Chapter 19

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The cold night sky was lit up brilliantly by thousands of luminous stars - big and small. The man calmly made his way towards the dead tree which stood at the very edge of the slope of the mountain peak. Once there, he settled down and leant against the tree, placing the cylinder of light beside him. He closed his eyes and waited patiently.

 

Faintly, he heard footsteps drawing in closer. Each steps were cautious yet to him, they were heavily thumping down on the thick snow. The approaching footsteps came to a halt right in front of him and the man opened his eyes.

 

The wolf was insecure from the way he was behaving. The strong legs were firmly positioned in an almost crouching stance close to the ground with his tail lifted slightly upward. Those emerald eyes were fixed on him and full of distrust. The man chuckled quietly to himself and snapped his fingers. A mystifying blue flame ignited right in between the two, startling the wolf which made him stumbled back and fell on his hind. 

 

He laughed, ignoring the angry growl he received from the wolf. His tails wavered gently by his side as he ceased away his laughter. The wolf remained on the ground as his body shifted significantly. Arms and legs grew longer and stronger while his fur retraced back into his skin. His muzzle shrunk back into his skull and it shaped into a human face.

 

Before him was no longer a growling wolf, but a lean man crouching on the ground. He still retained his wolf ears and tail as well as the angry beast like eyes which were currently drilling holes with his glare. The man could not help it but laughed at the sight before him. Who had ever heard of a man complete in this extreme cold of the night?

 

"What are you laughing at?!"

 

The man was surprised by the deep voice which came from the other. He knew that he should not be. If he remembered correctly, he had never encountered Chanlie when he was in his human form. After all, the only time they had met was when the wolf had saved him from the tragic forest fire. The man suppressed his laughter and took off his coat.

 

"Nothing. Here. It'll keep you warm."

 

He tossed the coat over the fire towards Chanlie. The werewolf glanced down at the coat before looking back at him.

 

"What about you? Aren't you c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter