What's Been There

The Marital Adventure


CL's POV

I'm nervous. 

More so than I've ever been, but even then I still try to put up a wall of calm. It wouldn't do our little group any good if I visibly freak out. I want to appear collected and determined, much like Seunghyun next to me. He's an expert at that look. 

As if feeling my eyes on him, he reaches down and gives my hand a comforting squeeze in support. It's clear that he easily sees through my façade, but remains silent. I entwine our fingers and leave our hands to rest on my lap.

"Are you all sure this is a good idea?" Dara questions, drawing everyone's attention. She's definitely not afraid to show her nerves; my poor friend is practically shaking. Without a doubt, all the negative outcomes for what we're about to do are playing in her mind.

"Yes, it is!" Daesung grins, always ready for a bit of excitement. He smoothes out his flashy pink tuxedo, getting at nonexistent dust specs while he's at it before complimenting himself on his looks. 

I roll my eyes at his antics, though I can't stop the grin that finds its way onto my face. I return my gaze to Dara who is dressed casually in a grey sweater dress and send her a nod. "I agree with the idiot." 

"But Bom will hate us all more than she probably already does-" Dara is cut off by Minzy.

"Unnie, I think she'll be more pissed to find out that she's going to marry a cheater," our redheaded maknae reasons. "Lee Dongwook is so shameless that we need to tell her."

"I just hope they don't cancel the reception after we tell her," Seungri speaks up from his seat in the limo beside Minzy. Without even knowing, I know that he's going to say something stupid. "Because it's at the grand ballroom and I hear the food there tastes good. The free food is the main point of this plan." Yup, called it. 

I scoff, "Of all the things in the world to say, you chose that?" Seriously, it's like he's competing for the biggest idiot title against Daesung. A close race, but leaning more towards the younger male. 

"Yeah," Minzy agrees with a nod of her head. "This is serious. I mean, Bommie could be marrying scum in a few minutes and you're joking around here."

"The food still tastes good whether I joke or not!" He defends himself, eyes wide and hands raised to prove his innocence. 

"That's enough," my boyfriend says in a loud, firm voice, successfully ending our little argument. Once everyone is quiet, he gestures over to Jiyong who is sitting at Dara's side. 

"Let's try to remember the plan, people," GD advises. He effortlessly falls into the role of leader of this little...adventure, if you will. "We try to do everything as discreetly as possible. Of course, that'd happen if we are able to get her before the wedding starts, but seeing as the traffic is terrible right now, the chances of the wedding having already started is huge. So-"

"We're going to crash it!" Why we did even agree to let Daesung and Seungri come?

"No, crashing the wedding implies that we weren't invited. We're simply going to disagree with it. Hopefully, she'll at least listen to us. She knows we wouldn't lie to her like this so she'll at least be taking time to think before we most likely get kicked out. When she's contemplating what to do, that's your-," Jiyong points to Youngbae who still has yet to say a word, or even remove his eyes from the floor. "-cue to tell her how you really feel. I hope you know what you're going to say because that's the most important part of all of this, whatever this is. If Dongwook tries anything, we'll hold him off. Are we ready?"

A chorus of six 'yes's fill the vehicle, including Dara's unwilling one. We all look to Taeyang whose lips are probably glued together from nerves. I'm pretty sure I'd be the same way if I were in his position. I casually pull him into a one-armed hug, hoping he'll be fine.

"Relax," I whisper into his ear. "Just say to her what you truly feel."

He nods, "I'm ready." Though he looks anything but. He really shouldn't be so worried because I'm absolutely positive that Bom feels the same way about him. It's just a shame that Dongwook came along and blinded her.

At that, Daesung and Seungri start cheering loudly, but Minzy successfully stops them with an elbow to each ribcage. Bless her soul; poor girl has to endure both of them at once since they're on either side of her. That is usually Bom-unnie's task. 

I sigh when thinking of my unnie. While theres a chance that she'll believe us, I know she won't come easily. If for some reason she doesn't believe us, we'll be losing a great friend. "If things don't work out-"

"It'll work out," Seunghyun assures me with a small smile.

I return it, acknowledging that. "-but if they don't then we'll keep trying and trying until we get her to see, even if it means that she'll never want to speak to us again. I just need her to know what she's getting into and, if she agrees to stay with him after she finds out, then we can't protest that."

"Ah, we're here," Dara informs us. 

The limo comes to a halt at a grand cathedral. The location screams elegance and extravagance, totally not Bommie's style. She's likes expensive things, but not to this extent. I immediately know that it's Dongwook's doing. The ancient, Spanish-inspired establishment goes for a more neutral colour scheme outside and the stairs leading up to the entrance are lined with reporters.

"Remember the plan," Jiyong tells us. 

We all gather towards the centre of the limo because Dara just has to take a selfie before we go. After a few clicks, we begin to pile out of the car. When I move to get up, Seunghyun's hand that holds mine tugs me back gently.

"Something wrong?" I ask, looking at his beautiful face. I'll never be able to comprehend how someone can be so goodlooking; it's absolutely ridiculous. I guess after decoding that, I'd have to move on to how Seunghyun decided to get with me. My looks really lack in comparison to his.

"Are you alright?" 

"Yes. Why wouldn't I be?"

He shrugs, "I just wanted to make sure. I know that you have your doubts, but like I said, the pieces will fall into their respective places."

"Let's hope," I mumble, sincerely wishing for that to happen. 

Together we get out of the car where we're met with flashes, blinding and unending. It's a miracle how I make it up the stairs without falling, but I'll pass the credits for that over to my boyfriend who kept a strong grip around my waist and practically had me glued to him. 

I turn the photographers' shouts into a mere buzz in the background, ignoring when they call out either of our names. We show the door man our invitation and he bows, opening the tall wooden structures just wide enough for us both to get through. 

"Took you two long enough," Seungri declares when we meet the others on the other side. He earns a slap upside the head from Seunghyun when he says, "Don't tell me you two were making out back in the limo."

Dara hushes us from where her ear is pressed against the door that leads to the ceremony, "They're just about to ask if anyone objects so we only just made it in time."

"But the plan..." Minzy's voice trails off in question. 

"We'll have to ditch that and just barge in," Jiyong decides, finally starting to look worried. I know why. Because if Bom is going to kill us, it'll be as soon as we walk in through those doors and bring the wedding to a screeching halt. 

I release TOP's hand and move to press my ear up against the door too, "Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Lee Dongwook and Park Bom in matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men-" the pastor recites. I turn back to the others, "It's about to happen."

"What? I wanna hear too!" Daesung says, running up to the door. 

"No! No! Oppa, wait-" but it's too late. Before he even considers my words, he trips right before he reaches the door, sending it flying open. He, Dara and I are propelled to the floor, landing messily in the hall where every head turns to us.

"-let them speak now or forever hold their..." even the priest starts giving us a 'what the hell' look, along with the hundreds of guests. But all their expressions combined can't hold a candle to Bom's furious expression. It has me frozen in my spot on the floor of the now silent room. 

But even in her anger she looks breathtaking in her wedding dress.Tears pool on my eyes at the sight of her and I'm ashamed to be ruining such a moment where she should be happy. No matter how much I tell myself that it's for the best, it still feels wrong. 

"Get out," she orders all eight of us, voice clearly heard even from where she stands at the alter. "Right now."

"Noona, please just hear what we have to say," level-headed Jiyong begins after helping Dara up while I'm pulled to my feet and behind a strong body; Seunghyun. 

And Dongwook suddenly looks nervous as he demands that we leave, too. He's supported by some greying woman who wonders aloud who we are, "Must be those YG bastards." So I'm guessing that's Dongwook's mother.

In a big ' you' to South Korea's messed up superiority complex, Minzy is telling that bitter, old hag to shut up. I have to do a double take to ensure that I'm hearing correctly. But when I determine that I am, a smile touches my lips in pride; I didn't know the maknae had it in her. 

"You will not speak to me like that, young lady. I am your senior and you will show respect-" I cut her off, seething in anger as I move closer to the front.

"No, you won't speak to her like that," I rectify. "I don't care how old you are, but you're going to sit your down and be quiet because we have something important to say."

Dongwook's mother looks taken aback, "What's so important that you're ruining this wedding?! You all need to leave, this isn't a joke."

"No," all eyes flash to Bom who speaks. "If you have something to say, say it now. I want everyone to hear because this is your only chance. So speak loudly and make it worth it."

"We can't tell you in front of everyone-" Bom stops Dara mid-sentence. 

"Someone better say it!"

"He's cheating on you." Taeyang doesn't beat around the bush, does he? Seriously, of all times for him to find his voice, it's to be so blatant. I watch with wide eyes as he walks past me, stopping a little ways before a speechless Bom. 

The guests don't really have anything to say either which is good because the old hag finally shut . They all sit to watch as the events play out; I'm certain multiple cell phone cameras are rolling, too. So much for being discreet like Jiyong said.

"Honey, are you believing this nonsense?!" Dongwook inquires. The guy is practically sweating now. Ah, so it's clear that he's been caught. Now he's just trying to plead his case.

Bom's hand slowly falls from his and she takes a step back. "They wouldn't make this up. No matter if we're fighting or not, they're not those kinds of people."

"But they are! They've hated me from day one! They're trying to ruin us!" he pleads.

"The pictures," I mumble, I'd remembered to pick them up from the table before we came, but even as I search my purse frantically, I can't locate them. Multiple curses escape my lips as I even fumble through every pocket of my jeans, but still come up short. 

And then they're suddenly in front of me. I take them, bowing in the utmost gratitude to my man who's had them; I guess he'd be the one to know too well about my forgetfulness. I pass them to Bom who manages to inspect them before Dongwook grabs at it and rips them to shreds. 

Unnie's eyes glisten with tears that have yet to come and when she stares at her fiancé it's like she's not even seeing him. Her gaze makes it seems like she's looking straight through him for what seems like forever. Then she goes down. Taeyang only just manages to catch her before she crumbles to the ground in sobs. 

"Get your hands off my financée, you scum!" Dongwook scurries over to the pair, dragging Taeyang away from Bom. It happens in a blur: Youngbae-oppa stands, punches Dongwook straight in the nose and a loud cracking noise is heard. Even I recoil in surprise. Bom tries to get in between them to prevent the fighting, but Dongwook retaliates, narrowly missing her as oppa gets hit. 

The three best men also jump in on Taeyang which causes Seunghyun, Daesung and Jiyong to get in on the action, too. It's an all out fist fight now and no matter how much I try to pull Seunghyun out, he's just doesn't relent. It seems me holding him back just gets him more blows so I release his waist, watching in shock as he pounds one of the best men. 

"TOP, stop it-" I start to say, but I'm cut off when a purse comes hurdling at my head. When I look, Dongwook's mother is wearing a triumphant look from where she stands. . I throw it back at the nutter, knocking her to the ground. I almost feel bad, but then I catch sight of her shooting me the bird from where she lays and figures that it's best if she stays there for a while. No one seems to want to help her anyway so they must have the same thoughts.

I catch sight of one the bridesmaids recording the whole thing and move quickly to stop her. I slap the camera out of her hand and I'm met face to face with none other than Nana. I don't even want to know the reason why she was chosen to be part of the wedding party. 

"Ah, ah, s-sunbae," she stutters when she sees me, her entertained expression now gone. "I'm sorry."

"Get out," I tell her firmly, pointing to the door. "Now."

I almost want to laugh when she bolts, looking like a headless chicken and almost tripping in the process. It's a miracle that reporters haven't tried to sneak in, but it's only a matter of time. It's best to end this utter crap right now. 

"STOP IT!" I yell; louder than intended, but hey, it worked to pause everyone. Though I've done numerous concerts, it's strange to have everyone looking at me. I send the spotlight over, "Taeyang has something to say."

"I do?" My oppa with the bloodied mouth questions. 

"Um, yes," I say. It's not entirely a lie; he still has to tell Bom how he feels. "There's something you have to tell Bom."

Realization dawns on him and he goes into full on confession mode as though he hadn't been fighting a few seconds ago. People can be so weird sometimes, really. While he's talking to Bom, I move to find Seunghyun who's now sporting a swollen eye. It's sure to darken by tomorrow. 

I look to who he'd fought with: a best man who has two swollen eyes and a displaced nose. Cool, as long as my guy won and didn't get permanently hurt. They'd both learnt their lessons as so did everyone else, except Seungri, that is. It seems he chose to disappear at a time most convenient for himself. Coward.

Gently, I pull down Seunghyun's sunglasses to hide the swelling, "You okay?"

"Never better," he deadpans.

I let out a light laugh at his sarcasm, smoothening out strands of his bangs, "I'll get you some ice."

"That can wait," he disagrees, taking my hand as he gazes over at Taeyang and Bom. "Since we've come this far, we might as well see how it plays out."

"Like every other story: boy confesses, girl shows some reluctance, he persuades, she realizes her true feelings and then they get together," I narrate, watching amusedly as those exact things play out. "The end."

"Have you read this story before?' TOP chuckles. 

"Maybe."

"Noona!" Seungri makes an appearance and attaches himself to Bom's waist, "You'll still have the reception, right?"

 


"Well, today was...interesting," I begin, applying ice to Seunghyun's injured eye. They flutter shut, allowing me access to his vulnerable state. I'm reminded that he trusts me and that isn't something he gives to many other people; even gaining his trust took a long time. "How much trouble do you think we're going to get into tomorrow when we get to work?"

"I can't even imagine," he mumbles as I apply some ointment to help with the bruising. He flinches when I accidentally put too much pressure. 

"Sorry," I apologize.

"It's fine."

"Are you sure? It's gonna be here for a while."

"It's fine," he repeats.

"At least you got him back good," I murmur, wiping my hands clean on a towel. It doesn't look too bad of an injury. I mean, he still can't really open it, but as of now, it's only a slightly purple and red colour. It hasn't darkened yet. "Eh, you're still better looking than me," I joke. 

"Chaerin-ah, you're stunning," he acknowledges. "I don't need two eyes to see that. Honestly. And you've got a great personality; impossible not to fall in love with it."

"Wow, that was so cheesy," I laugh, pressing my lips to his in a brief kiss. "Please don't ever say anything like that again. It's not like Mr. TOP to be like this. Will the real Choi Seunghyun please stand up?"

"I try to be all suave and you shoot me down. I'm wounded."

"Haha, so punny," I tell him sarcastically with a roll of my eyes before laying with him on the bed, switching off the bedside lamp in the process. My leg goes around his hip automatically. He pulls me closer so that I'm up against his chest, his arm immediately snaking itself around my waist. As much as he claims to not like skinship in interviews, he could really fool me. He loves the thing more than I do.

It's impossible for me not to think of our own relationship now. Even though we had our moments, among our friends we're the most sane and private. I wish that it could stay that way forever, even after we have our kids running around this place

"Seunghyun?"

"Hm?" he replies sleepily.

I continue despite his state, "When we get-" I cut myself off, too nervous to even utter the word with regards to us. 'Married', Chaerin, I mentally tell myself, It's just a word so say it. And although I recognize that, it doesn't want to come out because I'm not sure how he feels about marriage. I don't think he even wants to get married if he hasn't brought it up once in our three years together. 

"What is it, babe?" he asks after I've stalled for too long; he sounds sleepier by the second. 

"Oh, it's nothing. Nevermind." Ah, what am I doing? I just need to tell him. "Actually...I was just thinking that when we get married, I hope it's an intimate wedding that runs smoothly."

He chuckles, agreeing. "After you bravely fought with an elder today, you're scared to ask about marriage?"

Deny. Deny. Deny. "Pfft, no! I just didn't know how to phrase it."

"Right," he replies sarcastically before turning serious for my sake. "Are you ready to get married right now?"

"No," I say honestly. When I was twenty I used to think that I needed to get married right then, but actually being in a long-term relationship made me realize that I just need to enjoy the dating period, even if only for a bit more. I'll still like to get married in my twenties, but I've got five more years for that. Plus, Seunghyun isn't one to rush things.

"Me neither," he reveals what I already knew. "But, as soon as you're ready, I'll be on one knee waiting for you to say 'yes'. You won't expect it. And, of course, we'll have children, too." Okay, now I think he just doesn't want me to sleep from excitement.

"That so-" my words are cut short by the ringing of my cellphone on the beside table. I reach for it, reading Bom's name on the screen. "Hold on a sec, babe," I instruct before bring the phone to my ear. "Unnie?"

"Oh, Chaerin-ah! Thank goodness you're still awake!" her voice sounds through the receiver; I pass her undeniable energy off as her drinking too much coffee. "Donghae proposed to Dara a few minutes ago, but we all think he's gay. I think we'll need to do more investigations. Is Seunghyun-ah with you? Tell him to come, too. We're meeting at my house in-" I end the call and switch off my phone, not ready for this again so soon. Maybe next week.

"Our friends are crazy," I say when we both are already aware of, only to be met with light snores in response. I look to see TOP fast asleep, an innocence about him that totally contrasts his on-stage persona. I smile at the beautiful sight, feeling sleep come upon me, too. I softly kiss his neck, "I love you."

And I really do. 



A/N: Hi, thanks for reading. So this isn't really a Skytempo, but it kinda is while being a slight Bombae. Lol. Take it as you will. I'm working on more Skytempo though so please anticipate :)