Chapter 2

This Is War

____________________________________________________________________

<>

____________________________________________________________________

"Holler! Holler! Holler! Nawa nuneul matchwo

Holler! Holler! Holler! Jamdeun ne mameul kaewo

Holler! Holle-"

JiRyn groaned lazily and rolled around her bed. She was very excited about today. It was going to be a special day, a special day with Chanyeol oppa the whole day! She grinned to herself. What would be perfect for her to wear? It was summer, so maybe shorts? Nah, she had to look more feminine. A skirt, maybe? What about a dress? 

Those thoughts swam around her mind as she got up from her bed and walked to her bathroom. They had to meet around 2pm, which was 2 hours away from now. She had ample of time to dress up for her dear oppa.

Suddenly, electric music buzzed out of the blue. The girl bit her lips nervously.

*Don't tell me it's the company. Please, please!*

"Hello?"

And her worst nightmare came true. "Oh Ryn ah. There's again an urgent meeting today, and we desperately need you to prepare the files for the chief directors. Can you come immediately came to the head quarters?"

She gasped. "I can't! I have a get together at noon today! I won't be able to-"

"Please, Ryn ah. This is very urgent."

She unsurely glanced at her watch. She was a person who had difficulty in saying a 'no' to people.

"Will this be over by 1:30?"

"Yes! Definitely!"

She sighed. "Fine, I'll do it."

"Thank you so much, Ryn ah. I'll treat you to coffee some day."

And she hung up. She tiredly looked at the ceiling. Her life was so messed up. She dropped on her bed, faking a cry.

She got up as immediate as possible. If she wanted to meet up Chanyeol oppa early, she had to begin quick.

-x-

Without wasting a single minute, she grabbed the papers and clipped them swiftly. At the same time doing it neatly. There were only ten copies in  front of her. The printer was printing 6 others. Her fingers were aching, and she had the urge to take a coffee break. But her meeting with Chanyeol oppa was only an hour and a half away.

Things were already in a rush. This meeting had to well represented by the company, as it involved other corporations that held the future of the company's success. The Kim corps were especially important. The metals they provided were valuable, and they owned 21% of them. If both the company's colaborated well, it would mean the starting of big things in the future.

20 minutes later, Ryn was finally over with the documents. With a satisfied smile, she got up and collected them. She held them in her arms, and they were quiet heavy for a weak girl like Ryn. Along with the 16 folders, she walked carefully out of the room. 

At the lobby, the elevators were almost closing, and she rushed to the doors shouting.

"Wait for me!!"

Just as the doors were about to close, she pushed forward her foot, and she got inside the elevator.

Shyly, she bowed her head at the people in front of her, 2 males in a suit.

"Chaesonghambida!" She squeaked at the person, who, no doubt, seemed to be buisnessmen. Probably for the meeting.

When the person didn't respond back, she confusingly looked up to the person. He was preferably around her age, but he did seem quite good looking. Not to mention hot.

She cleared . Hot? Ew! Chanyeol oppa was a thousand times hotter than the person in front of her. And he looked like a total brat. Rich people like him were spoilt inside-out, except Chanyeol oppa.

The elevator gave a ding! Bringing Ryn back to reality.

Without hesitation, the guy and his secritary walked out, without the 'ladies-first' policy. She scowled. What kind of people were they?

Shrugging away her thoughts, she walked left to the corridoor, and arrived at the conference hall. When she entered the hall, three people came to her side and took away the heavy papers from her arms. Sighing in relief, she walked towards the doors to exit.

"Ryn-shi!"

Somebody whispered her name, and she turned to look at a female staff who anxiously looked back at her.

"Ryn-shi, I'm so sorry, but I have to attend some other important matters and I really need someone to take my place as an assistant for the CEOs. Can you please do that favour for me?"

"What?!" She shrieked, and everybody in the room stared at her. Embarresment filled her whole face and she quietly apologised at the audience.

"What?" she asked in a quiet voice at the staff.

"Can you please do this one favour for me? Please, Ryn-shi!" The person pleaded with a very sorry face, and Ryn knew that she couldn't deny this one important matter. She felt like crying. Just when she had the chance to become more closer to her Chanyeol oppa. She had no choice, she had to take this place. Her job was also at stake, and she couldn't ignore this just for a date. Yeah, just a date.

She finally gave up. "Fine."

"Thank you so much, sunbae!" The staff gave her id to Ryn, who reluctantly took it and stood to her place. Her life was totally in chaos.

The lights in the room dimmed and the meeting began. Remembering her date, she sadly texted to her Chanyeol oppa.

To: Channie Oppa

From: JiRyn dongsaeng

:I'm so very sory oppa! Urgnt meetin at da compny n I've 2 attnd it. Wont b abl 2 make it at da date! Sorry again :C

As soon as she pressed the 'send' button, she got a response.

To: JiRyn dongsaeng

From: Channie Oppa

:Its fine! I totlly undrstnd! Do ur bst!

Her heart once again swelled at his sweetness. He understood her so well. He was the best!

"Chanyeol oppa is so understanding!" She silently squealed. But one person heard it all. She looked from her phone screen and noticed that one person was staring at her wierdly. It was the same guy from the elevator.

She didn't even want to apologize at that brat; instead she glared at him amd mouthed 'what?'. Without even caring if she got fired. She was herself such a looner.

-x-

After the deadly boring one and a half hours, the meeting got over, at last!

Finally free, she walked carefree towards the door. And did not care if anybody was staring at her. But then, a body shoved past her and stood directly infront of her.

As shocked as she was, it was the guy from the elevator.

"What?" She arrogantly said and stepped right to escape his grasp. But the guy blocked it. Annoyed, she glared at him.

"You're hard to get it, right?"

 --

A/N: Yo, readers!! Enjoyed the chapter? Tell me your thoughts about this one. If its bad, tell me, I'll understand. And I'm sincerely sorry for not updating yesterday. I was busy celebrating April fools. 

And thanks Omona_ and kpop1122 for subbing!