1st Gravitation

Gravitation

The most annoying thing of the day happened to Luhan right before the physic class started. His ankle was hurt after playing football with his friends on break time, and now he had to stay on infirmary.

“How’s your ankle, does it still hurt?” the nurse asked.

Luhan shook head. “Not really. Can I go back to class? I have to attend physic class,” he pleaded. But the nurse didn’t allow him after she saw there were still some bruises on his ankle. He had to stay until the class was over.

The boy sighed. He really didn’t want to miss the class, because physic was his favorite subject after all, even it was more fun than playing football which was his friends thought he might be crazy for thinking like that.

The nurse went out the room, and Luhan was lying on the bed, regretting and cursing his damn ankle.

Then he decided to try sleeping than nothing to do. He closed his eyes, and relaxed his mind.

He was about to fall asleep when someone entered that room noisily. Luhan was annoyed, he missed the class yet he couldn’t get rest after all.

“Hello, anybody here?” a girl’s voice was heard, and Luhan knew whose voice it was.

“Can you enter quietly, like any girl does in this world?” Luhan yelled at the girl. Knowing the one who yelled at her, the girl opened the curtain which hid that boy.

“OH. MY. GOD. Am I disturbing you right now? I’m sorry,” she said sarcastically as usual only to him. “Damn you, Lin. What are you doing here?” he asked to the girl named Lin, his childhood friend yet his enemy.

“Sleep, and now you steal my place,” she said, not knowing the boy’s ankle was hurting because it was covered by blanket.

Luhan didn’t care at all as he pulled the blanket up to cover his entire body and it made Lin pouted. “Xi Luhan, my dearest friend, can you lose for a girl? You know the word ‘manner’, right?”

“As if you’re a girl,” he said. Lin crossed her arms in front of her chest. “Oh, I forget, sorry. You are the girl, aren’t you?” she said always with sarcastic tone.

They were bickering like other day, without any exception like today.

Luhan stared at her, and she stared him back. They were on staring contest again, for the umpteenth times, since they were little. It wasn’t staring of admire, instead it was staring of hate, as they were always bickering.

Lin held a side of blanket, but her eyes were still on staring contest. “Let me sleep here, or I’ll make you leave from the bed,” she threatened Luhan. But Luhan tried to let Lin’s hand go from his blanket.

Actually, they had a fighting over the blanket, and Lin won with the blanket fell to floor. But, to her surprise, she saw some bruises on Luhan’s leg.

Omo. What happen to your leg, Lu?” she asked worriedly, as she had attention to his leg. It was clear to see that his ankle was getting hurt. Lin, although they were enemy, they were also best friend. Not mentioning there were the times they enjoying together and they made good memories. As his friend, she should be worried.

Luhan was calmly saying it was because he fell to ground when he was playing football. .

“Can’t you walk or stand?”.

“I can stand, but it’s difficult to walk, I guess. That’s why the nurse asked me to stay here,”

“Ah, and you miss the physic class, right?,” she asked as she remembered he would be in physic class at this hour, in his favorite subject’s class. As contrary to him, she hated physic and mathematics, that’s why she tried to escape from mathematics class and went to infirmary where she met sick Luhan.

“Don’t remind it. I just hate the fact that one of the chapters on physic book made me like this. Gra-vi-ta-tion,”

“Don’t blame the gravitation for making you fell,” she chuckled. Every time that boy fell, he would say it was because the gravitation, and if gravitation didn’t exist, he would never fall and get hurt. That was physic lesson.

Lin stared again at Luhan’s leg, and she would stare it for some hours if the boy didn’t hit her arm. “Can you take care of me instead of admiring my hurt leg, huh?” Luhan said.

“What should I do then? I don’t know what to do about your leg,” she said seriously. She was worried and it was shown by her face, Luhan knew that. The boy actually was touched as the girl cared about him, but he wouldn’t admit it to her because he would be embarrassed. He was so thankful to her.

 But, the thankful thought was appeared only for a moment because after that Luhan smirked as he thought something about picking on Lin.

“Lin, can you get me some water? I’m so thirsty,” he demanded, and Lin without thinking that she had been picked up, she stood to get some water on that room.

Lin gave him water, and Luhan thanked her.

Then, Luhan asked for turning on the AC, some books, and a snack that made Lin realized she had been picked on by her dearest friend.

“Oh God, you, Xi Luhan. You were teasing me, when you don’t really need those things, right?! Damn you,” she yelled. Luhan laughed as he succeeded for teasing Lin. Lin angrily pinched his right arms till he screamed in pain.

Lin was smiling happily after the revenge. “That’s your pay, mister Xi,”

Luhan couldn’t do anything on the bed.

Then, the girl sat on the sofa near the bed, and rested her body there. “Oh, this sofa isn’t that bad,” she mumbled. She rested her head on sofa’s arm, and closed her eyes.

With closed eyes, she warned Luhan, “don’t disturb my sleep, or I’ll kill you, Lu,”.

“Okay, I won’t,” Luhan said as he gave up teasing the girl.