Final

Favourite Food

Japchae. Korean dish made from sweet potato noodles,stir fried in sesame oil with vegetables , sometimes served with beef, and flavoured with soy sauce, and sweetened with sugar that tasted incredible. It had been Taehyung's favorite food from the moment he had tasted it for the first time when he was three.

 

He didn't know what exactly was so appealing about it to him, it just was.

 

His family had known about his obsession with it and has always given his share to his pet.

 

Throughout the years he still kept eating it; even when he ran out of japchae, he would go to the shop , mall or market or at everwhere he can find japchae– it didn't matter to him if it was morning, afternoon or night – to buy a large amount of it.

 

From early on, the kids in the  same school as him knew that they should leave Taehyung's japchae alone.One boy, who had dared to eat his last japchae, had ended up mysteriously in the hospital with a lot of bruise marks, a broken nose, and a fear of everyone with black hair and black eyes. The boy also never ate japchae again.When asked who had done that to him, he had started trembling with fear while Taehyung had walked around with a smirk on his face for a whole week.

 

Nobody ever dared to steal Taehyung's japchae again after that incident.


Taehyung,Hoseok,Jungkook and Jimin were eating lunch underneath a big tree that provided them protection against the burning sun.

 

They had just finished their school project together but had stopped in a clearing to eat.Ever since their first school project, they had agreed that with every school project ,one of them would take care of their lunch and bring it with him or her. Next time, it was someone else's turn. This time it was Taehyung's turn to prepare their food – for which everyone, safe for Hoseok , was happy since it was every time something else Taehyung prepared, instead of ramen every time it was Hoseok's turn.

 

Taehyung had made japchae with thinly sliced carrots, onion, spinach, mushrooms and  served with beef .

 

Things were going just fine until Hoseok decided it was a wise idea to go for the last japchae . Poor boy; he really shouldn't have done that.

 

Just when he had picked up the japchae , a hand gripped his wrist tightly and tugged at it.

 

He glanced up and looked in Taehyung's pissed face.

"Drop the Japchae, pabo." Taehyung said coldly.

Jungkook and Jimin stopped eating in favor of staring at the two boys.

Hoseok frowned and tugged at his wrist, trying to shake Taehyung's hand off him. "Bastard, don't be so difficult. What does it matter if I eat this?"

"Because it's the last one." Taehyung replied through gritted teeth.

Hoseok shrugged, still trying in vain to release himself from the firm grip. "So what? You already ate so many japchae; you're not going to die if I eat this one."

Black eyes glared at him and the grip tightened. "No, but you might end up dead if you don't give me that japchae immediately." He hissed.

"Euhm, Hobi hyung , maybe you should just give the japchae to Taehyung." Jungkook tried to divert the upcoming battle nervously.

Hoseok shook his head stubbornly. "No way, the prissy bastard has just to this up. Geez, what are you? A big baby?" He said annoyed and with one final tug, managed to free himself.

"Don't you dare to eat that, idiot." Taehyung snapped and his whole body tensed.

"You have some serious japchae issues, bastard." Hoseok grinned and hastily stuck the japchae in his mouth.

"You didn't." Taehyung whispered.

Hoseok grinned even wider. "Oh yes, I did." He said triumphantly and one cheek showed the outline of the small japchae, indicating he hadn't swallowed it yet.

"Spit it out, moron." Taehyung narrowed his eyes and balled his fists.

"Naha, this japchae is all mine. I'm going to eat it and enjoy it and there's nothing you can do about it, jerkface." Hoseok snickered.

"That's it! I'll get that japchae back!" Taehyung snapped.

"What will you do, huh?"

 

Hoseok's grin disappeared when his view of his other friends was blocked by a face with black eyes and black hair. Two hands gripped his head to keep it in place and something strange pushed against his lips. Without thinking about it, Hoseok opened his mouth and that something slithered in his mouth, searched around and withdrew after a few seconds, taking the hands and the face with them.

 

Taehyung sat back with a smirk on his face, chewing on the japchae he had stolen from Hoseok's mouth.

 

Jungkook was gaping at the two of them with wide open eyes,not sure if what he had just seen was true while Jimin was just grinning.

 

"WHAT THE DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING, YOU ING BASTARD!" Hoseok exploded after his brain had finally progressed what exactly had happened to him, just a few minutes ago.

 

"Hn, pabo, what did you think I've done?" Taehyung asked bored after having swallowed the japchae

 

"YOU ING KISSED ME! WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Hoseok screamed, getting red in the face.

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Moron, that wasn't a kiss. This is a kiss." He said and once again, he invaded Hoseok's personal space and brought his lips against the frozen mouth in front of him.

 

He slowly pressed against them, and nibbling on them until the mouth underneath him opened slowly before pushing his tongue in. His tongue slid between  teeth and met the other tongue, coaxing it into a soft but passionate battle. He explored the whole mouth and vaguely remarked that Hoseok tasted like his favourite food after the initial taste of their lunch. It made sense that he tasted like japchae, Taehyung thought distracted.

 

When he was certain he had gotten his point across, he drew back and sat calmly back on his place, looking calmly at a frozen and dazed Hoseok. "That was a kiss. What I did before was just getting my japchae back. Learn the difference, imbecile." He snorted and took a sip of his water.

 

"Wha – what?" Hoseok murmured, still not thinking properly.

 

When Taehyung looked back at his other teammate ,he noticed that Jungkook had passed out from shock at seeing his crush kissing another boy.

 

Jimin was looking at him with a weird knowing look in his eye. "It's friendly of you that you want to teach Hoseok the things he needs to learn from life, Taetae-ah." He said happy.

 

Taehyung narrowed his eyes. "Shut up." And went back to eating his food.

 

It wasn't until a few years later that Hoseok actually learned that eating Taehyung's japchae resulted in the bastard kissing him to get the food back. It was very useful knowledge to have. And Hoseok didn't think Taehyung minded it that much that he ate his japchae. The kisses were enough proof of that.