Chapter 9: Parenting

Agent Provocateur

Minyoung jogged up the stairs, her ponytail bouncing from the impact. She'd taken the elevator to floor fifteen, but she needed a key to go higher than that on the elevator, which she hadn't been trusted with. Yet. Hopefully she'd get one eventually. There were a lot of stairs in between four floors. Even though she didn't have an elevator key, she did have a door key, which was needed to get onto any of the floors above fifteen through the stairwell. Apparently she couldn't pick the lock to get in either, because Joonmyeon had had some security system installed that went off when anything but a key was put in. According to him, the lock scanned the key. Technology has gotten confusing.

She kept hopping up the stairs, taking two at a time until she arrived at the door with the golden marker on the side that read FLOOR 19. She put the key in and heard electronic beeps, then it opened. She hadn't even had to turn in. Interesting. She peered through the door, then slipped through carefully. She closed the door quickly and scampered down the hall, knocking quietly on the door of Joonmyeon's and Jongdae's room. She waited a little bit, but there was no response. She slowly opened the door and peeked her head in.

"Jongdae," Joonmyeon whispered. "Jongdae, wake up. Minyoung's here. Jongdae, wake up!" Jongdae had his head on Joonmyeon's shoulder, his arms around the elder's waist, eyes closed. He didn't move.

"I can come back," Minyoung said quietly. "Yeah, I'll come back later."

"But-"

"Come back later," Jongdae mumbled. "Sorry to bother you."

Minyoung slipped out of the room and closed the door.

"Jongdae! Why did you call her up here if you were just going to sleep?"

"She took too long," Jongdae whined. "Now shush."

Joonmyeon pushed Jongdae off his shoulder and fell back on their bed, looking at the ceiling. Jongdae whined and crawled up the bed, wrapping his arms around Joonmyeon's waist again. Sighing, Joonmyeon rolled over to face him.

"Jongdae, you can't do that," he scolded. Jongdae put on his puppy eyes.

"Do what?"

Joonmyeon sighed a long and heavy sigh, before eventually sitting up. Jongdae whined again.

"Joonmyeonnie, why won't you let me sleep?"

"You can sleep," he answered. "I need to go talk to Minyoung."

"No," Jongdae muttered, tugging on Joonmyeon's shirt sleeve. "I don't want to sleep without you. Who's more important, me or Minyoung?"

"You, obviously," Joonmyeon replied. He looked at Jongdae. "But you can't do that."

"Do what?"

"You can't just call her up here and then immediately dismiss her."

"That's how the hotel business works, Joonmyeon," Jongdae murmured. "Please, Joonmyeon?"

Joonmyeon stood up, making Jongdae sit up and grab his wrist.

"Joonmyeon!"

"Calm down," Joonmyeon said, tugging his shirt off. "It's hot in here."

"It's because I'm here," Jongdae said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Most likely." Joonmyeon smirked at him, then sat in his lap. Jongdae widened his eyes.

"Not what I meant by sleep," the younger claimed. Joonmyeon raised his eyebrows.

"Is that so? Really?"

"Yes. I'm so tired, Joonmyeonnie." Jongdae blushed and didn't meet the elder's eyes.

"That's a shame." Joonmyeon leaned in dangerously close. "It really is."

Jongdae didn't say anything. His eyes flicked upward and made contact with Joonmyeon's, which were staring at him intently. He felt Joonmyeon's hand come up to cup his cheek and flicked his tongue out at it, smirking.

The younger boy tilted his chin up and leaned forward, his lips connecting with Joonmyeon's. Joonmyeon pressed his lips harder against Jongdae's, their lips moving slowly together. Joonmyeon's hand slipped from Jongdae's cheek to tug at his shirt and they split apart. Joonmyeon slowly ed Jongdae's shirt, purposely letting his fingers brush against the younger's chest. Jongdae whimpered quietly and Joonmyeon smirked, leaving the shirt half-buttoned.

"Joonmyeon, don't tease me..." Jongdae whispered.

"You've been bad, Jongdae," Joonmyeon said. "How much did this shirt cost?"

"Joonmyeon..."

"Fine." Joonmyeon slipped his hands under the shoulders of Jongdae's shirt and leaned in to kiss Jongdae again roughly. His hands slowly pushed the shirt off his shoulders. He moved his lips from Jongdae's lips and kissed all over his neck, trying to find a soft spot. He bit at the base of his collarbone and Jongdae sighed. As a result, Joonmyeon on the spot, making the younger moan loudly. Jongdae's hands went up to tangle in Joonmyeon's soft, caramel-colored hair, tugging on it. Joonmyeon groaned at the feeling and pulled back, going to the boy's shirt again.

"Dammit, Joonmyeon," Jongdae grumbled. "Don't tease me, please."

"That's better," Joonmyeon remarked. "Saying please is always appreciated."

"Are manners really necessary right now?"

"Manners are always important, Jongdae."

He finally got to the last buttoned and undid it when he saw Jongdae looking at him from under half-lidded eyes. Jongdae moved his hands from Joonmyeon's hair to trace down his chest, stopping on his belt buckle. Joonmyeon smirked and grabbed the younger's hands, pulling them around his waist. He then moved his own hands to grab the younger's hips, holding them in place while he grinded against them. Jongdae moaned loudly and Joonmyeon took the opportunity to slip his tongue into the boy's mouth. Jongdae's hands moved from the elder's waist to return to his belt and he began tugging at it. Joonmyeon pulled away again.

"Joonmyeon."

"What do you want?"

"I want you so bad, Joonmyeon."

"What do you want from me?"

"Joonmyeon..."

"What do you want, Jongdae?" Joonmyeon stood up, pulling Jongdae up to stand with him. "What do you want?" he repeated as his own hands when to undo Jongdae's belt.

"This isn't fair, Joonmyeon," Jongdae whined. He felt Joonmyeon pulling the belt out of his belt loops and heard the metal hit the floor. He once again fumbled with Joonmyeon's belt and managed to pull it out before Joonmyeon stopped him again.

"Jongdae," Joonmyeon said, looking at the younger disapprovingly. His hands went to Jongdae's pants and pulled them down, leaving his briefs on. He pushed Jongdae back onto the bed before he could completely undress himself, laying on top of him. Jongdae's eyes widened slightly and he pouted. His hands moved to grab Joonmyeon's tightly.

"Joonmyeon, please..."

"There you go. Manners. But what do you want?"

"Joonmyeon, don't-"

"What do you want, Jongdae?"

"I want you to me until I see stars, Joonmyeon," Jongdae whispered, barely audible.

"That's such a rude way of saying it. Can you say it more nicely?" Joonmyeon's hand slipped below the waistband of Jongdae's briefs, Jongdae's slowly. Jongdae moaned loudly, breathing unevenly.

"J-Joonmyeon, please..." Jongdae's voice cracked. "I want to, mmph, ride you, ahh."

"So informal, Jongdae. But I guess you can't really get very formal when it comes to these things." Joonmyeon's hand slipped away and he stood up again, about to take off his pants when Jongdae stood up and stopped him.

"May I undress you, Joonmyeon?"

"So polite, Jongdae. Of course." Jongdae's fingers hooked under the waistband of Joonmyeon's pants and briefs, tugging them down quickly and dropping to his knees.

"Thank you, Joonmyeon," he whispered.

 

------------

 

Jiwoo and Jihoon followed Minyoung down the stairwell, but after just one flight of stairs, they'd gotten tired.

"Why are we leaving floor nineteen, Ms. Minyoung?" Jiwoo asked.

"Oh, trust me, you don't want to know."

"Is someone hurt?" Jihoon inquired, eyes wide.

"No, nobody's hurt."

"What's going on?" the twins asked in sync.

"Jongdae and Joonmyeon just need a little privacy, that's all."

"Are they doing something naughty?" Jiwoo asked. "Are they doing what people call making love? They are, aren't they?"

"It's not something you should hear. I'll say that much."

"So they are! That's so cute!" Jiwoo squealed. Minyoung stopped walking down the stairs to turn around and look at her.

"There are some things that aren't cute, Jiwoo. Making love is one of them."

"But it's making love! The word love is in the name! How can it not be cute?"

"There are some things that happen in couples that just aren't cute."

"But why would it happen if it's not cute?" Jiwoo pouted, looking confused.

"It can still be good if it's not cute. Cute just doesn't accurately describe it."

"But then what would you call-"

"Come on," Minyoung said, putting her hands underneath Jiwoo's arms and lifting her up, continuing to jog down the stairs with the girl sitting in her arms. Jiwoo squealed and giggled.

"Hey, why are you picking her up and not me?" Jihoon whined.

"Because you're actually cooperating," Minyoung answered, panting. "Please, don't make this any harder than it has to be."

Minyoung and Jihoon continued trotting down the stairs until they reached floor fifteen. Minyoung set Jiwoo down and opened the door. Floor fifteen was still open to the public, so she didn't have to bother with the key. She grabbed Jihoon's hand and guided him through, then did the same with Jiwoo. After she closed to door, she walked down the hallway, holding the hands of the children.

"This floor looks so much different than floor nineteen," Jihoon said.

"That's because this floor is open to the public," Minyoung responded. "Anyone can come on this floor. Floor nineteen is limited to whoever Joonmyeon wants to limit it to."

"Ms. Minyoung, you have to be polite!" Jiwoo exclaimed.

"Mr. Joonmyeon." Minyoung rolled her eyes. "I don't have to call him that. And neither do you guys. You know that, right?"

"It's polite, Ms. Minyoung," Jihoon whispered quietly.

"You two really are amazing. Getting a new family, then getting abducted by your original family, then coming back to your real family, and you still worry about being polite."

"Mr. Joonmyeon said it's good to be polite," Jiwoo said cheerily.

"Ms. Minyoung, what was your old family like?" Jihoon asked. Then he realized what he said and spluttered an apology.

"It's fine, Jihoon," Minyoung interrupted. "Which family do you want to know about? My parents or my ex-roommate?"

"Your roommate," Jiwoo said.

"Your parents," Jihoon answered at the same time.

The twins looked at each other. Jiwoo drew her lips back and snarled playfully. Minyoung sighed and stopped walking, unlocking her door and guiding the children into her room.

"Sit," Minyoung said, motioning at the couch. The children sat down together, and she sat on the floor in front of him, her legs criss-crossed.

"There's not much for me to say about my parents. They never really paid much attention to me. They didn't kick me out when they found out I was gay-"

"Uh, excuse me, Ms. Minyoung, but does gay mean you like boys?" Jiwoo asked. "Because all of our new parents are gay, and they're all boys."

"No, no, Jiwoo. Being gay means you like the same gender. So a boy that's gay likes boys, and a girl that's gay likes girls. It's just how it works."

"Oh." Jiwoo stood up and twirled around, her skirt flaring up a little bit. "Does that mean you like me, Ms. Minyoung?"

"Not in that way."

"Good. Because from the way you make it sound, making love is icky and I don't want to do any of that with anyone."

Minyoung burst out in laughter, falling on her back and clutching her stomach.

"Oh my god, Jiwoo. You're way too young to do any love-making."

"Good. It's gross."

"You'll think differently eventually." Minyoung sat up again.

"No, I won't!"

"That's what everyone says," Minyoung mentioned. "Every child responds like that."

"Well, I'm going to stick to it, and- hey! Did you just call me a child?"

"Yes."

"I am not a child!"

"You are seven years old."

"I'm an adult!"

"Yet another thing every child responds with."

"How do you know what children say?"

"I used to have a little sister." Minyoung looked away, sadness in her eyes, her smile gone. "She'd be ten years old right now."

"What happened to her?" Jihoon asked carefully.

"Car crash," Minyoung answered quietly. "My mom was driving with her to a friend's house, and... Neither of them survived it."

"But didn't you say you have two parents?" Jihoon was gentle about the topic.

"Yeah. I do. I've had three overall. My dad remarried less than a year later." Minyoung felt tears building up in her eyes. "My stepmother never cared about me. She only used me to yell at. That's all I ever was to her."

She felt a tiny hand on her knee and looked up. Jihoon climbed onto her lap and hugged her cautiously. After she recovered from temporary shock, she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him back, pulling him close. After they let go, she tickled his sides and he giggled.

"Ms. Minyoung, can we play hide and seek?" he asked.

"Sure. You two go hide, and I'll seek."

"Be sure to count to thirty before you start looking! No peeking!"

Minyoung laughed and covered her eyes, counting slowly and loudly. She heard the children giggle as their tiny feet padded along the floor.

This is my new life, she thought with a smile. This is gonna be great.

 

------------

 

Three hours later, after the children were tired and they were safe to go back upstairs, Minyoung took them back up and led them to their bedroom, tucking them in for their naps. She read them a short bedtime story and kissed them both on the forehead before turning off the lights and stepping out of the room.

She walked across the floor and knocked on Jongdae's and Joonmyeon's door.

"Can I come in now?" she called through the door.

"Sure!" Jongdae called back.

She opened the door slowly and saw both of them laying on their bed, underneath the blankets. She rolled her eyes.

"You two seriously didn't bother to put clothes on after you were done even though it's the middle of the day?"

"Nope," Jongdae answered, a dumb smile on his face.

Joonmyeon's eyes widened with shock suddenly.

"Oh my god, it's the middle of the day. What if Jiwoo and Jihoon heard everything? Oh god, this is terrible. Jongdae, we've done a terrible thing-"

"You're fine," Minyoung interrupted. "I brought them down to my room and played with them."

"Wait, how did you even know what we were doing?"

"I had a feeling."

The entire room went quiet.

Jongdae's loud laughter broke the silence and Joonmyeon looked at him.

"For once, you didn't have everything thought out," Jongdae said. "Actually, twice! Joonmyeon, is this what I do to you?" Joonmyeon rolled his eyes.

"Minyoung, could you leave for five minutes? We'd like to get dressed, then we'll talk."

"Okay, but if it's more than five minutes I'm taking the kids again."

"I wouldn't mind that," Jongdae said, smirking at Joonmyeon.

"That's rude, Jongdae. She's been waiting for us all day. We're sorry, Minyoung. We'll be right with you."

Minyoung left the room and turned around, accidentally bumping into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Minyoung looked at his quickly, taking in his appearance quickly. His hair was a pretty orange-gold color that he somehow managed to pull off. He was smiling at her and he had dimples. He wasn't necessarily tall, but he wasn't short either. He was wearing a shirt with a low neck, exposing his collarbones, and a pair of grey sweatpants. "I don't think I ever got your name."

"Yixing. Zhang Yixing. Chinese. It's nice to see you again, Minyoung," he replied sweetly. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine," Minyoung said. Her default answer. "That was a lie. I'm great, actually. I just played with Jiwoo and Jihoon for three hours, so that was fun. Tiring, but fun."

"Taking them away from Jongdae and Joonmyeon?"

"Yup. They're too young to hear that, don't you think?" Minyoung leaned back against the wall, crossing her arms.

"Definitely. They're cute."

"Yeah, they are. When did you get them?"

"We got them on the same mission when the group came to rescue me," Yixing explained. "Jeon Manor. I'd almost died there. Torture with knives, scars all over my back. Eventually the guy just shoved the knife into my shoulder. Ended up in the infirmary for a few days, same as Luhan. He got stabbed in the side."

"Oh my god, I had no idea. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. Sehun didn't leave Luhan's side for thirty hours. He didn't sleep and Minseok had to bring him food and water. He eventually crashed on the floor and when he woke up, he was back in his room. Minseok had carried him back. He's the strongest one of us. Sehun was mad, though."

"What did he do?"

"He got up immediately and rushed out the door. When he ran into Luhan in the hallway, he practically jumped on him, he hugged him so tight he could barely breathe. He didn't seem to mind, though. They're a cute couple."

"Yeah, they are." Minyoung began walking away from Jongdae's and Joonmyeon's room, walking down the hall next to Yixing.

"Sehun's the youngest of us. He's really tall, but he's still the youngest."

"Interesting. I feel like I should take notes to remember you all. I haven't been here for long, after all. I have no idea how Jiwoo and Jihoon do it."

"Yeah, I felt like that too when I got here. Though there were only five others here at the time. Luhan and Sehun were two of the earliest members to join. They didn't get together for a while, though." Yixing's voice dropped to a whisper. "They still haven't."

"What?"

"Sehun's a ," Yixing muttered. "Luhan's not. Sehun knows, and he's fine with it. But, yeah. He's the youngest, and the only left. Luhan had an old boyfriend before he came here who used him, and he's had really big trust issues ever since. They've been together for a year and a half, Sehun and Luhan. Longer than that one boy, but Luhan's still afraid. I feel bad for both of them, really."

"So do I. That's terrible."

At that point, Jongdae's head poked out of the door and he called Minyoung over.

"Bye, Yixing. It was nice talking to you. Thanks for telling me about the others. I'll remember it."

"Just don't mention my name if you bring it up, all right?"

"Sure." Minyoung jogged over to the now open room and stepped inside. Joonmyeon and Jongdae were sitting next to each other, holding hands. Jongdae's head was on Joonmyeon's shoulder again.

"Oh god, not again."

"Not again is right," Joonmyeon said, pushing Jongdae away. "Minyoung."

"Yes?"

"We want you to work as a receptionist more," Jongdae said. "You did great while we were gone that one time."

"Will I get paid?" Minyoung inquired, raising her eyebrows. "Or will you at least keep me alive?"

"Of course!" Joonmyeon exclaimed. "We're not terrible people."

"Plus..." Jongdae started.

"No, Jongdae, don't say it."

"But-"

"Do not say it."

"Minyoung-"

"Jongdae, do not say it."

"We want-"

"I swear to god, Jongdae-"

"Spy!" Jongdae shouted. Joonmyeon looked furious. "We want you to be a spy. For us."

"Goddammit, Jongdae, she doesn't know us well-"

"Sure," Minyoung cut in. "Even if I didn't want to, you'd still kill me if I said no."

"We're not that cruel," Joonmyeon insisted.

"Well, you'd do something to shut me up."

"So you want to, then?" Jongdae said. "What are you interested in?"

"What are you asking?"

"Hacking? Picking locks? Gaining information on people? Bribery? Theft? What are you interested in?" Jongdae's eyes lit up excitedly.

"I can already pick locks decently, I'm really good at persuasion, and, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm a pretty damn good pickpocket," Minyoung said. "I lived on the streets in between my parents and my ex-roommmate. You pick some stuff up there."

"Ooh. You could be Yixing's underling," Joonmyeon said.

"Or his replacement until he recovers," Jongdae muttered. Joonmyeon hit his shoulder.

"Don't be rude, Jongdae."

"Why do I love you again, Joonmyeon?"

"Why don't you tell me?"

Minyoung rolled her eyes and cleared .

"Right," Joonmyeon said. "Baekhyun might be able to teach you to hack, if you're interested."

"Sounds like fun. Forgive me, but which one is he?"

"Taller than us, but not by much, small eyes, curly brown hair-"

"It's not curly or brown!" someone called. A boy stepped in the room. Taller than Joonmyeon and Jongdae, small eyes. He was cute, actually. Really cute. He was wearing something with a black hoodie thrown over it, black skinny jeans, and white shoes with black accents. His hands were in his pockets and he was smiling. When he smiled, his small eyes curved upwards into crescents. Yeah. He was a cutie. And his hair was-

"I just got it dyed reddish-purple. I think the stylist called it wine. Classy, huh? And it's not curly any more."

"It does look like red wine," Minyoung remarked. "I'm assuming you're Baekhyun, then?" Better be polite. Joonmyeon would be happy. "It's nice to meet you." Minyoung bowed.

"Wow," Baekhyun said, his eyes widening. "So respectful. It's nice. That doesn't happen ever. Everyone here is an , except for you and the children, obviously."

"Don't be so rude, Baekhyun!" Joonmyeon shouted. Jongdae laughed and pecked Joonmyeon's cheek.

"Calm down, Joonmyeon. Minyoung already knows that about us, I'm sure."

Baekhyun laughed, falling to his knees and clapping. His laugh was very high-pitched. Minyoung couldn't help but cover and giggle.

As soon as Baekhyun recovered, he stood up.

"Yeah, I'm Baekhyun. What's up?"

"Jongdae said you could teach me how to hack?"

"I could, but will I?" Baekhyun asked.

"Will you?" Minyoung asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Will you?" a deep voice echoed. Arms looped around Baekhyun's waist and a tall boy appeared behind him. He rested his head on Baekhyun's newly wine-colored hair.

The deep-voiced man had red hair and a black snapback. He pulled Baekhyun up against him and the smaller boy giggled.

"I just got my hair dyed red, Baekhyunnie. Do you like it?" He pulled his snapback off and dropped it onto the floor, shaking his head like a puppy. Baekhyun spun around and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's shoulders, nuzzling his nose against the taller boy's collarbone.

"Yes, Chanyeol. I love it," he mumbled. "You look great, as always." He stood on his tiptoes to kiss Chanyeol gently. Chanyeol tugged him closer and pressed himself against Baekhyun, smiling into this kiss. Baekhyun pulled away with a red face when he remembered they were in the room with three other people.

"Sorry about that," Baekhyun muttered. "This is Chanyeol," he said, motioning to the tall boy. "He's younger than I am."

"I'm his boyfriend," Chanyeol said, a smile on his face.

"I guessed as much," Minyoung responded.

"Chanyeol..." Baekhyun pouted.

"Fiancee," Chanyeol said. "I'm sorry, Baekkie. Boyfriend just sounds cuter. Like you."

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun squealed, hitting Chanyeol's chest.

"I love you, Baekhyun."

"I love you too, Chanyeol."

"So... Will you?" Minyoung asked.

"As long as it doesn't interrupt our date time," Baekhyun said. "And as long as you don't mind him being around, I'll do it."

"Great! I'm gonna go now."

"Wait," Chanyeol called out. "Come to our room."

"Oh." Minyoung raised her eyebrows.

"We're not going to do anything!" Baekhyun shouted. Chanyeol sighed and let go of him, grabbing his hand instead. They walked out of the room together, Minyoung following them. The walk was silent except for when Chanyeol leaned over to peck Baekhyun's cheek, causing the older boy to giggle.

The inside of their room was a little bit messy. Their bed wasn't made and there were a few hoodies and hats on the floor, but at least there wasn't any trash there.

Chanyeol sat down, pulling Baekhyun with him to sit on his lap. He returned his arms to their favorite place: around Baekhyun's waist.

"This is probably what we'll be like during any training I give you, honestly," Baekhyun said, slightly embarrassed. He turned and pecked Chanyeol, who pulled him back in for another kiss. Baekhyun pulled away and hit his arm.

"Chanyeol!"

"I haven't seen you all day, Baekhyun," Chanyeol whined. He pouted, and Minyoung suddenly noticed how his ears stuck out. She couldn't keep herself from giggling.

"Hey, what's so funny?" Baekhyun asked, his face red.

"Chanyeol's ears," Minyoung said.

"They're like Yoda!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun and started tickling him. Baekhyun's high-pitched laughter filled the room.

"Chan... Chan... Yeol... St-Stop!" Baekhyun's speech was filled with gaps. He could barely breathe because he was laughing so hard. "Stop... Tickling... Me!"

"No!" Chanyeol shouted, laughing. "You made fun of my ears again! I warned you!"

"You should... Be tickling... Her! She... Brought it up!" Tears from laughter ran down Baekhyun's face.

Chanyeol stopped, raising his eyebrow and turning to face Minyoung.

"Oh god, please no," she said.

"Chanyeol," Baekhyun said once he recovered his breath. "Please don't do that any more."

"But your laugh is so adorable, Baekhyunnie," Chanyeol whined.

"But it hurts!"

"It does not!"

"My sides ache, Chanyeol."

Chanyeol pouted and began slowly rubbing Baekhyun's sides. He kissed Baekhyun on the cheek.

"I'm sorry," he said, still pouting.

"Come here," Baekhyun replied, looping his arms around Chanyeol's neck and pulling him in for a kiss.  Minyoung had already slipped out of the room by then, trying to give them privacy.

Chanyeol's fingers slipped under Baekhyun's shirt to drift across the soft skin on his belly as Baekhyun's fingers twisted gently into Chanyeol's newly-red hair. Baekhyun tugged gently on Chanyeol's hair, making the younger boy grab Baekhyun's hips and pull him closer. One of Baekhyun's hands pressed againt Chanyeol's chest, the other still in his hair.

"Minyoung left, you know," Chanyeol said in between kisses. Baekhyun pulled away and stood up, then sat in a more comfortable position on Chanyeol's lap so he could wrap his legs around him. The tall boy pulled him back in for another kiss, slipping his tongue into Baekhyun's mouth the first time he got the opportunity. Baekhyun moaned quietly and tugged on Chanyeol's hair even more, and Chanyeol moved his hands to grip Baekhyun's hips tightly. They both pulled away and rested their foreheads on each other's, panting quietly.

"We should go to a different floor," Baekhyun whispered. "The kids are on this one."

"I'm fine with that," Chanyeol responded. Baekhyun got up and Chanyeol followed suit. Baekhyun squealed when Chanyeol picked him up and carried him bridal-

style.

"Are you going to carry me like this at our wedding?" Baekhyun asked jokingly, looping his arms around Chanyeol's neck again.

"Of course," Chanyeol responded, a small smile on his face. "You'll look great in a dress."

"I'm not gonna wear a dress!" Baekhyun hit Chanyeol's chest with tiny fists and Chanyeol laughed.

"I know, babe. But you'll still look great."

"You guys need parenting lessons," a voice said. Minyoung was in the hall as Chanyeol walked by with Baekhyun. "All twelve of you. Forgive me, but everyone here seems so damn all the time."

"Accurate statement," Jongdae called from his room.

"True," Minseok said from a nearby room.

"Shut up," Baekhyun mumbled, his face red.

"We'll be going to another floor," Chanyeol said, unabashed. "So don't worry about the kids."

"What, Mr. Chanyeol?" Jihoon rubbed his eye as he wandered out of his room, holding a teddy bear.

"Oh."

"Jihoon, did you have a nice nap?" Minyoung asked, ducking down to hug the boy.

"Oh my god, that's so cute!" Jiwoo squealed as she walked out of the room. "Mr. Chanyeol and Mr. Baekhyun, you two are so cute together!"

"We won't be in a few minutes," Chanyeol whispered into Baekhyun's ear, making the boy's face turn red in embarrassment.

"Why is his face red, Ms. Minyoung?"

"Well, Baekhyun gets embarrassed really easily and Chanyeol is just generally good at embarassing people," Kyungsoo answered as he walked up to the children.

"Come on, Jiwoo, Jihoon, what do you want to do today?"

"Mr. Kyungsoo, can we draw with you?" Jihoon asked. Jongin came up and back-hugged Kyungsoo, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"If you're going to be drawing, I should be there," Kris added as he walked past. "Everyone knows I'm the best artist here."

"Funny, Kris," Jongin said. He returned his gaze to the kids. "Do you two want to dance with us? Kyungsoo can teach you how to sing, too!"

"That sounds like fun, Mr. Jongin!" Jihoon said.

"Am I invited?" Minyoung asked, her eyebrows raised.

"I don't think we've formally met," Kyungsoo said, shaking Jongin off him and walking over to Minyoung, bowing slightly. He was about as tall as Jongdae and Joonmyeon, maybe shorter, and his hair was red. He had big eyes and his lips were shaped like hearts. Overall, he was really pretty. "I'm Kyungsoo, and that-" he motioned to the boy who hugged him from behind - "is Jongin, my boyfriend." Jongin was one of the taller people she'd seen there, and his skin was a beautiful caramel color. He looked like a model, actually. He managed to make his simple t-shirt and jeans look amazing.

"Minyoung."

"Can Ms. Minyoung come with us, please, Mr. Kyungsoo?" Jiwoo asked, pouting.

"Sure."

"We'll all be on floor eighteen, then," Jongin said. "Dance studio is there. I love it."

"We'll be on floor twenty-three," Chanyeol called. "Don't come and visit."

"Of course not," Kyungsoo muttered, rolling his eyes. He leaned over to Minyoung to whisper in her ear. "Floor twenty-three is the designated floor for ing when the kids are here. As you can tell, most people don't remember it."

"Yeah, I had a three hour playdate with the kids earlier because of Jongdae and Joonmyeon. I get it."

Jongin laced his fingers together with Kyungsoo's and they all started walking, the kids on their heels. They decided to take the stairs since Baekhyun and Chanyeol would be on the private elevator.

"So, Jongin," Minyoung started. "How long have you and Kyungsoo been together?"

"A year and ten months," Jongin answered.

"We were practically dating for months before that, though," Kyungsoo said.

"Ms. Minyoung, can you carry me?" Jiwoo whined.

"I carried you last time!"

"I'm tired."

"Okay, fine," Minyoung said, rolling her eyes and sighing. She lifted Jiwoo up in her arms, carrying her at shoulder height. "Jihoon, thank you for walking."

"You're welcome, Ms. Minyoung," he replied with a smile on his face.

Minyoung sighed, smiling.

"Yup," she said.

"What?" Kyungsoo asked.

"This is my new life, and I don't regret a second of it."

Jiwoo kissed her on the cheek. Jihoon giggled. Kyungsoo and Jongin smiled at each other.

"And we're glad to have you," Kyungsoo said.

 

(A/N: Character development. Character development. Chaaaaaaraaaaaacteeeeerrrrrrr deeeveeeeeloooopmeeentttt. I had to. Since you guys don't seem to dislike Minyoung existing, I decided she could be developed a li'l bit. Also, there's your suchen, kakashilover. I have such a good time writing Minyoung's parts. And of course, the children are back and even more adorable than ever. And since everyone else seems to at their parenting game, Minyoung took over. I hope you liked this chapter, sorry if Minyoung's not really someone you like. Next chapter there will probably be more Xiulay and Taoris, and I will probably manage to throw some Hunhan in there, because I am weak for Hunhan. Sorry this update took so long. Thanks for reading!)