-Eight-

Dust.

Hayoung and Hoseok stood before two identical computers, both with a black command box onscreen. Namjoon walked and patted the tops of both computers, looking at the pair.

'So, the objective of this exercise is to see whos the better hacker.'

'Yeah, we know that.'

'Okay. What do we have to do, Namjoon oppa?'

'So you guys have to break through this twenty layer firewall and tell me the text that is at the end.' Namjoon stepped back and smiled, holding up a stopwatch.'

'Ready?'

'Yeah.'

'Yes, oppa.'

'Go.'

At the word, both Hayoung and Hoseok started typing furiously on the keyboard, with line after line of binary code appearing on the screens.

'The heck is that' Jungkook muttered, staring at the unintelligible lines of ones and zeroes streaking across both computers, the two competitors staring intently at the screens.

'Just let them do their work, it seems like Hayoung is giving Hoseok a run for his money, though.' Namjoon chuckled quietly, watching as Hoseok grew increasingly frustrated with how his hacking was going, letting out occasional grunts of annoyance as he failed to hack into the firewall.

'I... what the heck?' Hoseok yelled, standing up from the workstation as Hayoung continued to work next to him, letting out a little giggle.

'What happened, master hacker?' Seokjin taunted, looking up from his position on the couch in the main area.

'I got locked out of the system.' Hoseok scowled as Hayoung stood up, smiing sweetly.

'I'm done.'

'Really?'

'Yeah, I was afraid that Hoseok oppa would beat me to it, so I hacked his computer and blocked him off first.'

'Thats.. interesting.' Namjoon nodded, moving up to the computers and looking at the screen.

'So whats the text at the end?' Taehyung asked, trying to look at the screen from his position close to Hayoung. Hayoung giggled, looking over at Namjoon.

'Namjoon oppa, should I say it?'

'Well, I don't see why not?'

'Hoseok oppa is a big boasting dumdum who lost to a girl.'

'What?'

'Hoseok oppa is a-' Hayoung managed to get that far before getting cut off by peals of hysterical laughter from the men, except Hoseok himself, who snatched up the computer screen and stared at it almost a full minute before sitting down, arms crossed almost angrily.

'Lighten up, Hoseok oppa, it was just for fun!' Hayoung patted his shoulder, smiling.

'Oppa is a pretty good computer specialist too.'

'You think so?'

'Yes, oppa, but I think you're out of practice. You'll definitely beat me if you were serious about it!' Hearing what Hayoung had to say, Hoseok smiled and patted the girl's head.

'Thanks, kiddo. Go have fun with Taehyung, okay?'

'But Namjoon oppa said I have to keep practicing with the pistol now.'

'Ask Taehyung to go with you, I'll tell Namjoon you went with him for today.'

'I... thank you oppa!' Standing up, Hayoung gave Hoseok a quick bow before hurrying off in search of Taehyung,

'They look good together.' Namjoon slid next to Hoseok, chuckling.

'Should we let her stay?'

'Well, she's a good specialist, so she can stay with us, I guess. But she'll want to find her friends and family, so we'll do that first.'

 

-----

So busy nowadays ;  ;