The Walk

Big Bang's Horror-Mystery Story: The Factory

"Ah... Top hyung, why did you take so long? Its freaky out here!" Daesung whined as soon as Top and Seungri came into view on their bikes.

"He's right. Why were you so slow, Seungri?" added Taeyang.

"And since Top has miraculously learnt how to ride a bike suddenly..." Jiyong started, meeting Top's wavering stare.

"We were just met with some hindrance on our way." Seungri rubbed his hands after parking his bike beside the tree trunk.

Jiyong glanced towards Taeyang. Wasn't he the one who always had to get to the bottom of everything? But both Taeyang and Daesung seemed to be fine with the answer. Would it make me seem petty if I asked for their reason to be late? Finally he decided to let them go and hurried after them. "Top hyung has always been late anyway," he mumbled.

The five of them walked in the dark, aided by the little moonlight and Seungri's torch. From far away they looked like little crawling fireflies, moving ever so slowly to the gates of the crumbling old factory which sat beneath a treacherous mountain ridge that stretched across the huge plain, reaching the ends of the world, offering no way out. The road, unused for at least half a century, was cracking too, and there were craters filled with water all around. They picked there way around carefully, coats wrapped tight around their bodies. For miles and miles the only sound that could be heard was the crunching of gravel beneath their feet. The storm seemed to have never been there, for the air was still, the clouds parting just enough for the moon to peek through. Yet Jiyong felt increasingly cold as they near the rusty broken gates of the factory, shivering as he held tighter on to his jacket.

The eery silence was broken finally when Seungri muttered randomly, "Hyung, you sure it's haunted?"

"Of course," the three country boys chorused.

"There might not be though," Jiyong said after a pause. "That's why we have our spirits master, God of Sixth-sense, Mr Choi Seunghyun T.O.P here!" He beamed widely. Top had brought them to other haunted areas before, and his sixth-sense was undoubtly accurate, for newspapers would always report about spirits appearing days after their investigation.

Top nodded curtly. "No one has been to that factory for a whole 52 years after the last owner died. We will solve this mystery today."

The others all agreed with 'Yeps' except Jiyong. How did he know so much? Even I don't know that. And what's with the way all 3 of them chorused with a 'Yep'? Am I missing something out here? "Guys, no pranking later alright?" There was no answer.

Jiyong looked up. Unknowingly as he was deep in thought, he had walked through the spear-like gates of the factory, and was now looking up at the mighty wooden door of the factory. He felt his heart thumping heavily against his chest. I want to turn back...

But instead, he stepped forward and placed a hand on the door. The others watched him in undeniable amazement. Seeing him hesitate, Taeyang stepped up. "I'll help you." He put his hands on the other side of the door. Jiyong in all the fresh air he could, and together, they pushed.