Chapter 3

Roommates?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two decided to take Chanyeol's car--which was weird because Baekhyun didn't remember seeing Chanyeol's car in his driveway in the first place-- to the local furniture store. They decided that they would go to the pizza place down the street and have dinner later because, well, Baekhyun really wanted to get those new plates.

Chanyeol's car of course wasn't one of the nicest cars around, but it totally fit his style and he wouldn't have it any other way. He was in love with it. The exterior was a bright yellow, almost resembling a taxi (You don't know how many times he was accidentally flagged down by strangers..it really looks like a taxi). It was a normal sized car, fitting for people, five if you make someone sit in the middle in the backseat. The inside was a sleek black, including the leather seats. It was bright and cozy. Just like Chanyeol.

As they drived, Baekhyun would sing along to the radio almost jokingly, and he would completely miss the sideways glances that Chanyeol was giving the effervescent boy. Baekhyun's side profile was almost just as gorgeous as the front view of his face. His sharp jawline and distinct features made him..well, pretty. He would scrunch his nose whenever a song that he didn't like would come on, and his eyes would light up when a song he liked did. Baekhyun would just look out the window and sing along, not even caring who else was around him.

Baekhyun's voice was also almost as pretty--if not prettier--than he was. He had an amazing vocal range and his voice sounded like bells. Everyone loved listening to him sing, and he would sometimes sing his little sister to sleep if she was having bad dreams when she was younger. (Even now she still calls him occasionally and asks him to sing for her. Which of course, he obliges.) It was soothing, and could calm almost anyone down.

Baekhyun wasn't sure how much time had passed, all he was doing was looking out the window at the beautiful scenery. It was just turning spring, and the leaves on the trees were beginning to come back and flowers were starting to bloom in all different shades of pink, red, and purple. Before he knew it, Chanyeol pulled into a parking space and made his way around to meet Baekhyun. The shorter male got out of the car and stretched his arms, enjoying the feeling. Smiling at Chanyeol, they made their way inside the furniture store.

----------------------

"Chanyeol, what are you doing? You're not supposed to be on that!" Baekhyun said as he watched Chanyeol spin around in some office chair. Now that he really thought about it, maybe he shouldn't have brought Chanyeol with him. They had only been in the store for about 10 minutes and Chanyeol was already "testing out the furniture". It made Baekhyun laugh, even though he knew his best friend could get in trouble. Chanyeol was a kid at heart and it was really charming. He would always find a way to make Baekhyun--or any of his friends for that matter--happy whenever they needed to be cheered up.

"Come on, Baek. I'll be fine!" Chanyeol said as he spun on another chair. "Fine, I'll just go without you." Baekhyun said as he his heels with the cart in search for some new plates. Once Chanyeol realized that the small brunette was actually leaving, he sobered up and ran over to him, following behind like a lost puppy.

Shopping with Baekhyun was actually a lot more fun than he thought it was going to be. At first he offered to take his best friend to the store just so Baekhyun wouldn't be mad at him anymore. But now, Chanyeol was actually having a good time. They agreed on a lot of things and that made it a whole lot easier to get everything done without any bickering.

Chanyeol helped Baekhyun pick out everything; Blankets, pillows, wall decorations and of course, the new plates, were all put into a giant shopping card and they headed towards the check out lines.

Once out of the store, they loaded everything into the car and began to drive again. They decided to just settle for take out, not wanting anything fancy.

-----------------

It was Chanyeol's idea that Baekhyun stayed over at his house that night, mainly because the shorter male was going to help Chanyeol pack the next morning so he could officially move in with Baekhyun..

Wow. Moving in with Baekhyun.

Chanyeol never thought it would happen. They've known each other all of their lives and knowing Baekhyun's personality, Chanyeol was confused as to why the older wasn't sick of him yet. He didn't want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter