PART 1 (Mark)

Slip of Fate

Along the busy streets of our town, I was just strolling to shake off some stress. I had just finished my exams today and I need a breather from all the toxicity my calc had brought me. Ugh.

 

To be honest, I really like going out alone. Not that I don’t have friends, but I just savour moments whereas I am just all by myself. That is why here I am, shuffling through different shops, aimlessly looking around for nothing.

 

As I was walking around, I saw a bookshop and went in to check. Then through the glass window of the shop, I saw a familiar face crying amid the crowd.

 

He was crying, shouting and was already on his knees. So, I decided to approach him.

 

He’s Kim Yugyeom, a junior member from the dance club. I seldom see him in practice because I am always out for catch up reviews. But it is definitely him. Those full bangs, not so chubby cheeks, tall stature, I am certain that it is him.

 

“Hey,” I try to come off softly so that he wouldn’t be startled.

 

He hastily wiped off his tears and propped himself up.

 

“Mark-hyung!”

 

He said with relief, as if he was really pleased that it was I who saw him.

 

I assisted him up and didn’t ask what had happened. It may be too personal for us to talk about it provided that there are still a lot of people looking at us.

 

“What’s wrong Yugyeommie? Want to talk about it?”

 

“Please.”

 

So, I gave him a hand and offered him to grab some coffee.

 

There is this thing in him, he may be young that is why. I just want to snuggle him in and take care if him. I don’t know why I am having these weird thoughts. I think I am the one who really needs a cup of warm coffee.