The One With His Letters

Brothers Despite Everything

Lay yawned as he entered the dorm. He was expecting it to be quiet so he would have peace momentarily, but he saw the other members waiting for him in the living room.

"Hyung!! Come sit on my lap!" Baekhyun shouted at him, which caused him to cringe from his voice

Some of the members were already sitting in the couch with maknaes on their laps while Kyungsoo refused to be in close proximity so he opted for the middle of the floor.

Suho looked at him worriedly as Lay rubbed his eyes.

"We're having a meeting about the next few appearances" Suho explained

"Oh...can i sleep then?" Lay asked since he wouldn't be here the next few weeks due to his impending return to Beijing. Suho nodded as his reply.

Some of the other members complained that he could sleep, but Suho shushed them. However, Sehun didn't want to lose easily.

"Hyung come sleep in my lap instead" he argued

"Hey! I'm not a bed" Kai complained as he's the one letting Sehun sit on him. Kai tried to shove Sehun off him, but Sehun pushed back using his big .

"Sehun listen to Suho hyung" Lay stated in annoyance. Lay waved bye at them as he rushed upstairs to his room. A few members said their bye while the others looked unhappy.

"Okay so for the first radio appearance in Navercast, Kyuhyun is confirmed to be the MC" Suho smiled as a few others cheered. "Then we have Sukira radio..." as Suho continued on.

A distraught Sehun finally realized that Lay won't join them for any of these shows

"Wait wait....Lay hyung will miss my birthday? You said it'll be all of us for my celebration!!!" Sehun complained while pointing his finger at Suho

Suho sighed before he explained "Sehun, it's not always possible to have everyone with us...we talked about this so many times..."

Chen looked at him in his judging face as he said "You only care about your birthday? He'll miss every event...even exo's anniversary"

Sehun huffed as he combed his fingers through his hair while looking smug "my birthday is the only important event of this year..."

This caused the members to throw every pillow, dirty socks and clothe at him.

"Can we kick him out of the group?" Kyungsoo asked seriously, which caused the members to laugh at him for asking so seriously. They didn't know that Soo was serious though.

Suho laughed before telling them to calm down.

"But it's not fair that he'll miss everything" Kai whined also, which got the agreement from others. Sehun mocked them with his mocking face, a common reaction when everyone agrees to Kai/Tao but not him.

"Look...his schedule was made weeks ago by SM. You have to talk to the company if you want to complain" Suho explained as the members became quiet at the fact of reality. "And he's not gone...he's forever in our hearts..." which earned the most pillows/clothes thrown at one minute.

"Hyung please stop doing that..." Chen stated in truth while the other members agreed

"But I'm just being myself!! Come on!! Lay always say this to us" Suho complained

"Yea...but he's so cute that you love it when he says it while for you...it just makes it..." Chanyeol started to explain but didn't know how to let him down easily

"It makes you look corny...we still love you though!" Chen said quickly so the bandage would be ripped open already. The members laughed nervously while looking away.

Suho glared at them before continuing to the next portion of the meeting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay...so that's it...any questions?" Suho asked as he saw a few members looking bored as hell while the rest almost falling asleep

Suho sighed as he whined "why do you guys always look so bored so when I do meetings but Lay makes you laugh"

"Cos he lets us use our phones!" Sehun shouted at him

"He tellls funnier jokes" Xiumin grinned

"He's a better speaker to be honest" Soo explained with wide eyes as a few agreed with him

"He lets us eat junk food before bed time!!" Tao shouted, but messed up his pronunciation. The members laughed at him but not before Baek mocked him

"Yea...so can you go to China instead of him?" Baek asked jokingly, but Suho glared and started to approach him. Baek panicked and fell to the floor while trying to escape. Everyone laughed at his failed attempt. Baek nervously chuckled as he looked embarrassed and sat back down in his chair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day arrived as it was time to record for Inkigayo performances. They waited in boredom backstage as some practiced their dance moves while the others played with their phones.

A tired Lay watched Kai cringing as Suho kept showing off his dance moves to him. Kai kept trying to escape but Suho wouldn't let him until he gets some criticism. A sudden push was felt on his back as Xiumin hugged him from behind.

"Layyy" he as Lay smiled

"Da ge!" he replied smiling

"Let's go out to eat tonight before you leave"

Lay was about to response when Chen came over and glared at them for not inviting him. Lay laughed as he pulled them both into hugs.

"Okay let's go tonight"

An eavesdropping Baekhyun showed up and whined also.

"I want to come too!!"

"Ehh you're not allowed… M members only" Chen pushed him away

"Then how come you didn't say Tao will join?" Baekhyun argued back

"He'll join too...we don't want you" as Xiumin waved his hand as if to signal him to go away

"It’s okay...he can come" Lay stated as he didn't want anyone to feel left out

Baekhyun cheered as the other members wondered what's going on.

"What's going on?" Suho asked

"Dinner with Lay hyung" as Baekhyun grabbed Lay away from XiuChen, who are glaring at Baek for telling everyone their plans.

"What?! I wanna come" Kai whined as he approached and nudged Lay

"Nooo!!! It's our last night with Lay hyung...you guys have seen him since he came back" as Chen explained and grabbed Lay's arm so Lay would listen

"That's not fair hyung. You guys saw him daily too. I won't even see him on my birthday. I should be allowed to come" Sehun argued and glared at Chen

"Hyung you'll let me come right?" Soo stared at him innocently as he pleaded

Lay laughed at the sudden affections of his brothers.

"You guys were in our dorm yesterday and the days before...it's our turn to have him alone" Xiumin argued back as he rarely would argue, but he was frustrated with the noises from the past few days. He just wanted one night without more maknaes.

"Guys..." Lay started to talk, but the members were too busy arguing between themselves

"Yo yo!!" Lay shouted as the members quiet down and looked back at him

"Its fine...we'll all go out" and the K members cheered while XiuChen glared at Lay

"Then I'll be with M members alone… so no sleepovers" as Lay glared at Sehun, who acted innocently. The K members looked at Sehun, expecting him to comply.

"What? I just want extra time with him" Sehun argued back

"No sleepover or arguments about this otherwise you can't come for dinner" as Lay stated seriously

"Fine" he huffed and kicked an invisible rock on the floor while pouting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exo went in to the restaurant, but Lay decided to pull Xiumin and Chen to the side for a minute. The K members glared at them as they knew they were having their own secret meeting every time that happened. Tao, who was distracted by Sehun, realized that s were starting a meeting without him.

"No! Wait!" as Tao ran to them while using crutches. It looked so funny that K members laughed at him while Baek mocked his movements.

Tao almost slipped at the end, but luckily Lay grabbed him and helped him stand up. Chen shook his head, while Xiu and the other K members laughed out loud.

"What secrets are we sharing now?" Tao whispered

Lay laughed at Tao's ridiculous statement. Meanwhile a jealous Baekhyun stared at them and decided to make K's own secret meeting.

"Yea well we have secret meetings too!!!" Baek yelled at them from the other side

"Will you be quiet please?" Chen yelled back at him before returning his attention to Lay's

Baek stucked his tongue back at Chen while making random noises from his side. Chanyeol followed his lead and started to make noises too. An annoyed Kyungsoo lifted his hand to smack Baek and Baek automatically shuts up along with Chanyeol. Kyungsoo, Kai and Suho sat down while Sehun, Baek and Chanyeol tried to eavesdrop on their conversation from far away.

"I know you guys will miss me, but I'll sit with them tonight" Lay stated in simple Chinese so Chen and Xiumin could understand. They nodded along as Lay spoke slowly for them. A bored Tao hated his approach of making them learn Chinese, but knew it was necessary.

"And I know you'll be mad, but I need to bring Baekhyun tonight again" Lay stated to Xiumin.

"Wait...what does 'bring' means again?' Xiu forgetting a simple word

"Bring" Tao explains in one korean word. Xiu's face turned to annoyance as he shook his head.

"Ugh do we have to? He's becoming like Luhan now...except Baek doesn't know how to enter my room yet" xiu argued as the M members laughed at him. They remembered the countless times Luhan entered Xiu's room while he's changing or sleeping, and the shouting that followed.

"Wait...da ge forgot to reply in chinese!" Tao exclaims while pointing. Xiumin bowed his head in embarrassment while expecting Lay to punish him. It was another rule that M members have to improve their Chinese. They are required to speak back in Chinese, no exceptions.

"It's okay...tonight is rule free" Lay chuckled as Xiumin smiled at him happiness

"You can't do that!! If it was rules free then K members can join us!" Tao argued while Xiumin and Chen stared at him in their judging faces. They just knew Tao would not let go punishment for others but would try to escape his own punishments.

Lay lightly smacked Xiu's head in surprise. Xiu gasped at Lay for daring to do that as Lay laughed and kissed his cheek.

"Okay so everyone okay with this?" Lay wanted to make sure they were okay with his decision as usual.

"Wait...so where will Baek sleep?" As Xiu struggled to get his pronunciation right, Tao helped him along and Xiu smiled back at him gratefully.

"I'll take him" Chen stated as he really wanted to have his revenge on Baek for letting him have perm hair.

Lay nodded as he told Tao that he'll bunk with him. M members dispersed as they walked back to the table. They saw K members looking back at them while whispering in secrecy.

Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol and Sehun near him as he tried to make it look like they formed a circle and were not eavesdropping on M meeting. Baekhyun pretended to be in a serious K meeting by talking about next week performances.

"Yea so I think we should just shove M members to the back in our performances" Baek stated as Suho glared at him, Kai rolled his eyes and Soo was ready to hit him for being an idiot.

"What are you guys talking about?" Tao asked in confusion as he couldn’t catch what Baek said.

"Tao they're having a meeting...don't be rude" Lay said jokingly as Tao obeyed him.

"Yea you guys aren't invited so..." As Baekhyun waved his hand at them so they'd leave

Chen glared at him, Xiu looked so done with Baek antics while Tao was still confused on the situation.

"Okay guys let's go for hot pot without them" Lay suddenly exclaimed in Chinese as he grabbed as much as M members he could. Tao shouted in excitement while XiuChen cheered. They waved at K members, who looked so confused.

"Wait what did he say?" Kai asked in confusion

"I think he said hot pot..." Sehun explained as his Chinese was getting better

'Wait wait hyung don't leave us" Baek grabbed Lay's arm before he could leave.

"Sorry we don't listen to people who kick us to the back" Chen snide back as he pulled Baek's arm away from Lay.

Lay laughed as the situation evolved exactly as he expected.

"Yea… so bye" as Tao mocked Baek back with a wave, which earned the laughs of the others

"Hyung i was joking...you understand right?" Baek begged at his hyung

Lay shook his head at him. "Nope i don't... Why should i when im just ur backup dancer" as Lay stated with a hint of resentment in his tone. Baek understood with Lay's tone and knew he had to apologize.

'Okay okay...im sorry...im sorry..." As Baek went one by one to each of them, but Lay felt it wasn't enough even though the others laughed.

"No...you have to bow also" as Lay shook his head when Baek finished apologizing. Baek bowed his head and redid his apology.

Baek went up to shake Xiu's hand and bowed a little 'xiu hyung I'm sorry" Xiu smiled as he loved seeing Baek being punished for once.

"Lay hyung I'm sorry saranghae" Lay nodded at his words

"Chen ssi I'm sorry too" which Chen accepted as he laughed

"Tao ssi...saranghae" as he pleaded Tao with his eyes.

"Lay ge...he didn't bow to me" Tao complained as he pointed and pouted

"You have to hug him instead...and apologize for mocking his rapping" Lay told Baek as he knew Tao was hurt the other day.

"Tao ssi I'm sorry. I promise to never mock your rapping...and I'll be a good older brother from now on" as Baek told him as he hugged Tao. "But I can't promise I won't mock your accent..." Baek teased as he let go of Tao

Tao laughed as he gave Baek a thumb up and waved him away as if Baek was Tao's slave.

"Okay! Let's order" as Lay stated in happiness and began to sit down. Sehun, Baek and Kyungsoo began to fight for the 2 chairs besides Lay.

Kyungsoo was about to smack Baek when Lay said 'Guys enough...I'll sit on one of your laps' as he laughed. He sat up and walked behind the chair to see who'd fight to be in his chair.

Kyungsoo gladly sat in the empty chair next to Lay's since he refused to have close contact with anyone while Sehun and Baek fought to be Lay's "chair". Sehun won the match as Lay sat on his lap. Sehun smiled smugly as they ordered for food.

As the food arrived, Sehun would feed Lay hyung despite the fact that some food would fall on his lap. Baek would pick it up with his chopstick and fed it back to Lay hyung.

Whenever Sehun would need to feed himself, Lay would lean right or left so Sehun could aim to his own mouth. When Lay leaned right, Baek would feed him and made him eat twice the amount as he would worry for Lay's health these days. When Lay leaned left, he would pat Kyungsoo's thigh and Soo would blow on his neck in revenge, causing him to giggle. At other times, Soo would also feed Lay.

Tao, who was sitting in front of Lay would whine to Suho about opening some crabs/lobsters as he didn’t know how. So Lay would open some crabs for him and fed him with his fingers. Soon the other members wanted to be fed also by Lay, but there were not enough crabs. So Lay told them he'll bring more food from China so he could feed them again. They laughed as Lay looked confused to their reactions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Guys settle down!" As Suho tried to make a speech, but everyone else was too busy talking. Suho managed to catch Lay's attention as Lay noticed Suho's pleaded eyes. Lay banged the table with 2 hands.

'Hands up!' Lay shouted in Chinese as members caught on to his words and they lifted their hands up from the table as fast as they could while being quiet. Whoever lifted their hands up the slowest and make the most noise would pay for everyone’s drinks.

A distraught Chanyeol lifted his hands too slow and the members laughed at his shocked face.

"Wait!! I wasn't ready..." As Chanyeol complained but the members wouldn't hear his arguments as they laughed.

Lay laughed as he held his hand up as members quieted down. "Chanyeol ssi...no excuses. Now let's hear from Suho" as Lay passed the attention to Suho

"Thank you Lay ssi... It's almost 3 years since our debut and our first win for our new comeback!" as Suho said excitedly and the members cheered by banging the tables and making noises.

"Time!" Lay shouted again in Chinese to indicate the members should stop making noises. Tao snapped his fingers a few times until everyone quieted down. It was common to pretend Tao stopped the time so they'd be silent. Baek began to mock Tao's snaps while making a silly face, but Lay patted his leg so he stopped mocking.

"We've had a tough year in 2014 and this year is getting better right?" Suho started talking again as the members nodded. "We know success is hard but being together every day is even harder. We have disagreements and fights, but we have always found a way to go back to peace. I'll try to be a better leader this year and listen to you guys whenever there are complaints or arguments. I'll take better care and responsibilities whenever there are faults between us...we're in this together after all. So as long as you guys follow me, I'll follow you also to wherever you want to go." as Suho talked almost closed to tears. Chanyeol stood up and rubbed Suho's back while telling him to not cry during his good speech.

Tao looked down into the table as he looked sad and Lay grabbed his hands as he could only console him that way while sitting in front of him. Chen, who was next to him, rubbed his back and Sehun hugged Lay tighter from behind. Kai covered his face in his folded arms, which laid on the table while Xiumin comforted him.

Suho cleared his throat as he signaled Lay to take over. He sat down next to Tao again in which Tao grabbed Suho for comfort. Suho rubbed his back as Tao covered his face in his neck.

"I was going to stand up...but I’m a prisoner to our maknae" as he gestured to an emotional Sehun behind him. They chuckled as Lay continued.

"I didn't really think I'd be good at leading M members. I actually think Chen would be better at leading..." As Lay gestured to Chen, but Chen shook his head and mouthed “stop it”.

"I know I've been so busy now that I didn't get a chance to talk to each of you personally. So I wrote a letter for each one of you..." As Lay started and everyone laughed when he said he wrote them a letter. Lay looked so confused when they laughed.

"I don't get it...did I say something funny?" And they laughed again as Chen gestured him to continue on so he did. He opened the 9 pages of letter which some members chuckled at.

"My fighting members, I'm so sorry for leaving you due to individual schedules and that I won't be here for most of the promotion. I know this is our most important comeback so I feel guilty that you guys are working harder than me during this. So I’ll be confessing to you guys in these letters because I can’t make it tomorrow for navercast" he continued

"You worked as hard as we did Lay" Xiumin stated first before Baek could mock Tao's lack of involvement. Xiu smiled smugly when Baek looked sad that he couldn’t mock.

"Da ge, you've been my inspiration for having a healthier body these days so I thank you for making me better in every way. You understood my pain the most when he left and the amount of times we’ve cried together will not be lost in my memory. I hope you remain healthy as always and no more diet!" which earned the chuckles from everyone. Then he continued in Chinese "Hardships let us grow better and they will feel like nothing as we become better in the future" Xiumin smiled back as he understood Lay's meaning while the K members looked confused.

"Suho hyung, please don't feel too burdened to take care of us. We may be the ungrateful brats but we're also each other guardians no matter how young we may be. I promise to help you grow as a leader and help pave the road as we continue to deal with dumb and dumber, but most of all the beagle line" as Lay chuckled saying the last words. Sehun smirked at his new nickname while Tao huffed at the ridiculous nickname. Then as usual his last line would be in Chinese "To have someone supporting your back is easier to have than to let go that same responsibility to the same person. I hope you'll be able to do that in the future". Lay passed the written Chinese sentence to Tao who would translate for Suho.

"Baekhyun ssi!" Lay smirked at him

"Lay hyung!"

"What time is it?" Lay asked in english teasing him.

"It's Donkey time!" As Baekhyun stood up to shake his in the same fashion as Sehun would during his solo in TLP. The members laughed out loud including Sehun. Lay gestured him to sit down, which he did after one more wiggle.

"Wait you forgot to do one for yourself!' Baek shouted before Lay could continue. The others laughed at the idea.

"Oh...um...Yixing I love you for being passionate in everything that you do. But please be fluent in Korean already because your members get tired of correcting and helping you" A few of them laughed while some told him its okay. "And please don't forget your members when you're far away from them. Try to depend on them more when things get tough instead of letting yourself carry the heavy burden. Most of all stay humble as always because opportunities may come or go, but having ego will come back to bite you"

The members cheered at his part until Lay told them to calm down.

"My funny brother Baekhyunee... You always knew what to do when I'm feeling down. I sometimes wish i had your optimism when things get rough and i will always envy your fun nature. However..." Suho chuckled at this. "Ill not miss your singing at midnight, the noises you make with your games or your loud voice when I'm in China" as Lay stated honestly as he listed Baek’s flaws with his fingers. Baekhyun pouted at his words while the others laughed.

"Who would miss him anyway" DO muttered as the ones near him laughed.

"Even though you're sometimes worse than the maknaes, you'll always be my favorite dongsaeng and my partner in crime. Your honesty is something I always treasure and I hope you'll always be honest when I ask you for criticism. Don't let the reactions of fans on your personal life dictate you on how you should live your life. You'll always be byun byun to us and you won't disappoint us despite what they say" as he continued in Chinese.

A dumb founded Baek looked back at him as he stuttered "Wait...i don't understand. Why is the whole letter in Chinese?"

"To make you study the language better!" Lay exclaimed while smirking and the others laughed. "And to make you depend on Tao as much as he depends on you in Korea" as Lay passed the written letter to Tao. "Now you have to be nice to him or he won't translate for you" Baek pouted at Lay's revenge while Kyungsooo, Suho, Xiu and Chen clapped at Lay's idea. Tao looked extremely happy as if he received the best Christmas present from Lay.

Chen stared at Lay expecting the best letter from him and Lay smirked at him before he continued.

"Chanyeol ssi our tallest member..."

"By a few cm!!" Sehun huffed at Lay's words, but Lay chuckled at Sehun's argument.

"Waeee what about me?!" Chen suddenly shouted, which the members laughed.

"You're not in this group...you can leave now" Chanyeol joked at him as he waved. Chen side eyed him before replying.

"Fine! I will...see if you guys can hit that high A without me" Chen pouted as he stood up.

"Wait Chen ssi..." Lay shouted "You really want the letter?"

"Yes!" Chen smiled at him as he sat back down.

"Our Chensing Machine...the one with the voice of gold. Without you, exo-m would be dancers with mediocre singers" Tao laughed at Lay's joke, but the others didn't understand since his letter to Chen was completely in Chinese. They turned to Tao to explain but he shook his head and pointed at his ge.

"Chen ssi...i wrote it all in Chinese...you have to translate it well okay?" Lay explained as members began to understand why. A shocked Chen nodded as he grinned.

"Wait...is there an answer sheet?" Chen asked as Lay would always provide answer sheet to his little quizzes.

"Yes...its located in M dorm...where my heart is" Lay stated. The members laughed, but only Chen knew what he meant. "I expect a korean version by next week!" Lay told him and Chen gave him a thumb up

"With our birthdays only days apart, I couldn't help but relate to you the most when stability began to crumble. You, as well as Xiumin, never doubted me when he left. You gave me the courage to move on and you were always the light that shined when M members needed support. You were there when I spent hours trying to recover my songs and you were there when I remade Promise. I could have never accomplished these things without your support. If I'm able to repay how my heart felt during those times, I'd devote myself to your happiness" Lay finished the letter while Tao looked sad at the end. The K members figured that the speech must be emotional.

"Understand it?" Lay asked him in Korean while Chen laughed nervously. Lay leaned over the table to give the letter to him.

"Some parts..." as Chen grabbed the letter from Lay's hand.

"Chanyeol ssi, my partner in composition. Ever since exo showtime, we spent days discussing the better ways to compose a song. You would understand my feelings the most when it comes to creating a sick beat. Your happy nature is always welcomed when things get rough and your tall height has always helped me get things from tall cupboards" Chanyeol laughed at this statement.

"It's okay to feel down the most when life hits you hard in the stomach. Not every action against you must be welcomed with your smile" Lay finished and passed the letter to Tao again.

"Wait... You expect me to translate for everyone?" Tao asked in a shocked voice.

"Just write down the korean words in the back" Lay suggested. Tao nodded as he turned to Suho hyung.

"Hyung can you write it while i whispered it to you?" Everyone laughed at Tao's funny suggestion. Suho nodded as he chuckled.

"DO ssi...our r&b prince!" Lay exclaimed in english as DO glared at him for always saying that

"The quietest member in K yet the one our beagle line love the most!” Lay exclaimed, and Baek and Chanyeol nodded along with him as they waved at him. However DO ignored them. “We'd always talk for hours on the most randomness topics, and you would always open up whenever I ask you for advices. However, you would still smack me when i pat your ... That hurts me here...not here" as Lay pointed to his heart first and then his . DO laughed as he smacked Lay some more in the arms.

"I'll always treasure your tips for acting when I'm in China. Don't let idol life constraint you for what you were. Have the courage to face your fear of what fans may do to your life" Lay was about to pass the letter to Tao but DO insisted he'll try to solve it.

"Tao...I'm gonna skip you and you can read it yourself" Lay said jokingly

"No!!! You have to read it...it's not fair to skip me. Hyung...tell him" as Tao grabbed Suho's arm, however Suho just grinned.

"Our dearest M's maknae…" He started in Chinese

"Wait...I'm the maknae" as Sehun was only able to recognize the word maknae.

"Quiet you...he said M's maknae" Tao stuck his tongue at him while Sehun fixed his bangs and ignored him.

"We're the minority of this group but also the most needed since they depend on us the most for China promotion. I hope you will stop doubting yourself because you'll never disappoint me or anyone in this group because of your injuries. Despite from being different towns and families, you'll always be the little brother I never had. Everything we’ve been through we shall not take it lightly and we’ll endure the pain together if more obstacles are in our path. No matter what happens, I’ll be there to guide you when you’re lost or in pain. Wo ai ni Tao” as Lay ended his letter in a choked voice and Tao was already crying in his chair despite Suho’s best attempt at comforting him. Sehun hugged Lay tighter while Soo rubbed his arm.

“See what you did Tao… Hyung skip Kai’s letter and do mine instead” Sehun argued, but was met with deathly glare from his hyungs.

“I’m fine...” as Lay cleared his throat. Tao suddenly stood up and tried to walk to Lay’s side while bowing his head down despite the fact he couldn’t stand well without his crutches. Lay noticed as he stood up and struggled to get free from the chairs that blocked his exit. Suho was worried that Tao might injured himself so he helped him get to Lay.

They hugged tightly as they finally reached each other with Lay rubbing his back while telling him to not cry so much already. Tao nodded as Suho helped him back to his chair. Meanwhile, Lay went back to his chair but decided to sit on Baek’s lap. Sehun pouted but Lay explained he’d like to see his face when he reads the letter for Sehun.

“To my K counterpart Kai ssi, the little brother that would compete for my attention whenever I’m too busy helping other members with their dance even though he dance better than me”

“No hyung…you’re better! Besides how come no one wants to teach me?” Kai argued as he pouted

“Cos you’re Kim Kai our main dancer…not Chanyeol the rapper” Kyungsoo stated as he glared at Kai

The members laughed except Chanyeol who pretended to be hurt.

“I remembered meeting him for the first time. He’d perform this amazing dance solo in front of new trainees. I would be so amazed by it and then when he was done, he reverted back into this little kid who forgot how to tie his own shoelace” as Lay explained an old story which caused the members to burst into big laughter. Kai, who was ashamed, still laughed while smacking on Xiu’s arm. Xiu ended up glaring at him until he stopped.

“Anyway… I’ve always felt burdened lately due to my new position as leader of M that I can’t help M members with the dance as much. So I’m always grateful to have you as their second favorite teacher…”

“So you’re still their best teacher?” Kyungsoo asked

“Yes…of course” Lay smiled smugly

“We both share the same burden as we both have old injuries and the company expects us to always be ready to perform. Having to share that burden with you will always mean something to me. I’m sorry I could not be around when they need us to show the signature move…but my temporary replacement Chen will do great” as Lay pointed to Chen, who went ‘woot’ as he raised his arms up. Kai laughed as he told Chen to be ready for gruesome training.

“And finally to our maknae Sehun” Lay faced towards him

“Finally…you saved the best for last” Lay chuckled at his words

“No…I only wrote one sentence for you…see?” as Lay showed his letter.

“You’re just kidding right?” as Sehun saw it and thought it was a joke.

“What does it say?” Baek wanted to know since it was in Chinese

“Sehun stop clinging to me when we assigned Tao to you for that exact same reason” Lay read it to Baek in Korean. The members laughed again except Sehun who was annoyed.

“Nah… I didn’t write yours because you never like reading so I’ll say it” as Lay explained.

“Our dearest maknae, you worry over us so much when we also worry over you. Your playfulness is a delight, but it is always overshadowed by your brat attitude” as Lay joked even though some would say it seriously

“You taught us how to be better leaders due to your antics while we taught you how to survive when you needed us the most. You’ll always be my little brother that I watch over the most and the one I’ll go to when days are bad. No matter what fans may say, your role in exo will always be significant and we wouldn’t have imagined this group without you” as Lay ended the last sentence in Chinese. Sehun avoided to cry like Tao did so he nodded and hugged his hyung.

“I think I’ve talked too much and I’m tired of my own voice so Suho hyung…” as Lay ended his speeches and the members cheered for him.

Suho stood up and thanked everyone for coming. He hoped for the 10 of us to be together again soon as the members get ready to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning arrived as Lay was running back and forth searching for his stuff. Chen helped him as usual by putting things in his luggage and backpack.

“Did I remember everything?” Lay asked Chen nervously. Chen nodded as he smiled to him.

“Don’t worry Lay ge…everything’s there. I made sure of it” Lay smiled at him gratefully before hugging tightly one last time. He let go and went to Baek for a hug

“Don’t forget us okay” Baek whined as Lay nodded and patted his . Then he went to Xiumin

“Da ge…take care of them while I’m gone” as Lay gestured to Tao and Chen. Baekhyun pointed at himself so Xiu would take care of him too. However Xiu pushed him away as he’d rather have Suho take care of that brat.

“Don’t forget to bring more foods…and don’t stay up so late. And eat more okay. Call me daily okay” Tao started rambling while Lay nodded every time.

“Are the K members still coming?” Lay asked and soon saw a van braking extremely fast in front of the dorm

“Wow… that was the worse driving I’ve ever seen” Chanyeol exclaimed as he came out while Suho agreed.

“Guys! Hurryyyy he has to leave!” Tao shouted from afar.

The K members came running to him as each said their goodbyes.

“I talked to the maknaes…just tell me if they cause more problems” Lay whispered to Suho as they hugged. Next was a sleepy Kai who still wanted to come despite lack of sleep.

“Hyung don’t forget to stretch before you do any stunts” Kai mumbled sleepily as Lay hugged him.

“Whatever acting advices Chanyeol told you….forget them and just listen to mine” Kyungsoo told him before he reluctantly hugged him. Chanyeol pouted as he heard this

“We shall play guitars together again when you’re back and finish that song” as Chanyeol hugged him and Lay smiled

Sehun stepped in front of him with a sad face as he held his tears.

“You’re gonna miss my birthday…and our anniversary” Sehun stared at him in sadness

“We’ll do face time okay….and you guys will be in Beijing that date. We’ll try to meet up okay?” as Lay caressed his face and hugged him

“Promise?” Sehun asked

“Yes…as much as the song” Lay teased as Sehun let go of him.

The manager came in a hurry to grab Lay’s bags as he put them in the car.

“Guys one last hug before he leaves” Suho shouted as they all ran to him except Kyungsoo who always thought it’s torture. Lay laughed loudly as he felt everyone pressing against him and a few of them breathing on his neck. They slowly let go of him as they realized he needed to calm down from laughter

“Bye hyung!!” as many of them shouted and waved when he entered the car

“No guys…he hates bye….it’s see you soon” Chen argued out loud. The members agreed and changed their greeting to ‘see you soon’. Lay waved like a little kid as the car pulled out of the drive. A moment of sadness overcame him as he ached to return soon. However he’ll have to settle for reality in the meantime.