Ziyucasso!

Oh! My Gosh

i.

Luhan: Seeing my friends [SM Artists] walking around, getting ready to perform on stage―it gives me nostalgic feelings, since I used to do that along with them when I was still in EXO.

Luhan: Today, Ziyu and I decided that we should surprise Sehun. He’s been coming home late for the past few weeks due to his rehearsals. He’s working really hard. Ziyu and I are very proud of him.

Luhan and Ziyu hold hands as they walk down the busy hall. Luhan bows to the staff and some of his idol friends. They soon find EXO’s dressing room and Luhan peeks to find Jongdae and Minseok by the couch, playing with their phones, Jongin sleeping, Chanyeol, Yixing and Baekhyun posting for a selca, Junmyeon admiring himself in the mirror, D.O and Zitao being fixed by the stylists―and then there’s Sehun, standing in front of the mirror, fixing his own clothes.

Luhan and Ziyu cover their faces with the EXO FIGHTING! banners they got from the staff awhile ago and enters the room. The members stop what they’re doing (in Jongin’s case, he wakes up) to see the guests. Before Luhan and Ziyu could show their faces, the members already knew their identities due to fond familiarity.

“Hyung! Ziyu!”

Shouts of happiness and recognition fill the room. Chanyeol and Jongdae immediately run over to Ziyu and whirls him in the air making Ziyu giggle.

“Yah! Be careful!” Luhan scolds. Chanyeol and Jongdae ignore him, continuing to entertain Ziyu. The members gather themselves around them, taking selcas with Luhan and Ziyu. Sehun stands back with a smile, admiring the scene.

The members greet and hug Luhan. “Long time no see, hyung!” Jongdae says. The members nod in agreement. “We missed you.”

Luhan: It's so nice seeing them again. I mean, the last time we've all gathered—including Yifan—was last year? We celebrated Ziyu's birthday along with our other friends.

“Be good, be good in your performance, uncles!” Ziyu cheers.

Chanyeol pinches Ziyu's cheek. “It's such a mini Luhan hyung!” [‘It’?]

“Yah!” Sehun calls, striding over Chanyeol who's nuzzling Ziyu.

“Appa! Appa! [save me from this giant]” Ziyu reaches his arms out, Sehun takes him and carries him. Luhan walks over to them after taking a (miraculous) selca with Baekhyun, Tao and D.O. Luhan gives Sehun a kiss on the cheek.

“You know,” Baekhyun starts. “I never expected our maknae to get married and have a child first.”

Luhan along with the members laugh as Sehun smiles smugly.

Sehun: [smirks] Well…

“We all know that Sehun’s overprotective and possessive of Luhan hyung,” Jongin says, laughing. “Maybe that’s the reason why he proposed early.”

Sehun: I’m not going to argue with that.

Chanyeol: I remember one time in a radio show, Luhan hyung chose me as his partner…Sehun got so mad at me. I asked him, ‘Why are you mad at me? Why aren’t you mad at Luhan hyung?’ and he looked at me like I committed murder. He just simply told me, ‘How dare you?’ and walked away. He got so mad that he even went as far as to sabotage my shampoo. It was horrible and cute at the same time.

Staff: So how did you two make up?

Chanyeol: Oh, Sehun just came up to me and asked me to buy him bubble tea the week after the incident. Completely normal.

Sehun: Ah, I remember that time.

Sehun: Good times, good times…

Chanyeol: It wasn’t a good time for me.

“Remember whenever EXO-M promotes in China?” Suho adds. The members simultaneously roll their eyes and groan, remembering the not-so-fond memories. Sehun covers his face by lifting Ziyu higher, hiding behind his son. [Being attacked]

“What happened?” Luhan asks, laughing with curiousity.

The members look at him in disbelief. “Sehun would whine” Suho informs with much emphasis. “Like―WHINE. He’d go around each member disturbing them―” The members nod and hum in agreement. “Telling about how much he misses Luhan hyung.”

Jongin: I had it worse than all of them.

Jongin: I, as Sehun’s best friend in the group, it was my duty to lend him my shoulder whenever he’s sad or worried about something.

Jongin: Back in 2012, the first time EXO-K and EXO-M separated ways in order to promote, Sehun was extremely down―so me, being the good friend that I was, listened to him genuinely. I thought, ‘Ah, Sehun will get used to this someday. It’s only a matter of time he’ll stop being like this.’

Jongin: He was like, ‘Luhan hyung this, Luhan hyung that’ and so on. It was never ending.

Jongin: Junmyeon hyung would buy him bubble tea every day, D.O hyung would cook him his favorite dishes, I would play video games with him, Baekhyun hyung would plan pranks with him to lift his mood up, Chanyeol hyung would fix the wifi signal for him just so he could video chat smoothly with Luhan hyung.

Jongin: But he never stopped whining.

Sehun: If you think about it, it’s really funny. I find it funny, too, but to some extent, I find it kind of sad as well, thinking about the past.

Sehun: I would go around disturbing my hyungs, either sadly or excitedly because as days pass by, the closer I would get to see Luhan. Of course, I was giddy because I got to date a really gorgeous and amazing person.

Sehun: But when Luhan decided to leave EXO because of his health―that was the hardest time for me. It kind of put a huge setback for our relationship, since both of us were individually busy. I didn’t talk to anyone for a week back then.

Luhan laughs, snaking his arm around Sehun’s waist. “You didn’t tell me you were like that back then,”

Sehun frowns. “Because it would boost your ego?”

The members laugh and Luhan chuckles as he touches Sehun’s chin fondly. Sehun can only roll his eyes.

The staff members come into view and signal them that it's about time to go on stage. The members bid their goodbyes to Luhan and Ziyu. They linger as they continuously wave goodbye to the both of them.

“Do your best!” Ziyu reminds them one last time.

 “Yes, we'll do our best, Ziyu!” Minseok nods along with Yixing. The members 'aww's around Ziyu.

 “Hwaiting!” Luhan and Ziyu cheer.

Sehun walks over them and smiles. He kisses his husband and son on the cheeks.

“Appa, hwaiting!” Ziyu says, squishing Sehun's cheeks. Luhan chuckles, “Goodluck, okay? Don't get injured.”

“Okay, okay~ byebye!” Sehun waves. He then sends flying kisses to the both of them.

“Byebye~”

“Byebye, Appa!”

Sehun: It touched my heart—them visiting me. It—it really motivated me to do my best.

**

Luhan, carrying Ziyu, stands near the stage, cheering for the members. Ziyu hums along to his Appa's songs, his eyes following Sehun as he dance and sings on stage.

Luhan kisses Ziyu's soft cheeks, and Ziyu cuddles himself more to his Baba. Ziyu then waves his glowstick and cheers for Sehun as he starts singing his line.

Luhan cheers with all his heart, too. He looks around and glowsticks and banners sway in the air; fans screaming, chanting the members’ name, singing along to the songs. Luhan knows how hard EXO is working and how genuine and passionate they are with the job they’re doing―for themselves, for their friends, for their families and of course, for their fans.

Luhan: I really felt nostalgic. It reminded me of the old days. I feel kind of sad and happy? I really don't know.

Ziyu squishes Luhan's cheek and kisses him as an effort to catch Luhan’s attention.

Luhan: Ziyu is here with me—with us, supporting Sehun. It really overwhelms me.

Sehun's solo stage starts, and Luhan and Ziyu scream on the top of their lungs. The fans chant Sehun's name along with them as the spotlight went on Sehun.

Luhan: Sehun never fails to amaze me. We’ve been together for so long and yet whenever I see him on stage it feels like I’m falling all over again.

Luhan: That’s too cheesy. I’m so sorry.

Sehun starts dancing and the fans go crazy. Luhan, along with Ziyu move to the beat. Luhan knows that dance routine all too well as fancams of the routine are all over the internet.

The routine continues and at a one particular part when the beat drops, fans start to go even crazier as they know what’s going to happen next.

Luhan, included too, of course.

“Oh no, it’s here. It’s coming.”

 When Sehun starts to do the hipthrust move, Luhan covers Ziyu's eyes.

***

[After the show, Baba Luhan and Baby Ziyu wait for Appa Sehun inside the car.]

Luhan secures the seatbelt around Ziyu and gives him his favorite small hotdog pillow.

“Did you enjoy the show, Ziyu?” Luhan asks.

“The uncles and Appa were amazing, Baba!”

Luhan laughs. “Yeah, they are. Do you want to be like them when you grow up?”

Ziyu nods as he fondles with his pillow.

“What position would you want, Ziyu?” Luhan prompts, “Does Ziyu want to be a vocal, rapper or dancer?”

Ziyu scratches his chin, his big eyes squinting as he ponders Luhan’s question deliberately.

“I want to dance like Appa and Baba,” Ziyu says and then pauses. He looks up to his Baba who’s staring at him with full anticipation for his answer.

Luhan: Honestly? I want Ziyu to choose whatever his 6 year old heart tells him. Sehun and I will support him with whatever he wants.

“I want to be a vocal like Baba!” Ziyu finally decides.

Luhan claps happily. He smiles so wide, the corners of his mouth reach his ears.


BEFORE:

“Ziyu, do you want to be a rapper like Appa?” Sehun asks, grinning.

Ziyu nods enthusiastically. “Appa is so cool! Ziyu wants to be like Appa!”


Sehun enters the car, looking exhausted and delighted as he sees his family waiting for him. He gestures Luhan to make more space for him as he tries to reduce his exhaustion with long consecutive sighs. Sehun kisses Luhan on the cheek and leans over to reach Ziyu to kiss him as well.

“Did you have fun?” Luhan asks, massaging his husband’s forehead.

Sehun nods. “Yeah, I did. I’m glad both of you came.”

Luhan smiles and then says, “Oh and did you know? Ziyu told me he wants to be a vocal.”

Sehun sits upright and eyes Ziyu. “But he told me he wanted to rap?”

Ziyu covers his face with his pillow and smiles embarrassingly before his parents can catch him. [Pretends to sleep]

Their driver starts the engine and the Oh family went back to their apartment with tired but joyous smiles on their faces.

 

ii.

Luhan wakes up earlier than his husband and son. He yawns quietly as he rubs his eyes. He then carefully tiptoes to the curtains as he draws them close, so no sunlight will disturb the sleep of his two angels.

Luhan decides that today should be a lazy day as he goes back to bed along with his smartphone that he took from his desk earlier. He comforts himself under the confines of the one big blanket the three of them share and starts to surf the internet.

Minutes later, he hears Sehun’s side of the bed shuffle.

“Mornin’” Sehun mumbles as he looks up at Luhan sleepily.

Luhan turns to him and smiles. “Morning to you, too,”

Sehun sits up, careful to not wake up their son. But eventually, Ziyu stirs, opening his eyes slowly. Ziyu rubs his eyes with the heel of his palm and lazily sits up.

“Ziyu, baby, you could go back to sleep if you want,” Luhan says, putting down his smart phone.

Ziyu shakes his head. His hair sticks to different directions and some of dried drool coated his chin. Luhan laugh softly and gets the conveniently placed handkerchief on the small table beside their bed and cleans Ziyu’s chin.

As Luhan cleans his son, Sehun fixes Ziyu’s hair by combing it with his hands. All the while, Ziyu sits there blinking sleepily, hugging his Winnie the Pooh stuffed toy his Uncle Yifan and Zitao bought for him last year for his birthday.

“Morning, kiddo,” Sehun and Luhan greet, both placing a chaste kiss on Ziyu’s forehead.

Ziyu, not wanting to fall asleep again, stretches his limbs and yawns loudly. “Morning Appa, Morning Baba,”

“Ziyu, what do you want to do today?” Luhan asks. Both he and Sehun have their dayoff today, anyway.

Ziyu thinks for awhile, looking around the room as he looks for an idea. His eyes then lands on the vase he and Sehun painted and then to the Winnie the Pooh stuffed toy.

“Baba, Appa, I want to take art lessons,” Ziyu decides.

Luhan and Sehun raise their eyebrows. “You want to take art lessons, Ziyu?” Sehun asks.

“I want to take art lessons!” Ziyu says with much conviction and in a less sleepier manner. He then lifts his stuffed toy. “From Uncle Yifan! He’s really nice to me.”

Sehun and Luhan stare at each other for a moment and the next thing they know both of them are trying their best to stop their laughter.

Luhan: [sighs] Yifan…

Sehun: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA [shamelessly laughs]

Sehun: We love you, Yifan hyung.

Luhan: We love you, Yifan.

Luhan: God, I hope he doesn’t watch the broadcast.

“You want to take art lessons from Uncle Yifan, baby?” Luhan asks, smiling.

Ziyu nods seriously. “I like Uncle Yifan’s drawings.”

“Alright, baby,” Luhan then eyes his husband who’s silently laughing.

“I’m sorry―I’m so sorry,” Sehun wheezes for air.

Luhan: I don’t think he is.

 

“Zitao?” Sehun calls Zitao because well―Zitao and Yifan practically live together, and since Yifan wasn’t picking up, he decides that it’s a good idea to call Zitao instead.

“What.”

“Is Kris hyung there?” Sehun asks. Luhan places the pancakes on the table. He places the phone between his ear and shoulder and gets himself and Ziyu a pancake.

Luhan sits down and pours the right amount of syrup on Sehun and Ziyu’s plate, as he listens to Zitao’s voice over the loudspeaker.

“Yeah, he’s asleep. Why?”

“Uncle Zitao!” Ziyu calls.

“Is that Ziyu?” Zitao asks excitedly.

“Of course it’s Ziyu, he’s the only son we have.” Sehun replies sarcastically.

“Jeez…” Zitao mumbles. Both Luhan and Sehun could practically hear Zitao roll his eyes on the other line.

“Hi, Ziyu! I miss you so, so, so much!” Zitao continues. “Do you miss Uncle Zitao?”

“I miss uncle Zitao!” Ziyu answers enthusiastically.

“Yaaaaay!”

“Yaaaaaay!”

Luhan chuckles. “Okay, Zitao, can you please call Yifan? We need to talk to him.”

“Kaykay,” the couple hears Zitao shuffle as he stand up to call Yifan.

“Hyung, wake up!” Zitao yells. “Wake up!”

“Why?” Yifan answers groggily.

“Sehun and Luhan hyung wants to talk to you,”

Yifan takes the phone and greets with a croaky voice, “Hello?”

“Kris hyung, are you available today?” Sehun asks, munching the pancake Luhan fed him.

“Yeah, why?”

“Ziyu wants to hang out with you,” Sehun says. “He said he wants to learn art from you.”

Yifan sits up, uncharacteristically too enthusiastic for his (ruined) cold city guy image. “Really?!?”

“Why doesn’t Ziyu want to hang out with me?” Zitao yells for the family on the other line could hear him.

“Zitao could come along,” Luhan insists.

“We’ll be there, we’ll be there,” Yifan assures them as Zitao cheers in the background.

“Uncle Yifan, I miiiish you!” Ziyu says as he chews a small piece of pancake.

“I miss you, too, Ziyu! We’ll be there in a moment, okay?”

 

Yifan and Zitao came over with gifts. Ziyu happily runs to his uncles and hugs them.

Luhan and Sehun also hug Yifan and Zitao, inviting them to come over.

“Ziyu, we bought you art materials!” Yifan says too excitedly.

“Ziyu, I bought you a new stuffed toy!” Zitao says.

Ziyu accepts all of it happily. He then leads both of his uncles to the living room and asks them to sit down. [Big boy Ziyu taking care of his guests]

Sehun sits with them on the floor, while Luhan prepares tea for them. Earlier, Sehun had cleared out the coffee table that resides in the middle of their living room in order for Ziyu to work on his art properly.

Minutes later, Luhan, Sehun and Zitao converse themselves with different topics while Yifan and Ziyu draw different things together.

“Ziyu, why don’t you try drawing animals?” Yifan suggests.

Ziyu nods. “Okay, I’m gonna draw…hmm…I’m gonna draw a monkey!”

“Okay, then I’ll draw a monkey, too.” Then both of them quietly draws, their pencils audibly scratching against paper as they try their best to draw the animal.

“Okay, whoever draws the better monkey gets a kiss from me!” Zitao says. Luhan and Sehun shake their heads.

“Omo! Ziyu is doing so well!” Luhan says as he watches his son draw. Ziyu huffs with pride.

Sehun laughs and takes out his phone to video the happening. A minute later, Yifan and Ziyu hold up their drawings and without missing a beat, Zitao chooses―

“Ziyu!” Zitao cheers. “Your drawing is so good!” Zitao then leans and kisses Ziyu on the cheek. “Yaaaay!”

“You didn’t even look at my drawing!” Yifan grumbles [Cold city guy giant suddenly feeling competitive]

[Move over Yifan, Ziyu is the new Picasso.]

Zitao rolls his eyes and laughs along with Sehun and Luhan. Ziyu walks over to Yifan and kisses him on the cheek. “It’s okay, Uncle Yifan, you’re still my mentor.”

Yifan smiles as his lowered pride was restored to his usual pride as a self-proclaimed artist and hugs Ziyu. “Ziyu, you’re such an angel,” he then mumbles, “unlike your Uncle Zitao and Appa!”

“Hey!” Zitao and Sehun call out as Luhan laughs along with Yifan.

“Why am I included?” Sehun frowns.

“You think I forgot? You would always hold up my drawings out in the air back then in the dorms and mockingly laugh at me!”

Sehun: HAHAHAHAHAHA―[turns to the staff] I need water. Please.

Moments later, Yifan and Ziyu go back to drawing. Luhan stands up and walks to the kitchen to heat up some pizza leftovers for Zitao and Yifan.

“You know,” Luhan starts. Sehun and Zitao nod their heads in agreement, “I didn’t know that Yifanis good with kids.”

Yifan: Seriously? I am honestly offended. Have they seen my first movie? I acted as a great single dad there. It took some great internalization there. How could they think that I’m not good with kids?

Both Yifan and Ziyu continue to do art together while Sehun, Luhan and Zitao amuse themselves by googling themselves (also, occasionally fondly looking over to Yifan and Ziyu who are enjoying their time together.)

When it’s sunset already, they decided to call it a day after Yifan and Ziyu created enough drawings for an art gallery. Before Yifan and Zitao could leave the apartment, the Oh family thanked them and asked them to come over again as Yifan promised Ziyu to teach him paint the next time.

“Byebye, Uncles~ Thank you so much!” Ziyu hugs Yifan and Zitao.

Ziyu, Luhan and Sehun wave goodbye to them as they exit the apartment. The family then goes back to the living room to clean the mess up. After finishing, Luhan cooks dinner for them.

As the three of them sit down all together, Ziyu begins, “Baba, Appa,” Ziyu wipes his mouth with a tissue and makes a humming sound, thinking, “If Uncle Yifan calls himself Kriscasso, does that mean I’m Ziyucasso?”


Next episode preview:

i.

“Call me baby, call me baby~” Ziyu sings.

“But Ziyu, don’t we already call you that?” Luhan says, laughing rather loudly at his own joke.

Sehun and Ziyu close their eyes and turn away from Luhan. A moment of silence.

ii.

[Ziyu and Appa Sehun go to the gym!]

 

a/n: sorry it took so long to update ;-; (again this is v unedited) AAAHHH thank you so so much for your upvotes, subscribes, and comments!! i love you all :D hehe oh and i'm writing a new story and i'll probably post it in about 2 weeks? here's a preview~

title: consonants and vowels

pairing: hunhan

genre: fluff, angst, drama

rating: nc-17

summary: 

With the help of soju, laundry powders and instant ramen, frustrated writer slash high school Literature teacher Oh Sehun found his muse: a chocolate haired stranger who apparently turned out to be an idol singing about wolves and an actor acting for medical and criminal dramas.

 

C H A P T E R  I

Sehun woke up with three things on his mind: 1) he should buy thicker curtains to block out the sunlight that seeps through his window, 2) maybe he shouldn’t because he’s partly grateful for the blinding light waking him up (damn his ing alarm clock.), and 3) he should really buy his dog, Max, his own bed.

Sehun sat up forcefully, his back achingly sore―and Max wasn’t helping since he took comfort on making Sehun’s lap his bed. Apparently, he slept with his back leaned onto the side of the bed as he sat on the floor, surrounded by shameful drafts of his supposed upcoming and non-anticipated novel. He looked around and not only papers surrounded him, but empty soju bottles as well. He must’ve passed out drunk last night since he couldn’t remember himself sleeping while sitting on the floor. (Sehun was a normal person―he usually slept on the bed.) He reached his hand out to his temples to massage it, and instead of doing so, he hurt the corners of his eyes as hit the black rimmed eyeglasses he fell asleep wearing.

Drinking alcohol the night before his first teaching job wasn’t probably a good idea.