#One

Pluto

Summary: HongBin was the catboy yet HakYeon didn’t act as a master.

 

White cat ears perked up from a mop of blonde hair, an ivory tail swished from side to side and a pair of big brown eyes, which were almost covered by long bangs, blinked at the sound of the front door opening, the camera being held was left aside in order to greet the newcomer. A dark blue haired man walked in and grinned blindly at the sight of a certain catboy staring at him, hidden behind the back of the couch from the nose down; he shook his head at his antics before he stepped inside the kitchen.

 

“You came early, HongBin-ah,” the catboy huffed and rolled his eyes from his position on the couch, “did you have fun with SangHyukkie?” he pursed his lips at the nickname as he stretched, standing up to get to where the other was.

 

“Yeah, we met with WonSik and JaeHwan hyung too,” HongBin commented absentmindedly, eyes focused on the older man who was busy arranging all the stuff he had bought, “they asked why you weren’t there,” his fingers drummed against the isle in the middle of the room.

 

Unlike TaekWoon and SangHyuk’s apartment, theirs was the biggest since WonSik and JaeHwan lived in a dorm, the one they shared had two floors, a balcony, a metal spiral staircase and spacious rooms, it had somewhat an open concept in the living room but it didn’t reach the rest of the place. Several times he had pointed out it was too big for just the two of them, that being the reason why he spent so much time at his best friend’s place or outside, but HakYeon was a dancer, he loved to have the freedom to move around whenever he felt like it (HongBin couldn’t say anything against it anymore after he was dragged to dance along once).

 

“I was working on their new choreography so I should be the one asking them where were they when they should’ve been practicing,” he nagged with his usual “ajumma” tone mostly used for the duo’s matters, “I’m glad you had fun though,” he closed the refrigerator and turned towards the younger with a warm smile.

 

HakYeon was ethereal, HongBin knew that from the start, but it annoyed him because it was all the time, like how? People could do horrible things to him, such as try to bring him down, mock him or even take advantage of him and he would forgive them, all eye-smiles and kindness (deep down, he knew he’d never measure up to such selflessness). TaekWoon had told him some things about HakYeon from their time in college, at first it was hard for him to accept the friendship between HakYeon and TaekWoon (he was barely a kitten then) but came to much better terms with it the moment SangHyuk entered their lives. The maknae’s adoption was an inflexion for them, thanks to it, he was able to see how something alike (more or less) to his story with HakYeon looked from afar and with a whole different perspective too. It hurt, sometimes, to see so much of himself on SangHyuk during his first year with TaekWoon (the boy trusted in him easier out of the three) because he saw the struggles he had to pull through in order to find himself inside the shell that was left from the previous dark years, however, he never said a word to SangHyuk about his own past (only HakYeon knew everything about him).

 

“I’m hungry,” HongBin whined, “what are you going to cook, hyung?” HakYeon sent him a death glare before he went to take some ingredients out, which made him smile, dimples deep on his cheeks as he watched the dancer putting a pot of water to boil on the oven.

 

“Demanding much?” the elder mocked him halfheartedly, more focused on chopping the vegetables in front of him, “Can you put the noodles in the water?” he nodded, slowly getting off the isle to pick up the bag of noodles from the counter and pour them in the hot pot. HakYeon pushed him aside with his hips so he could throw the vegetables too, HongBin rolled his eyes with an amused smile that soon turned into a purr because HakYeon started his ears in the midst of checking their dinner.

 

They ate their kimchi on the couch, HongBin on the floor with his back against the couch and HakYeon on it crossed legged while they watched some American movie JaeHwan recommended to them. Once done, HongBin gave his bowl to HakYeon so he could wash them and turned the TV off, their days were nothing out of the ordinary; being a catboy usually meant that he should be the one doing all the chores or whatever HakYeon desired, in almost any kind of way, yet he acted very much like a housewife (not that HongBin complained). HakYeon spoiled HongBin in different ways, compared to how JaeHwan let WonSik do anything (and everything) to him or how TaekWoon gave into SangHyuk no matter what (completely infatuated), but he liked how they worked that way. Not too much not too little (or that’s what he thought).

 

“Binnie, I’m going to bed, you’re staying?” he looked up from their glass balcony door, the city lights displayed behind it, at HakYeon who was now in the middle of the staircase waiting for his answer.

 

“No, I’m coming.”

 

HakYeon was very clingy in all aspects; in fact, HongBin occasionally avoided him for the same reason but when he cuddled up his side in bed, he quite enjoyed his warm. Like any cat. HakYeon stretched his neck, nose pressed to his own, in the silent request of the only thing he asked from HongBin: a goodnight kiss. The catboy softly scoffed as he turned his face to press his lips to the dancer’s, HongBin was well aware that the way he kissed HakYeon gave him away on how much he treasured him.

 

The fights, arguments and rages between them weren’t uncommon, those happened frequently enough for them to carry tiny scars or marks on their skin (for HakYeon were literal, HongBin would never forgive himself for those), however, they worked them out and time helped them getting to know each other, still there was a lot they needed to learn in their relationship.

 

HongBin knew it’ll be alright as long as HakYeon remained by his side.


Note: Beautiful readers, I'm finally back with the Chabean spin-off! I literally rewrote this like three or four times because I was so unsatisfied with how it was coming together so I took some things out and added others, well, long story short it ended up...like this! LOL, I'm quite happy with it, hnstly, I kinda like it because the Chabean/Nbin/Chabin relationship is nothing like LeoHyuk's but I didn't want to lose the "light fluffly theme" from Cheshire (also because they keep a flow so it'd look weird if the characters changed extremely from one to another). I'm rambling again, sorry!

I really, really, really hope you like this drabble/chapter/whatever! And that you'll love Pluto as much as you love Cheshire!

Kisses & hugs for all of you!