Chapter Four

Incongruent

Chapter 4

 

CHAERIN

 

2000

 

Chaerin sighed in soreness as she massaged her aching feet. This week was the hardest week in her school life so far. Her adviser told her that she will be the section’s representative in their school festival. She, of course, kindly declined but her adviser was persistent. And to make it worse, her mother is a big fan of things like these because she was a former beauty queen in their school.

 

 

So here she is. Inside their classroom trying her best to put herself together.

 

 

“You were so good back there, I know you will win!” Bom said as she sat down beside her tired friend.

 

 

“I don’t think I can wait for the coronation.” Chaerin puffed her cheeks. “I can’t feel my feet anymore.” She whined.

 

 

“You have to!” Bom excitedly said. “It will start in less than hour and you are still dressed.”

 

 

Chaerin looked at her friend who was pleading her with her eyes. “Fine,” She said. “It’s not like I can go home, anyways. My mom will ask me details and she knows me well when I lie.”

 

 

Bom laughed at her friend’s misfortune.

 

 

“Hey, stop laughing.” Chaerin pouted and hugged herself. “I really need my bed right now.”

 

 

“Bom Mr. Lee is looking for you right now.” Sandara, one of their friends said as she entered the classroom.

 

 

“Oh…” Bom looked at the girl sitting. “I will leave for a while, will you be okay?”

 

 

“It’s fine Bommie.” Chaerin smiled at her. “Go away now, shoooo…” She shooed her.

 

 

Chaerin is now alone inside their classroom. Her classmates were having a good time playing games and going to different booths while she is stuck on the chair. She cannot move around because of the uncomfortable clothes and the make-up. She cannot sleep on the desk or else her make-up will be smudged, so she closed her eyes.

 

 

Chaerin woke up when she heard a sound of a moving chair, she saw Jiyong carefully pulling a chair for him to sit on.

 

 

“How long was I asleep?” Chaerin asked and Jiyong was shocked that he almost fainted.

 

 

Chaerin laughed at Jiyong’s misfortune and Jiyong cannot help but to walk towards Chaerin.

 

 

“That was not funny!” Jiyong whined but Chaerin kept on laughing.

 

 

“It is! If only you have seen your expression.” Chaerin held her aching stomach and Jiyong could only look at her shyly in embarrassment.

 

 

“Promise not to tell anyone.” He said and Chaerin nodded her head.

 

 

“I won’t tell a soul.” Chaerin made a zipping movement. “By the way,” she said. “How long was I sleeping?”

 

 

Jiyong looked at his wristwatch. “I don’t know but the time right now is 11:36.”

 

 

“I was asleep for more than thirty minutes?” Chaerin asked him.

 

 

“Yes, it looks like that.” Jiyong answered.

 

 

“I better get going, the coronation will start soon.” Chaerin sighed as she searched for the four-inch black heels she was previously wearing.

 

 

“Oh right…” Jiyong said. “I was about to call you but I saw you sleeping.”

 

 

Chaerin clicked her tongue. “I am really hungry and tired.” She said.

 

 

“Don’t worry.” Jiyong told her and Chaerin smiled at his concern. “You can eat after the coronation.” He said and she clicked her tongue again.

 

 

“Whatever.” Chaerin said and stood up from her seat and walked hastily.

 

 

“Hey.” Jiyong called her.

 

 

“What?” Chaerin looked at him and saw him smiling.

 

 

“Your bag.” Jiyong said and she frowned at him.

 

 

“Just leave it there.” Chaerin said before walking away at him.

 

 

‘Just when I thought someone is concerned.’ She sighed.

 

 

Chaerin went to the auditorium and walked towards her other classmates.

 

 

“Chaerin, the program is about to start.” Youngbae said and she nodded her head.

 

 

The program started and everyone was gathered in the school’s auditorium. Everything was hazy for Chaerin, she is dizzy because of the lack of sleep and the tiredness plus nervousness are all gathering inside her.

 

 

The contestants in her grade level were called and they went on stage. Chaerin looked around and saw her classmates cheering for her and she smiled at them. Bom and Sandara were both holding a big signage for her that made her smile wider.

 

 

Her eyes were roaming around with a smile plastered on her face while every student were all cheering but it seems like the crowd is not complete because Jiyong is not there.

 

 

Jiyong is not watching her.

 

 

‘Chaerin stop—‘She reprimanded herself but she was shocked when the crowd was already wild and people are all looking at her.

 

 

“Our winner for your grade level representative, please come forward.” The emcee said while looking at Chaerin and she gasped.

 

 

Cheers. Applause.

 

 

After several minutes, the crowd was gone and her classmates were the only ones left. After greeting Chaerin, they also left.

 

 

“Good job, Chaerin.” Her adviser said. “I know you can do it. I know you are tired, you can go home if you want to rest.”

 

 

“Really?” Chaerin smiled and bowed her head. “Thank you.” She said as Miss Park walked away.

 

 

“I told you, you are going to win.” Bom hugged Chaerin suddenly.

 

 

“Good job, Rinnie!” Sandara told her.

 

 

“Thank you…” Chaerin said happily. “Now I can now rest.”

 

 

“Aren’t we going to celebrate?” Bom and Sandara pouted.

 

 

“Maybe tomorrow, I am really tired.” Chaerin said. “Miss Park told me I can go home and rest.”

 

 

“Well…” Bom said. “Fine.”

 

 

“Just promise that we will celebrate tomorrow, okay?” Sandara said.

 

 

“Yes, Dara.” Chaerin said. “I promise.” She smiled. “Bye.”

 

 

Chaerin went to their empty classroom and started changing to some comfortable clothes. She was walking towards the school gate when Jiyong called her.

 

 

“Hey.” Jiyong called her. “Where are you going?”

 

 

“I’m going home, why?” Chaerin asked him.

 

 

“Nothing.” Jiyong said, “Do you know your way home?” He asked.

 

 

“Of course, I know. I’ve been living here for months.” Chaerin said.

 

 

“Ohhh…” Jiyong nodded his head. “Are you really, going then?” He asked her again.

 

 

“Yes, Jiyong. I told you I am tired.” Chaerin said. “And the festival is until tomorrow. So I can still enjoy.”

 

 

 

“Well, okay.” Jiyong said as he waved his hand at Chaerin and she did the same. She was out of the school gate when he called her again.

 

 

“Congratulations, by the way.” Jiyong shouted and Chaerin did not look back at him because she was grinning like crazy.

 

 

‘The crowd was complete, after all.’ Chaerin smiled at herself and walked faster before he can see her silly actions. 

 

 

 

 

Well, hello! Please let me know your thoughts. I am trying my best to build the here so please don't be bored.
What are your thoughts about 2NE1's last song? I am really sad, at the moment tho. Let's try to cheer our girls up! 2NE1 nolja!