Chapter 1

This Is War

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<>

____________________________________________________________________

Ring!!!! Ring!!!!

Sunlight shone directly on Ryn's face, as she groaned loudly at the loud, noisy ring of her alarmclock. "What's your problem!! Let me sleep!"

"Good morning, sunshine! Wakie, wakie! You have to go early to work!" A deep husky voice rang inside Ryn's half-waken ears and she stirred. "Chanyeol...", She sleep talked, kicking her blanket.

"Chanyeol!!" She suddenly got up, with a horrified look spreaded across her face. Rapidly she looked around her room, and then slowly realised that it was her phone's special alarm. Sadly frowning she tried to staightened her bird-nest hairstyle. It was long before she had already developed feelings for her childhood crush. She never had the confidence to confess. 

Like a drunk person, she got up from her bed and headed to her washroom... with red stain covered all over her pants.

-x-

"Sir, your tie!!"

"You have to eat your breakfast, first, sir. Mistress Kim said-"

Jinhwan turned at the butler and gave him a cold look. "Butler Song, you know that I'm running late for the meeting. It's more important than my breakfast."

"But Mistress KIm said-"

"Get the car ready rightaway." The butler hesitantly bowed and jogged away. His master's arrogance always got him in trouble, but he had no other choice than to agree. Jinhwan turned to look a the mirror in front of him, and fixed his neck tie properly.

-x-

A chest-nut haired guy sat on a coffee table, at the company's cafetaria. He impatiently looked around to look for a specific person. He had an urgent appointment meeting 20 minutes later and he couldn't waste more time. He glanced down at his wrist-watch. *9:34 a.m.*

"Chanyeol oppa!!"

A familiar chirpie voice called out behind him. He turned at the direction and saw her finally. Ryn waved hastily at him while Chanyeol returned a goofey smile to her. She jogged at his direction, huffing heavily.

"Woah, chill girl. You're so out of breath, what happened?" He teasingly said and nugged her by the shoulder.

"Nothing, I just ran late for the bus which already left me. So I had to run all the way here." She said, taking a seat on the opposite chair while taking a huge gulp of water from a cup on the table.

The latter chuckled at her who thirstily gulped all the water in a swift manner. After drinking the water, she smiled apologetically smiled at him.

"I'm so sorry, oppa. You're such a busy person, yet you make time for our meeting every morning. And kept waiting by me all the time. I'm such a burden to you." She stared down-cast at the floor, but Chanyeol leaned forward toward her and ruffled her hair. Her heart stopped beating for a second.

He smiled lovingly at her. "Silly, you're not a burden at all. It's normal for a person to wake up late sometimes."

Ryn's heart swelled at his kind words. That was one of the reason she liked him so much, he was so understanding. "Still! You wait for me every morning. Isn't that troubling to you?"

The other shoke his head, smiling. "Not at all."

She kiddishly glared at him. Her Chanyeol oppa was not a human, he had to be an angel that came to guide her... because she was foolish. She lost her smile at the thought. She didn't deserve a perfect man like him. 

Chanyeol frowned at her sudden mood change. "JiRyn ah, is something wrong? Are you sick?" He worriedly asked her.

She awkwardly lifted her arms and shoke them to deny the statement. "Ani!! Hehe.. It's just my menstrual problems, nothing big."

Chanyeol wasn't convinced by her answer, though. "Just to be on the safe side, take a check-up, just in case."                                  She smiled gratefully at him, showing him her dazzling eye-smile. She looked so pretty when she smiled.

The latter stole a glance at his watch and he gasped. "I'd better go now Ryn ah. I have an important meeting so I'll see you tomorrow again, ok?"

She nodded knowingly at him. He got up from his chair. "Bye!!"

"Bye!" She replied back, waving at him. She took a huge breath. "Now, lets also go to work!"

-x-

A beautiful girl flipped through the magazine pages. Her eye caught one of the items and she stared at it. This year Team A was sure to win it.

"Miss Seo, this is the recent designs made by designer Seon YunJu. We have the approval from Chairwoman Seo Jooyeon, she told me to get your permission before releasing it." A woman said, handing Seohyun a bunch of papers.

The maiden took them and flipped the papers, carefully observing the designs. Somethimes frowning over them, and the other times nodding in approval.

"Designs 15 and 23 have some flaws over them. Designs 15's dress is full sleeved and made from semi-wool. Its already summer and we wouldn't be able to profit from that design. Tell Designer Seon to look over it. Design 23's pattern doesn't match the trend going nowadays. The checked pattern is too boring to even look at. But the clothe's outline is well-made. Inform Designer Seon to only change the pattern, nothing else." She returned back the document to the lady, who bowed obediently and walked away.

"Miss Seo, it's time for the photoshoot." A nerdy girl came into sight, while Seohyun nodded.

It was certainly tough for the young girl to be a model and Vice-Chairwoman of the company at the same time. But many people encouraged her, giving her alot of support. And in overall, she loved her job. So it was worth sacrificing for.

--

A/N: Hello, dear readers!! Yay! I finished the first chaptie and I'm 'galopping' in happiness. I'm sure you guys found this chapter boring but I swear to make the next one as interesting as possible!! And of course, please excuse my mistakes! I will try my very best to improve as much as I can.  Thank you for subscribing, Stef-Luvs-Kpop and HerLovelyWinterRose, !!

--