gleamed as the light bulb went on in his head. He dropped the plate he was rinsing and s his arm around Mark's waist, he pulled Mark hard into his arms, making Mark stumble and fall on his chest. The feel of Mark against him turned him on, yes he was looking for a way to get the ring off but holding him made him want to do more than that. He nuzzled his face in the groove of Mark’s neck and placed soft kisses there, he sneaked his hands under his shirt and let his fingers play nimbly against his warm soft skin, the sensation made Mark squirm and chuckle softly at the tickle “what are you doing” he closed his eyes and craned his neck to the side relishing the feel of Jinyoung’s soft kisses against his skin.  “I want you” Jinyoung whispered in voice hoarse with desire, he brought one hand up and cradled the back of Mark’s neck as the other still remained under his shirt pinching his hard s teasingly. A throaty moan escaped Mark’s lips, Jinyoung always knew the right places to touch him “take me” his body trembled in Jinyoung’s arms. Mark’s words released the animal inside the perfect gentleman, Jinyoung captured Mark’s full perky lips that were ready to receive him, they scuffled blindly through the room and backed into the dining table, Jinyoung cleared the table with one sweep of his hand, he knew Mark was going to yell at him later. Mark broke their kiss briefly to rip off Jinyoung’s shirt, once again surprising the Jinyoung with his strength. Jinyoung sometimes forgot just how manly Mark could be.  Their passion rose and in no time, Mark was on his back on the dining table staring into the eyes of the love of his life as he made him complete. Jinyoung felt Mark’s leg tighten around his waist, and a long string of incoherent curses in a mixture of languages escaped his mouth. He took Mark’s ring finger in his mouth and on it seductively as he let Mark ride out his , he took off the ring in his mouth knowing Mark was too far gone to notice.

~~~7777777~~~

Saturday April 4th, 9:12 am

“Don’t ask me how I got it off” Jinyoung said to Jackson as they made their way through a back alley on their way to see a guy Jackson claimed could replace the stone on Mark’s ring and make It look exactly the same.

Jackson shook his head slightly and looked away.

“what” Jinyoung asked even though he knew what was coming “say it…he’s not worth it?”

“I really don’t know what you see in him, you are so drunk in love you don’t see him for the shady he is” Jackson was still angry from the night before “sorry” he added when he realized he just called his best friend’s husband a

Jinyoung glared at him and let it go because he knew Jackson wasn’t the only who didn’t understand Mark “he’s not like that once you get to know him”

“I’ve been trying for five years!” Jackson raised his voice angry at the fact that JB said the same thing, why didn’t his boyfriend and best friend see Mark for who he was?

“You fought with JB about this last night, didn’t you?” Jinyoung asked when he saw the anger on Jackson’s face “Mark is just very protective over JB that’s all” Jinyoung tried to defend Mark even though he didn’t like the way his husband was around JB.

“I’m protective of you too but do you see me disrespecting him like he does to me?” Jackson opened the door to a small corner store.

“If I had tons of money like JB, maybe you would” Jinyoung looked skeptically at the shabby store.

“Forget it” Jackson scoffed praying that one day Karma would catch up with Mark “can you replace the stone on this for us? Today?”

“yea, with the right amount” the short round man with bulgy fingers said as he took the ring from Jinyoung and examined it.

“How much exactly?” Jinyoung asked

“Twenty thousand” the man replied.

“Not bad” Jinyoung shrugged

“Not bad? You’re really going to spend twenty thousand on his ring” Jackson exasperated.

“stop it!! Just stop it!!” Jinyoung raised his voice at Jackson

“I’m your best friend, it’s my job” Jackson said in a quiet voice as he met Jinyoung’s glare with soft concerned eyes “can we get a discount?” he asked the man

“No man, I have to buy the stone and imitate the design, that’s a lot of work” the man said.

“Just do it!” Jinyoung cut in before Jackson could speak again.

“You need to make a down payment of ten thousand and pay the balance when you come to pick it up” the man said

“What time?” Jinyoung asked when he signed a check and gave It to the man.

“six-ish” the man replied.

Jinyoung and Jackson walked away in silence and a fierce tension between them, Jackson hated how his relationship with Jinyoung was beginning to turn sour because of Mark and Jinyoung hated how he constantly had to choose between his husband and his best friend.  Jackson decided to leave first, with an excuse of meeting up with JB, Jinyoung also claimed he had something to do anyways, so they parted after agreeing to meet back there at six, they both knew the other was lying but they also knew they each other’s company was the last thing they needed at the moment.

 

Sameday 6:27 pm

“what do you mean he doesn’t work here?” Jinyoung was gripping the counter hard, trying not to lose control.

“You are not the only one, he’s duped a lot of people, I closed this shop three months ago, then last week I got a call from a customer saying he still had not received his jewels, I looked into and found out someone had been using this place as a front to dupe people” the tall refined old man explained to Jinyoung.

“sorry I’m late” Jackson run into the shop “What’s going on?” Jackson sensed the tense atmosphere.

Jinyoung turned around “the ring is gone, the money too” he met Jackson’s eye.

“Oh” that was all Jackson could say as he fought the urge to say ‘I told you so’

~~~7777777~~~

Sunday April 5th, 6pm

Mark had been searching for his ring since Saturday and couldn’t remember where he had kept, he never took the ring off and was confused as to how the ring got off his finger. He paced his hall thinking of what to do, he couldn’t possibly tell Jinyoung because it would hurt him too much, even if it wasn’t the original ring Jinyoung bought it didn’t matter as long as Jinyoung didn’t know that. He had been avoiding him all day because he was afraid Jinyoung might notice, he was sitting in the porch sipping on a cup of green tea to relieve his stress.

Jinyoung watched Mark through the sliding door as Mark stared at his ring finger, he could tell Mark was stressed out and he felt so guilty for it. If he had just come clean from the beginning he would have his ring and his money, he pushed the door open and walked over to Mark, he pulled Mark out of the wicker chair and sat down before him back into his lap. Mark leaned into Jinyoung enjoying the warmth of his embrace, he stiffened a little when Jinyoung took his hand and rubbed his thumb at the indent where his ring had been “I’m sorry” he kissed Mark’s head.

“No, I’m sorry…I should have told you I lost the ring” Mark couldn’t meet Jinyoung’s eye.

“You didn’t lose it, I stole it” Jinyoung said and explained the whole ordeal to Mark

“Oh no, Jnr” Mark buried his face in Jinyoung’s chest “I have a confession too, don’t get mad…I replaced the stone in the ring after we got married, I knew it was cheap and fake, and I knew you were fresh out of college and couldn’t afford it, I should have told you”

Jinyoung couldn’t even get angry at Mark for being so materialistic, he gazed at his face and wondered if he would ever be able to see Mark as anything less than perfect, if he would ever see him as what other’s said he was, because after five years he was still blindly In love with him as he had been the very first day he saw him “Happy anniversary, Mark” he smiled and kissed Mark even when the look on his face clearly told him Mark had forgotten, again “I love you...very much” he said and he knew he would forever be the prisoner of his love, always seeing the good in him until the day Mark chooses to let him go, even then he would still be in the of his love.