Chapter 15

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Kris! Come quick!"

 

The blonde wolf spun around and raced to where he heard Chanyeol's voice. They had decided to separate and went around the woods surrounding the town to see if there were footprints or any other traces of the other two wolves.

 

Kris saw Chanyeol's figure from afar, however, what caught his attention was the almost body of a man laying face down on the blood stained snow. As he got closer, he noticed another body laying just a bit further from the first one and it was safe to say that it was a whole lot more bloody than the first one. The chestnut wolf kept looking at the body of the man, eyes puzzled.

 

"Who are these people?"

 

Kris asked Chanyeol whose eyes were still on the dead body.

 

"Hunters, perhaps? Nevermind that, Kris... Take a look at this body."

 

The wolf gestured towards the facedown corpse and Kris lent in for a closer inspection as Chanyeol pointed out.

 

"His throat was ripped off - by something or someone. Do you think one of them did this?"

 

"I highly doubted that. Look at the wound."

 

Kris rolled the man on his back before pointing towards the hollow neck.

 

"The windpipe was not bitten off, it was ripped off. Also, if one of them did attacked the human, there would have been some claw marks on the body."

 

However, the Alpha thought it was strange. What could have done this? Clearly it could not be a wolf nor a bear from the neat kill. He did not know about the other corpse. It was practically torn and ripped into shreds. The claw marks covering the entire body were deep enough for Kris to see the cracked bones and cut veins. However, he somehow had the feeling that these two were done in by the same killer.

 

Yet he did not know of any being which could perform such kills. It might be possible for a vampire to do so, but he knew that those blood ers would not make a mess out of their kill like this. Beside, if it was a vampire's doing, not a single drop of blood would remain of the corpses. Who could be the killer?

 

"Luhan couldn't do such things. I'm not sure about Tao though..."

 

Kris looked back at Chanyeol, puzzled by his words.

 

"What makes you think that the killer is one of them?"

 

He heard the chestnut wolf muttered the word 'Idiot', but before Kris could say anything about it, Chanyeol questioned him.

 

"Kris. Have you forgotten that we, werewolves, can shift between our human and wolf form during the night?"

 

It hit the blonde wolf right on the mark. That was right! How could he forgotten such a thing? It had to be Tao since he went to gather information and Luhan could not have been the one who attacked the human since the bird instructed them to follow his footprints. Beside his pack had came to avoid human since Kai joined them. If that was the case then it could only meant one thing.

 

"That wolf is dangerous..."

 

The Alpha muttered to himself, yet Chanyeol seemed to over heard it.

 

"Well, he was when we first met him, wasn't he? And that explained why the guy's clothes are missing. Still, I don't get why he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter