The Pictures

Big Bang's Horror-Mystery Story: The Factory

He almost dropped his torch down the two storeys.

Jiyong whipped his torch towards the door immediately after getting a good grip on the torch. He was breathing heavily, wide eyes darting around in fear. Under the glare of his torch was Top, shielding his eyes. His muscles loosened a little. "Calm down Jiyong, I just didn't want anybody who happened to be awake get frightened by our torches floating around in this haunted factory.

Jiyong swallowed. "Hau- haunted? Ha- have you sensed something?" he stammered, still in a worrying state of mind.

Top frowned. "Yes, the atmosphere here... It's abit heavy. Let's take wefies. I've brought a special camera..." He took a palm-sized camera out of his inner coat pocket.

That's strange, thought Jiyong. He always complained of how annoying it was with somethiing pressed against your chest.

"...that can sense ghosts. Ghosts love to photobomb people, don't they? Let's see if they appear in our pictures."

A shiver went up his spine and he nervously hesitated on whether to protest against that skin-raising idea. To his surprise, the others walked down the stairs without a second word, even Daesung the fraidiest dongsaeng! With suspicion he also realised that none of them had reacted with the slightest surprise when the Top's slammed the door shut. What was going on?

Still, he made his way down in front of the machine where they have gathered to take a picture. These were his trusted friends after all, they wouldn't harm him. Yet bells started ringing as he walked closer to them. He observed each of them closely, but they were just who they were. He put on a smile and joined them, standing in the middle. Top held the camera up with his long arm, and Jiyong slung his arms round Taeyang's and Seungri's shoulders. The shutter clicked. "Let me see it!" Jiyong asked in excitement and fear.

"Be patient. Let's take more at that side. The ghost might be there." came Top's reply.

Jiyong nodded in agreement. "Hey, Hyung. If there was really a ghost here, wouldn't it try to stop us from coming in the first place? Knowing that you had such a camera and all..." He was taken aback when the four of them burst into loud laughter, breaking the eerie silence but filling it with overwhelming laughter.

When it died down, Top answered. "What makes you think there is only one ghost? Hmm? Because my sixth sense tells me otherwise."

Jiyong swallowed. Top's sixth sense had never been wrong. They took a few more wefies and reviewed the photos one by one. They seemed satisfied with the pictures. Jiyong's heart pounded with excitement. What did that grin on their faces mean? Was there something? He received the camera from Daesung at last.

As he looked at the pictures, his face fell.

Nope, there weren't any hazy figures around him. Nor were there other beings in the picture. The photo was absolutely fine. He turned out perfectly great in the photo. There was only one problem.

In every one of the photos... ...

There was no one but him... ...

Standing, grinning in the middle of the picture.

He swiped to the left again and again, hoping that there would be more.

But that was all the photos the camera contained.

He lowered the camera with trembling hands...

and looked up slowly.

 

 

He was alone.