Chapter 17

Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kris crept through the village quietly, masking his presence in the shadow. He came to search for Luhan's whereabouts while Chanyeol kept an eye out for him from outside of the village. They could not risk getting caught by humans, so they separated. Everything was going smoothly as it should right now and the Alpha moved closer towards a group of men chatting underneath a tree nearby.

 

It was a dangerous decision, but he was hoping that they knew something related to Luhan. He made use of the light color of the snow and qui made his way towards them. Once he was near, he stopped just behind the tree and laid low. The men were barely a meter from where he and he could clearly hear what they were talking about.

 

"Darn it! The wolf should've been mine!"

 

"You were serious when you said you'd pay a hundred fifty!?"

 

"Lemme tell you that white wolves are rare. Searching for one of those would've taken years of tracking and not to mention luck!"

 

"Alright, alright! You made your point. Too bad that guy beat you to it."

 

"That damn bastard! I'd have got-"

 

"Cool it down, will ya? No use crying over spilled milk. Come on, let's go out. With luck, we'll get a few rabbits or may be a deer."

 

With that, the men left, leaving Kris to fear the worst. He clearly heard one of them said that someone bought Luhan. No way... he did not want to imagine the what the human could do to Luhan. He better find that man quick before he did something unimaginable to Luhan.

 

Just as he was about to continue his search, his nose picked up an awful odor, similar to burnt woods and carcasses. He turned around and saw something that made him froze. In direction of where the men had gone to, a wave of fiery flame crashed down on the wooden houses, rapid eating its way around the village. At this point, everything was in utter chaos.

 

People were yelling and fleeing while a few brave men tried their best to on the destructive flame, desperately trying to saving their homes. Yet the fire only grew stronger from the endless wind and circled the village, cornering everything which escaped its clutch in the center of the circle of raging fire.

 

Without doubt, Kris could tell that this was the work of Chanyeol. The chestnut wolf may looked calm and compose most of the time, but he was no where better than his destructive power over the mad flame. The Alpha could say this because he had seen worst when the two of them first met. The dangerous flame as well as the unpredictable personality of his flickered like both a roaring fire and a dying flame. After all the years which Chanyeol had spent in his pack, the wolf had learnt to keep both his power and personality in tab. There was only one reason that Kris could think of which made Chanyeol lost it.

 

He had just realized that there was a chance which Chanyeol might have encountered the men who had just left. The most likely scenario which could have taken place was that Chanyeol overheard what the men were grumbling about - especially the part about Luhan. The wolf might have snapped and lashed out all of his bottled up emotions in a wave of fury, scorching the men in his sight and setting half of the village on fire.

 

Kris could careless about what Chanyeol did since Luhan was not here and this could count as a price they which they must pay for all of the horrible acts they have done to werewolves like him. They deserved it. The Alpha watched in awe as the flame grew brighter and climbed higher while the grey smoke filled the air. He watched in satisfaction as people dropped dead from suffocation or being scorched alive. He watched in slight annoyance as the remaining humans cramped together, screaming and crying in the face of death.

 

None of his business of what would happen to them. He had his own thing to worry about. Since Chanyeol should have calmed himself down already at the moment, Kris's mind was set on find Luhan. The blonde wolf turned around and left. The ground was flooded by melted snow which was brilliantly reflecting the chaotic sight before him. His paws splattered against the lukewarm water as his eyes searched for a way to pass the wall of raging fire.

 

There was an urge at the back of his mind. An urge to look back. And that was what he did. Kris glanced back and watched as the fire roamed through the village. Everything was reduced to ashes and smoke. The wolf watched as the ashes and smoke rose while tiny snowflakes descended down from the grey sky. He could not helped but be mesmerized by the sight. The moment when fire and ice collided, bringing out the beauty which was once buried underneath the foot of human being. Yet strangely, Kris felt like he had encountered this moment before.

 

There was a stinging pain in his eyes of all a sudden. He squinted his eyes shut, but as soon as he did that, a painful headache shot through his mind. He tried shaking his head in hope of ridding away the awful sensation, but it kept growing worse. His feet slowly grew numb and it was not long before he dropped on to the ground.

 

He felt all strength had left him. Why was he like this? He did not know. At this rate, he would be burn to his death. No, he needed to get out of here. He could not die

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter