Chapter Two

Love Beyond Your Pain
Please log in to read the full chapter

I finish showing my drawings to Hongbin and he stands there wide-eyed.

 I tap on Yamato and signal him to interpret. I look at him and tap his hand to get his attention. ‘I’m so sorry, they’re obviously not good enough and they don’t suit your taste at all. I’ll look for another look online I’m sorry for even showing you-.’ He lightly grabs my hands to stop me from signing and says something to Yamato while looking into my eyes. I furrow my eyebrows and look at Yamato. ‘I love them; every single one of them. They’re so beautifully detailed and emphasized. No one has ever gone to such extremes to make sure I look perfect. Thank you very much.’ I’m left shocked and I stare into his face. I shake my head quickly, ‘It’s nothing really, I just.’ ‘It’s amazing,’ he softly moves my head away from Yamato’s direction and into his. They’re beautiful. Thank you very much, Scarlett. I read his lips say. My heartbeats start to increase and I quickly tell him you’re welcome and help him pick a design for today. I get my station ready to do Hongbin’s make-up when Yamato comes and drags me to a group circle of the staff. They all look frustrated and tired.

            ‘What’s going on?’ Yamato asks everyone, also signing for me. Some guy who is red to his ears starts talking and I look at Yamato. ‘Ravi, Hyuk and Hongbin’s hairstylists all quit at once and stole the equipment for their hair and we can’t possibly find any replacements for the stylists or the equipment three hours before the show! We’re going to have to have to cancel and refund thousands of people!’ I swallow hard, feeling so bad for everyone’s hard work and effort put towards this concert. I tug on Yamato’s sleeve, our sign for him to interpret for me, and he nods confused. I look at everyone, ‘I’ll do it.’ A plump woman starts talking. ‘Aren’t you the new girl? What can you do? You aren’t even a hair stylist, you’re a make-up artist! You can’t-.’ ‘I CAN, and I WILL. What other choice do any of you have, yes I specialize in make-up, but that doesn’t mean I’m incapable of everything else. You have nothing to lose by putting your faith in me.’ An older looking man nods and speaks up. ‘She’s confident and she’s more than willing to do this on her own. I will allow it. Now how do you plan to do it?’ I look from Yamato to him and smirk slightly. ‘Have Hyuk and Ravi’s make-up done and text me so I can do everyone’s hair afterwards, in the meantime, I’ll be doing Hongbin’s make-up.’ A skinny tall woman starts talking. ‘How will you do their hair without hair supplies?’ ‘I have some in my car.’ ‘Okay we leave this in your hands Scarlett, don’t disappoint us,’ Yamato signs for the old man. I bow my head and start running towards my car.

            ‘Hairspray, straightener, bobby pins and a teasing brush; this could work,’ I sign quickly to Yamato while I give him the bag of stuff. ‘Go take that stuff to my station please; I’ll be right behind you.’ He nods and dashes inside. I look through my car for anything else I can use and I find a couple more useful items. I put them in a small plastic bag and I begin to run, but I see a guy sneaking out through the back. I speed walk to him and grab his arm. He violently turns around and I see sweat dripping down his forehead, while holding a big box of supplies. Hair supplies, I seemed to notice. ‘That belongs to the studio! I’m going to turn you in, thief!’ I kept signing to him and he just got angrier and annoyed. He put the box down and attempted to punch me. I grab his hand and bend it backwards. I see him make a mortified face, and I think it’s a scream. I might have broken his wrist. How would I know though? I’m deaf. He falls to his knees and I grab the box of hair supplies and run inside. I keep running and I turn around quickly to make sure the guy didn’t follow.

            Out of nowhere, I slip on water or something and fall. I hold the box and close my eyes to brace for impact. I fall, but not on the carpet, on something. I feel warmth in between my s through my T-shirt and it hits me. I fell on someone! I quickly get up and see that I fell on Hongbin! Oh my goodness he has a red mark on his cheekbone! His whole face is red too! I panic a little, until I remind myself that I’m the make-up artist and hairstylist right now. I need to fix this and worry about it later. I get up off his lap and hold out my hand. I jerk my head to the direction of my station and point at the watch on my hand. He nods quickly and follows me. Still holding his hand, I sit him down and get the special foundation that only he uses. I need to ask him about any allergies! I reach into my back pocket and turn my fla

Please log in to read the full chapter