Chapter 1

Stage Of Lies
Please log in to read the full chapter

.

Click. Kim Donghoon, the manager of EXO-M, had locked the front door. With his tipsy state, he lurched across the kitchen, drew himself a glass of cold water from the refrigerator, and made his way to his room. He was too drunk to notice the forbidden cigarette smell.

 

   As soon as the light in the manager room went out, there was a stirring from the opposite door. Slowly, carefully so as not disturb his dorm mates’ sleeps, Luhan opened the door and glided to the room that located at the end of the hallway.

‘Happy Birthday’ Luhan announced with a cheeky grin right after the room owner opened the door.

‘Didn’t you say it already? During the day?’ Kris nonchalantly asked while walking back to his bed before half-lying there to continue his weibo activity.

‘This time I said it as your friend, not workfellow’ Luhan explained as he sat himself on the corner of Kris’ small and far too tidy bed, hoping that for a change Kris would concentrate on their conversation rather than his phone.

‘Today is such a long day. Damn the hectic schedule. And the N Seoul Tower. Seriously? Of all places?’ Luhan complained, ‘Why is life so hard?’

His friend finally looked up from his phone. ‘Xiao Lu,’ Kris soothed as he had done on countless previous occasions, ‘At least you did it. You are brave.’

Luhan turned to face him, ‘Yi Fan, I wasn’t feeling brave. I was just too scared for being kick out of the set. ’

  Luhan heaved a short sigh. Not for the first time he was forced to face the height anxiety during work, and it seemed like there are many more such pains ahead in his career. Sometimes he fancied to change his job to acting career. The pay would be even poorer and the hours longer, but at least he would be more independent and not treated as another piece of constituency furniture. Or maybe he would give up entertainment careers altogether and go and get a proper job.

  Luhan cocked his head to the side, with his hands hung loosely in the pockets of his yellow hoodie, which in spite of the sporty design somehow still managed to present his slender frame. ‘Sometimes.. I can’t help but wonder what I work this hard for? I’ve gained so much love, but I can scarcely feel happiness’

‘Hmm,’ Kris hummed as he got up from half-lying position, and sit properly beside his upset mate. ‘so you think we're working way too hard?’

Luhan was a bit taken back and replied, ‘Yeah, but

Please log in to read the full chapter