my sunshine

Path Code
Please log in to read the full chapter
Yixing can’t breathe. It feels like his lungs are on fire, and it all hurts too much. There are bright lights in his eyes and needles in his arms, large leather straps tied around his body to the bed to keep him still. He wants to sleep. He wants to finally drift off to eternity and let the burn simmer underneath his skin instead of burning him alive. But he can’t. He knows he can’t because his power won’t let him.   “Yixing!” he hears someone shout, fear and panic clear in the person’s voice as he hears tables being overturned and other, older men and women screaming trying to gain control of the situation.   “How did you get in here?!” he hears somebody else scream and he has just enough strength to let his head fall to the side to try and see what’s going on.   His vision is blurry. He can’t even make out what these moving blobs in his vision are, but he does see someone moving closely up to him, gently turning his head back to face the bright lights before he can feel rough fingers trying to pull at the leather straps keeping him bound. He can’t tell who it is.   “Hurry up!” the same voice that called his name earlier screams, and the tugging on his binds quickens considerably. He can’t speak.   Who are you?   “Yixing,” a different voice calls him, and something is blocking his vision of the bright lights, “Yixing, come on. Stay with us.”   Only for you.   “Yixing,” the voice keeps calling out to him. And suddenly, he feels free. Free of the straps and free of the needles keeping him hooked to the laboratory table.   Something moves underneath his back and legs, lifting up until he feels his body disconnect from the table below. He feels like he’s dead weight in this person’s hold.   “Come on!” comes a shout and he feels himself being lifted into the air even more.   “Keep running,” he hears the voice from the beginning say, “When you see any type of sign I or Yifan may give you, run.”       Yixing looks up into the night sky, the clear presence of bright streetlights and smog obstructing his view of the beautiful stars yet he smiles anyways. He’s in his home country, albeit in a different region, but he’s where he’s comfortable and knows how to get around without seeming immensely lost as to where to go.   He’
Please log in to read the full chapter