Stupid Cupid

Stupid Cupid

 

Seohyun wakes up and cover her face from the sun that entered her room. She groans before sit on her bed while stretching herself. She looks at the clock and widens her eyes noticing what the time is now. It’s 7.30am! She is 30 minutes late! She rushes to the bathroom without taking her towel along making her going out to take her towel and go inside the bathroom once again.

Actually, Seohyun is just 30 minutes late. Even if she is late for one hour, she could arrive to her school on time. Her school didn’t start until 9.00am. Her house is not that far. It is just taking 10 minutes to reach her school by walking. But Seohyun isn’t the type of the girl who likes to go and reach school very late. She usually would wake up at 7.00am and goes to school around 7.45am and reached there at 8.00am.

Seohyun came out from the bathroom and look at the clock once again. It’s 7.45am now! She quickly wears her school uniform and socks. She brushes her hair hardly since she is late. She just throws her hair brush on the table and grabs her bag before sprint to the downstairs.

At the kitchen, she opens the refrigerator and gulping down the milk. Her hand reaches the banana and straight away goes outside of her house. Because she is late, she forgets to close her gate properly leaving it wide open.

Yeri peeks at Seohyun and takes a one step outside from the gate while smiling in satisfaction at the wide opened gate. “Perfect!” She exclaimed excitedly. She squats down while waving at someone signaling to come. “Dubu, come!”

A white puppy comes out and sits while looking at Yeri. Dubu is Seohyun’s puppy. She found Dubu in front of her house on her birthday. Someone rang her door bell and when she opened the door, a white puppy in a decorated box was left there. There was a note asked her to take care of Dubu because he or she can’t look after him anymore. Since then, Dubu becomes hers although Seohyun afraid if the real owner of Dubu will come back and claimed Dubu back. She is too attached to Dubu that she didn’t want to give it back to its real owner.

“You know the place, right?” Yeri asked Dubu who was wiggling its tail.

“Woof!” Dubu barked as an answer. The cupids are able to communicate with animals since they learn about disguising animal while wandering around the real world. Cupids and animals have a very strong instinct.

“You may go now.” Dubu barked one last time before running away from Seohyun’s house. Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, and Joy come out and look at the white puppy who was heading to somewhere.

“Are you sure this is going to work?” Joy asked Yeri who seems to have some doubts about Yeri’s plan.

“Hopefully this will work. This is our last chance.” Yeri hopes that the plan that she made will bring Luhan and Seohyun together.

 


 

Seohyun arrives at her school on time. She is panting really hard because she was running even though she still has plenty of time to reach her school. Seohyun walks along the hallway and goes to her locker. She saw Park Chorong while heading towards her locker.

She remembers the most painful memory ever in her entire life. Last week, Chorong kissed Luhan’s cheek and he looks so happy with it. Seohyun assumed that Chorong is Luhan’s girlfriend. It hurts Seohyun so badly. Her crush has a girlfriend. For a week, she cried about it. She is not herself making her best friend worried. Seohyun never tell Yoona that she likes Luhan. No, she won’t tell anyone about it.

She even has a hard time to focus on her study now because of that. Yoona was wondering what’s wrong with her for this week. Seohyun usually will explain everything to her during Miss Jung’s class because Yoona wasn’t interested with her subject at all. But when Yoona asked her to explain it, Seohyun asked her back what Miss Jung taught making the latter surprised.

 

Seohyun and her classmates are at the school hall where there is a rehearsal for the play that will be held tomorrow. Since the teacher who was supposed to teach Seohyun’s class right now is also in-charged for the stage play, she wants to focus on the play more. At the same time, she needs someone to help her for decorating the stage so Seohyun’s class would be good for help.

Seohyun was decorating the backdrop of the stage. While she was decorating, the rehearsal for the play is going on. Seohyun feels heartache when Luhan and Chorong on stage together. Luhan is the hero while Chorong is the heroin of the play.

Luhan starts to sing and Seohyun feels so calm hearing his soothing voice. His soft voice is really beautiful. Seohyun stops with what she was doing just to listen to Luhan’s voice. If only he serenades for her. If only.

She brought back to her sense when Chorong starts to sing. She looks at them and Chorong is singing while looking at Luhan. Luhan looks at Chorong with a gentle smile making Seohyun’s eyes become teary. She avoids looking at them and focuses on her work.

“Promise that you won’t leave me?” Chorong said her lines.

“I won’t do that for you. I will be with you forever. I love you so much.” Seohyun winced with Luhan’s lines. He might be acting but it feels so real when he said to Chorong.

“I love you too.”

Seohyun immediately leaves the stage while covering . She goes to the place where there is no one around. As soon as she reached the place, her tears flow through her cheeks. She sobs hardly. Seohyun had no idea why she is like this. She determined to forget about Luhan since he has a girlfriend but it’s really hard.

It’s really hard to forget about him. She wants him so badly but she knows that she can’t. Luhan will never look at her. He won’t accept her as his girlfriend. He won’t like her as much as she likes him. The difference between them is so huge. Luhan is respected by a lot of student while no one knows her. Well, they know her as the top student but overshadowed by Luhan last year.

Seohyun slaps her cheeks hardly and repeatedly to remind herself to snap out of it.

 


 

Seohyun came back from school with sullen look. She couldn’t stop thinking about Luhan. Her cheeks became red due to her constant slapping herself. Her eyes were swollen too after crying so much. She can’t take it anymore. How long does it take for her to forget about him? Maybe not too long since this is senior year for Luhan and he will leave school and everything will back to normal.

When she was about to reach her house, she noticed that the gate is wide open. She gasps and run inside the house as soon as possible. She worried if someone entered her house.

She goes straight to the backyard to find Dubu, her puppy but much to her surprise that she can’t find it. Dubu usually wandered around the backyard when she goes to school and stays inside the house after she came back.

“Dubu? Dubu! Where are you?” She called Dubu hoping that her puppy didn’t run away.

She looks for Dubu here and there but there is no sight of sight at all. Seohyun cries and blame herself for being careless. Today is her worst day ever; waking up late, forgot to close her gate, heartbroken because of Luhan, and now Dubu is gone.

 


 

Luhan came back from his school after the rehearsal of his play ended. He was really tired with everything; stage play tomorrow, football match in next two weeks time. He really didn’t have time to rest. He needs to study as well. He has been missed a lot of class because of the rehearsal and he needs to cope up with everything that he missed.

He goes inside his house and was welcomed with barking sounds from a white puppy. He smiles and lift the puppy before carried the puppy to his room.

He puts his bag on the chair and lie down on his bed along with the puppy. He pets the puppy that seems to enjoy with his petting.

“Dubu, what is wrong with Seohyun? She looked so depressed throughout this week. Is there something happened to her? Hey, answer me! I give you to her so that you can look after her for me.” Luhan sighed knowing that Dubu won’t answer him.

Luhan knows Dubu and Seohyun. In fact, Dubu is actually his gift for Seohyun for her birthday last year but she didn’t know who gave it and thought that Dubu was abandoned by someone. He bought a white puppy and named it Dubu because that’s his nickname from his best friend. To avoid Seohyun give Dubu another name, he purposely wrote a note and stated Dubu’s name on it. He also purposely wrapped the box with a ‘Happy Birthday’ wrapper.

 

Luhan fell in love with Seohyun at the first sight after one accident happened. Seohyun was walking along the hallway while reading the book and Luhan was walking opposite direction while twisting and bouncing the ball on his hand. Somehow, the ball that Luhan bounced missed his hand and hit Seohyun causing her book and her glasses drop.

Luhan apologized to her and gave her book while Seohyun fumbled to find her glasses on the floor. Luhan looked at her face closely. He remembered meeting her when she was just entered high school last month. He never thought that there is a beauty hiding behind the glasses. She is extremely beautiful like he just saw an angel.

His thought stopped when she accidently touched his hand making her apologized to him. Luhan saw her glasses and picked it up before he put it on her. After putting her glasses on, their eyes were on each other. They stared at each other for a long time until the bell rang. Seohyun quickly stood up and bow to Luhan before quickly walked to her classroom.

He became interested with her and decided to find more information about her. He has a friend who had a duty at the infirmary and secretly took her file to know about her. From there, he found out her birthday, her address. He became a stalker and always stalked her whenever he had a chance. He even followed her to her house just to know where her house is. It's creepy but he wants to know more about her.

But Seohyun is a nerd who only focuses on studying rather than other interests. This is the reason why he is afraid to confess to her. He is afraid of getting rejected by her knowing that she is not interested in love base on his assumption.

However, he managed to stand beside her with no one else except them during the Students’ Achievement Ceremony that was held last year. Nothing can be described how happy he was that time but he was coward to say anything because on his mind whenever he saw her is his confession. He wants to confess for a long time but it’s really hard. They don’t really know each other. She probably knows him as the captain of the football team only.

 

“Dubu, do you think this is the time I should confess to her?” Luhan asked Dubu if this is the right time making Dubu barks in agree.

“But what if she rejects me? I have a lot of things that I scared of but I’m scared that she will reject me. What should I do if she rejects me? She is like the source of my strength. I think about her in everything I do. I can’t imagine what will happen to me if she rejects me or she has a boyfriend.” Luhan revealed his fear to Dubu who only listening to his words.

“She didn’t have a boyfriend, right?” Luhan asked in anxious. Dubu barks and Luhan heaves a relief sigh.

What he didn’t know is that there are five cupids who were watching him with a proud look. “It looks like this plan is getting better than I thought.” Yeri said proudly. The other four look at her and they are proud with the maknae.

 

~Flashback~

 

Yeri looked to her left to make sure that Seohyun is not awake from sleeping. She went to Dubu who was in Seohyun’s room.

“Dubu!” She called. Dubu heard that someone is calling but that’s definitely not Seohyun’s voice. Dubu barked but stop when Yeri signaled him not to bark so that Seohyun won’t wake up.

“Do you feel sad when Seohyun unnie is like this?” Dubu made a shrill sound in order not to wake Seohyun up.

“Tomorrow, I want you to go to Luhan’s house. We will do the rest. Can you do that?” Dubu made a shrill sound once again making Yeri happy.

 

The next day, after Seohyun has gone to school, Dubu followed Yeri’s order and go to Luhan’s house. Dubu remembered where Luhan house is. That was Dubu first home before Luhan ‘gave’ it to Seohyun. Luhan told Dubu a lot of things and asked Dubu to look after Seohyun for him like Dubu is a human or something.

When Dubu reached Luhan’s house, Dubu began to bark loudly until Luhan opened the door. Luhan opened the door and surprised to see Dubu here.

“Dubu? What are you doing here? Where is Seohyun? Is there something happened to her? Let’s go to her house now!” He lifted Dubu with worried look.

What Luhan didn’t know is that he was shot by Yeri’s arrow. Yeri’s eyes widened when Luhan said those words making her accidently released the arrow in shock.

“Maybe we don’t have to go. I think I will use this chance to confess to her. I have an idea on how to confess to her. Dubu, you can stay here for a while.” Luhan brought Dubu inside his house.

Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, and Joy rushed to Yeri after they saw her released the arrow. “Did he get hit? Is there anything changes from him?” They bombarded with sorts of questions to ask Yeri who froze.

“Unnie, he knows her. He knows Dubu. He knows Seohyun unnie. He likes Seohyun unnie.” Yeri struggled to tell them since she was still in state of shock.

“What!” The other four shouted in shock as well.

 


 

It’s been two days since Dubu has gone missing. Seohyun couldn’t stop crying because of it. Dubu is the only one she had. She didn’t go to school to watch the play yesterday. Why she should go there when it only give her more heartache? Enough with what happened the day before yesterday, she didn’t want to cry while watching it and now Dubu is gone making everything worse.

Irene who was watching Seohyun crying all the time, decided to stop her and told her to look for Dubu instead of crying like this. She said that it will be no use if she is crying but didn’t attempt to look for Dubu. “Dubu won’t come if you didn’t look for it.” Irene added.

That brought Seohyun to sense. She’s right. How Dubu is supposed to back if she didn’t look for it? But where she wants to find him? Dubu could go anywhere or maybe someone took Dubu and become theirs.

“Where should I go and find him?” Seohyun asked Irene for suggestion.

“Where do you usually take Dubu a walk?” Irene told her to make her remember where Dubu could’ve gone. Seohyun remembered and quickly go out of her room leaving Irene dumbfounded.

 

Meanwhile, Luhan is watching TV with Dubu beside him. For two days, Luhan had been thinking what kind of confession he will make. He decided to use Dubu at least to lure Seohyun to come to him and he will confess to her. He groans while thinking about it. He can’t help but thinking what if she rejects him?

“Dubu, what should I do? How should I confess to her?” Luhan asked in frustration.

Seulgi and Wendy are there and they have an idea on how to make Yeri’s plan work. Both of them go to Dubu closely.

“Dubu!” They called and Dubu turns to them. “We have a plan. You know where the place that you and Seohyun unnie always go, right?” Dubu barked at Wendy making Luhan wondered why Dubu barked all of sudden. He places Dubu on his lap and petting him. “Dubu, what’s wrong?”

“I want you to go there and make sure that he is following you. Seohyun unnie is going to be there. Hurry!” Seulgi gave an instruction to Dubu. Dubu barks again and again and jumps off from Luhan’s lap and go straight to the door.

Luhan flinched with Dubu’s sudden jump. He didn’t know what happened to Dubu but Dubu looks out of control. He goes to the door and opens it for Dubu making Dubu go out quickly and head out towards the road. “Dubu!” Luhan shouted and starts to chase Dubu.

 

Luhan followed Dubu until he reached a park. Luhan sits on the bench provided where Dubu is also sitting on it while gasping an air. He is so tired after chasing Dubu. Dubu was so fast that he couldn’t catch up with him.

While he was gasping an air, he realized that he is in the park, the park where Seohyun and Dubu always go. Yes, every time Seohyun and Dubu take a walk at this park, Luhan is there too. He is hiding somewhere while observing Seohyun. It is creepy when he thought about it but looking at happy Seohyun is making him happy too.

The bench that he is sitting right now is the bench where Seohyun usually sits every time she comes here. Since he knows her routine, he will put a flower on the bench and when Seohyun sits on this bench, Dubu will take the flower and give it to her. Luhan is glad that she took his flower and can’t stop smiling at it.

 

“Dubu?”

Dubu barks when it heard a familiar voice calling him. Seohyun can hear Dubu’s barking and go towards the bench that they usually sit. Her eyes widen and she rushes to the bench when she saw Dubu. She hugs Dubu and without knowing, her tears fall naturally oblivious that someone is watching her lovingly.

Seohyun turns to the person who is sitting on the bench but freeze when he is Luhan. She can’t help but feel sad when looking at him. “Thank you.” Seohyun muttered in a very soft voice and her face shows a blank look to him before walk away. Luhan surprised when Seohyun didn’t smile while looking at him. He feels hurt for some reason. He wants to confess but after looking at her face, it is impossible.

Wendy points her arrow to him and it finally hits him after she released it.

Luhan clenches his fist and bites his lower lip. He gathers all his courage to confess to her. He stands up and takes a very deep breath before he opens his mouth. “Seohyun,” Seohyun freezes when she heard Luhan called her. By her name. He knows her name?

Seohyun didn’t turn to him. Luhan sighs and walks to her. He turns her to face him. Her face looked so surprise while Seohyun can’t help but her heart racing like crazy especially now that he is in front of her.

Luhan wants to say something. He really does and he is confident enough but there is something missing. That’s when Seohyun saw Irene is pointing her arrow to Luhan. She releases the arrow and it hits Luhan making Seohyun gasps in shock.

“What’s wrong, Seohyun?” Luhan asked in concern after looking at her shocked face.

“Nothing. I should go now. Excuse me.”

“Wait!” Luhan stopped her. “I need to say something to you.” Luhan bites his lower lip. He really needs to say this. He must tell her before it is too late.

“What is it, sunbaenim?” Seohyun called him sunbaenim since he is her senior.

“Call me oppa.” Luhan told her. “Please call me oppa.”

Seohyun blinked with his request. “Luhan o-oppa.” It is so awkward since they are not close.

Luhan’s heart flutters after she called him ‘oppa’. A lot of girls had called him ‘oppa’ before but none of them made his heart flutter like Seohyun. She even called his name. He wants to pass out like now after hearing her voice calling his name.

He grins ear to ear before proceeds the main thing. He clears his throat. “When I met you for the first time, I know that you are a nerd. But after we had a small accident at the hallway, I look at your face without glasses for the first time and I never thought that you look so beautiful.” Seohyun blushed when Luhan said that she is beautiful. This is the first time someone told her that she is beautiful.

“Since that day, I’m becoming more interested with you. I look out about your information and eventually become your stalker.” He chuckles while rubbing his neck. “I’m watching you everyday but you never throw a glance at me.” Luhan didn’t know that Seohyun is doing the same but they didn’t realize that they were looking each other without knowing.

“I try my best to grab your attention but I know that you are not interested in love since you love to study.” Seohyun actually wants to be in love and have a sweet love. With him.

“I did everything to make you accept something from me. For example, Dubu.” Seohyun looked at Dubu and then look at Luhan in confusion. She doesn’t understand. What does he mean? “Actually, I bought Dubu as a present for your birthday. I named it Dubu because it is my nickname that was given from my friend.” Seohyun surprised to know that Luhan gave Dubu to her as her birthday present. She is touched with that.

Luhan takes a deep breath before say the most important thing. “I- like you. Will you be my girlfriend?”

Seohyun astounded with Luhan’s confession. He even asked her to be his girlfriend. She stands there motionless. She didn’t say anything to answer him. Luhan’s face fell when Seohyun didn’t answer him. His mind couldn’t stop thinking that she will reject him. ‘She will reject me. She will reject me.’ Luhan said in his mind.

Joy shakes her head knowing Luhan had this negativity in his mind. She takes her bow and aims the arrow to Luhan. She releases the arrow and it hits Luhan.

Luhan closes his eyes and throws all his negative thought that Seohyun will reject him. He believes that Seohyun will accept him and they will become a lover. Right now, he is waiting for her answer. ‘Answer me, Seohyun. Say yes, Seohyun. Say yes. It’s killing me when you didn’t answer.’ He thought himself.

Seohyun clears and Luhan is nervous when she is going to answer him. “I don’t know, Luhan-shi-”

Oppa.” Luhan corrected her.

Seohyun blinked but change it. “I don’t know, Luhan-oppa.” She mumbled slowly. “This is new to me and I never feel like this. But what about Chorong?” Luhan frowned when she mentioned Chorong. He wants her answer but why she mentioned other girl’s name? He hates it so much.

“What about her?” Luhan wants to know why.

“Isn’t she your girlfriend?” She asked innocently although she is actually hurt when she asked that.

Luhan laughs out loud after hearing that. He stops to explain to her. “She is not my girlfriend. She did confess to me but I reject her. However, she is so persistent. She said that she will wait for me to accept her. How am I supposed to like her when I fall in love with you?”

But that’s not what Seohyun meant. “But she kissed you last week.” Luhan frowned again. When did Chorong kiss him? Is she going to reject him? No, this cannot be.

Suddenly, he remembered and understood what Seohyun meant. He can’t help but disappointed with himself. “That one, I didn’t expect that she is going to kiss my cheek. I have to fake a smile. I didn’t know that you saw it. But I swear that I didn’t have any feeling for her.”

“So, what is your answer?” He couldn’t wait anymore. He wants her answer. That’s the most important thing.

Seohyun hums while thinking for her answer. What she should answer to him? “Hmm, I don’t know. I mean I like you since I met you. I really want to confess to you but I’m scared if you will reject me.” So, she has the same fear too. “I almost gave up on you after Chorong kissed your cheek because I thought that she is your girlfriend. I like you, Luhan oppa. I really do. I want to have a sweet love with you. I want it so badly. I- want to be your girlfriend.”

Luhan’s eyes glint in happiness. That means she accepts him. “So what is your answer?” He needs to confirm it. Seohyun nods and she saw Seulgi shoots her arrow to Luhan.

“Finally!” Luhan jumped in happiness when Seohyun accepts him. His dream comes true. She becomes his girlfriend. After a long time, he finally confessed to her. He hugs her oblivious that she is not used to it.

He noticed that she stiffens after he hugged her. He let go of her and apologized to her because he is so excited. Seohyun is happy as well that she finally together with Luhan just like what she wants. Luhan put his hands on her shoulder and gently hugs her. Now, she relaxes under his hold. Words can’t be described how happy both of them when they found out that both of them like each other for a long time.

“Woof!” They let go the hug when Dubu is barking. Dubu is squeezed in between them. They laugh at Dubu. “It looks like someone is jealous.” Seohyun chuckles at Luhan’s remark. How much he loves her laughing.

Luhan leans to reach Dubu’s level. “Thank you for helping me, Dubu. I know that I can trust you.” Seohyun smiles at Luhan who was thanking at Dubu. Seohyun looks around to find someone.

‘Thank you.’ Seohyun mouthed at the Red Velvet cupids; Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, and Yeri. The cupids show a thumbs up at her with a big smile.

“Let’s go home now.” Luhan offered his hand and Seohyun took it gladly. They walk home while holding hands.

 

Red Velvet look at each other before Irene places the back of her hand to the front and others follow her suit by placing it on top of her hand. “Mission-”

“Succes!” The cupids shout loudly and happily.

 

“Oh unnie, why we can’t shoot Luhan before but now we can?” Yeri asked since she doesn’t understand how does this happen. They failed to shoot Luhan at first but after that they managed to shoot him.

“Because our target is fall in love with someone else. But we forgot that our target is actually falling in love with our master that our target didn’t need any help from cupids.” Irene explained to Yeri. “The reason why we can shoot him now is because he broke the spell.” She added.

Yeri furrows her brows with her unnie’s explanation. “Spell?”

“Do you remember when you accidently shoot Chorong? The power will reverse and Chorong confessed to Luhan but he rejects her. Luhan broke the spell that you gave to Chorong by rejecting her.” Joy continued to explain her.

“Anyway Yeri, well done! Your idea successfully brings Seohyun unnie and Luhan together.” Seulgi praised Yeri for her brilliant idea.

“You’re right! Our maknae has grown up.” Wendy agreed making Yeri smiles shyly.

 

Yeri’s idea is Dubu. She thought that Dubu will be the bridge for both Seohyun and Luhan. She asked Dubu to go to Luhan’s house making like Dubu is running away from Seohyun’s house. Then, she will ask Dubu to go to the park where Seohyun always go with Dubu and with that Luhan will follow Dubu. She also asked Seohyun to look for Dubu at the park and that’s when both of them will meet. Who would’ve thought that her plan is actually going to be better and easier than that?

 

 

 

 

 


Now you have Seohan moment. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Don't forget to upvote and leave a comment. ^_^