Entry II

Close To Paradise
entrytwo
    i've been watching you....-chanyeol park    

// baekhyun //

 

I can’t believe it! Two of the most nicest and most popular seniors in high school

talked to me today! One of them even knew my name! I wish I could more ‘outgoing’

like they are...but I highly doubt that...       

 

      My fingers started to punch in the keyboard, transferring it to the screen. I still couldn’t believe that Chanyeol, the most popular senior in Wagu High School, actually knew my full name. It kind of felt like a new world. I immediately released the blogpost out and walked into the cabinet to retrieve a package of marshmallows. Beep. The sound of my laptop alerted me and I walked back to see to a familiar icon.

 

______

Go for it! I think this might me a big opportunity for you! Just a bit of bravery

might change your whole world!

 

- Golden Puppy -

______

 

      What? I re-read the comment over again. “A little bravery can change my world huh?” I stuffed the powder-coated treat in my mouth, chewing on it’s inner shell to his gooey extract in the middle. How can I do that? Even if I try, I’m still going to be invisible…

 

 

      “WHAT!?” Everyone all whined in sync as of what Professor Jong Suk announced. “That’s right, don’t complain! Due that no one didn’t confess on who did the ‘library’ incident,” He was about to finish his speech until a murmur of laughter came upon some students. “after class, we’re a having a mandatory school clean up! Do I make myself clear?!” He smashed the ruler against the chalkboard that had, “MANDATORY CLEAN UP”, written in white chalk. “Yes, Mr. Jong Suk.” All the students moaned in despair. “Okay. I want all to make groups of three to four students.” Ugh! No not this! I didn’t really mind about the mandatory school clean up, it was just whenever we have to get into groups, I’m always the last one to be pick and Mr. Jong Suk has to put me into a group. What should I do? I felt myself almost falling into the darkness until I finally realized something. Could this be my big opportunity? Will the world really change if I’m brave….just like what Golden Puppy said? “Teacher! We made our group!” A male screeched across the room. “Well let’s see….Huang Zitao, Kris Wu, and Kim Jongin?” The professor announced the boys names and they all nodded as he announced their names. I want to. I want to change it….I want to change my world just like what Golden Puppy said! I clasped my sweaty palms on the wooden desk and stood up, with trembling legs. “Ex-EXCUSE ME!”

 

       “Aw, dude! I can’t believe we got the gym lockers! It’s reeks in here!” Kris pinched the bridges of his nose, closing in all the scent of moldy socks and body fluids, that was fumigating the room. “Tao, you always lose at rock-paper-scissors so why the bloody hell you did it?!” Kai slapped the back of the panda’s head, making him whine. “I said I’m sorry plus I thought I could win!” Tao rubbed the back of his bruised and was later grabbed by the collar thanks to Kris. “Well does it look like you won, Tao, does it?” Kris gestured to the area. The reason why Kris and Kai were ticked off with Tao was that he and some girl was battling out who was going to get the gym lockers but unfortunately the girl threw down a rock as Tao plunged a scissor. So we...well I have to clean this section of the high school. I dumped the rag into the soap-filled water, smacking it back on the dirt encrusted floor boards. “Hey! You don’t have to it too well Beakbeom!” Kai yelped at me, making me twitching vigorously. “Oh no! Since I force you guys to let me in your group I just thought I should do the majority of the work! Plus it’s Baekhyun by the way…” I rammed my words without a single breathe and gasp for air once I was done. The room went quiet and the groups of males stared at me. “So you want to be like...a slave?” I blinked at what Kris asked. “You’re kind of weird Beakbeom.” Kai laughed softly as so the others.

 

       “You were about to cry when you asked to join us before. You worried me!” Kris rubbed the back of his neck with embarrassment written all over his face. “What’s the matter? You look like you're about to cry.” Tao questioned me and I shooked my head. “I’m okay! I reply to them. “Hey, why don’t we help him out? We’ll be right back!” Kai comment to me and the trio walked out the room. Did I just have...a normal conversation? It’s was just like what Golden Puppy said! My world really may have changed! What should I do? Should I talk with them when we’re done? If this goes well, I might able to make my friends! I squeeze the rag, tightly in excitement until SLAM! The clash metal banging on metal pierce through my ear canal. “Huh? Why did you close it, Kris-hyung?” Tao’s voice came from the other side. “The teachers said we can stop now.” Kris’s voice then appeared. “Wasn’t that guy inside...Beakseom?” Kai’s voice sounded worried about me. “I bet he went home already.” WHAT?! I dashed my way to the door handle but it wouldn’t move a inch.

       “I’m still in here! Guys!” I frantically shooked the handle but I could hear the clopping their feet, dragging on the marvel floors. “I wonder if Beakseom prefers to be alone?” Kai’s voice gotten softer as they were walking from the distance. “NO THAT’S NOT TRUE!” I banged my fist on the metal doors in panic mode. “He might not want us to bother him anyway…” Tao announced and I felt some tears rolling off my face. “NOOOO!” Screaming like a wolf howling for it’s pack but the door on the other side shut closed and I stood there in total shock by what happened. My knees starts to shaked and I lost control of my legs, going down on my knees. Why didn’t they hear me? I went into the dark corner, holding my legs up to my chest. The silence was soon dead and the whole world went on mute. Now that I think about it...When I was five years old, I remembered I use to play hide-and-seek with the kids in my street and waited...waited for someone to find me. But nobody found me, no matter how long I’ve waited so I ended up going home, with a river of tears falling off my face. This is just...like that time. Who would search for someone they don’t even know? I ran my fingers through my tousled hair, still trying to get what just happened just now. Nobody’s ever going to find me. I know it! One teardrop after another started to fall on the wooden floor, forming into a puddle. I’m so lonely...somebody...ANYBODY! “I just want someone to...notice me!” I sniffed my running nose and wailed out, crying until someone I couldn’t even imagine came to my rescue.

 

...10 minutes earlier....

// chanyeol //

 

      “Great work you guys! That’s all for now! Class dismissed!” Our gym teacher clapped his hands thrice, alerting that we’re release from all the hard work we did. I gasped for air after that we did Gods knows how many laps around the field and sat down on the cold, refreshing grass. “Chanyeol-oppa!” A heard a voice from distance and I looked back to see a group of girls, running to me with big smiles plastered all over their faces. “You did a great job Chanyeollie!" A girl then ran her manicured fingers in my sweat, dampened hair. "Oh you're burning! I have a water bottle if you like to drink some!" She furiously digged into her bag and retrieve a water. "Uh..It ok-"

 

"No oppa! Have my water!"

 

"No mine's"

 

"Pick me!"

 

       Everyone of my track team member glanced at me, swarmed by girls that were shoving their fluids of water at me. "I'm okay! I'm just going to get my water bottle. But thanks you guys!" I gave them a warm-hearted smile, gaining a few sqeauls from the girl and walked into the vacant building. "Wow! They really care about me!" I sighed, rubbing the back of neck, as I twisted the lock's code and it clicked open. "Chanyeol~!" I knew that voice from anywhere. It's no other than Kim Taeyeon. I turned my body to see a girl, directly next to me. She a dark brown hair that was tied up in pigtails while her bang covered half of her hazel eyes. The her face glowed with such beauty can make about every guy's heart her. Some people believed that I'm the 'lucky' to have her wrapped around my fingers but they really know the side I see when I look at her.

 

       "Aww! My Chanyeol has been working extra hard hasn't he?" Fluttering her fake eyelashes at me, Taeyeon then looped her arm on my neck, pulling my face down to her's. I flinched by her breath brushing against my moist lips."Taeyeon, what are you doing here? You could get cau-" I was in the middle of my speech until a index finger laid upon my lips. "Is Chanyeollie trying to protect noona?"

"Taeyeon, you can go to detention for this!"

"I don't mind."

       "You need to get out! I don't want you into trouble because of me, okay?" The room was silence for a minute until Taeyeon slipped a soft chuckle in the air. "Not until I get my goodbye kiss." Her lips then moved to mine's and I jerked my head away but her grib was stronger than I expected."Chanyeol come on...stop being assertive." She whispered in the room and she lips swiftly touched my lower lip.  "T-Taeyeon..." I groaned as wished for someone to come until I heard the sound of snecker streaking against the floor. "Chanyeol?" It's Mr. Seo In Guk, the coach of the track team. If I was caught with Taeyeon in the boys wash room, I would be skinned alive. Taeyeon turned her head in the direction the voice came from giving me time to dashed around corner. I sprinted as much as my legs can handle and collapsed on my knees to the cold floor. "That was....a close one." I heavily breathe in the cold air and droplets of salt water falled on the floor.

       This always happens every day! I must confess, of course I had liking towards Taeyeon when I was freshman but once I first exchange a simple to her she came my number one stalker. Every time I turn my head, she's always there. In the lunch room. In my classes. I even caught here in boy's restroom and she wouldn't leave unless I showed up. I sighed until I heard a faint whimper in the hallways. "No...one will ever...find me..." I got up on my feet and slowly trailed towards the end of the hallway. "I'm so...lonely..." The voice was more audible to anzyle it was coming from the closed gym locker. My feet trugde their way to the front of the door. "I just want someone...anyone...to-" I fisted my fingers on the bar and unlocked the entrance to see Baekhyun, hugging his legs to his chest, rivers of tears flowing like a waterdam as looked at with those beautiful brown eyes his. "Baekhyun are you okay?" I walked closer to the sobbing boy who was still trying to realise who I was. "Chanyeol...hyung?" Before I could react, I was then pushing on the floor and a pair of arms coiled around my waist. "I didn't think...t-the door would open....I didn't think nobody...would come for me. T-thank you..." Baekhyun choked on his words as he drenched my jersey with his teardrops. "Thank you...for finding me." I think it time for me...to tell him...

 

// baekhyun //

 

       "...for finding me..." I clinched a fist full of Chanyeol's sweat drenched jersey and drained my tears on his shoulder.  It felt so warm and comfy until I realized what I was actually doing. "I-I'm sorry...I shouldn't be d-doing this..." I pushed away the giant and as I was about to flee out the door, a giant hand clasped with my palm and Chanyeol gave me that beautiful, warm-hearted smile. I could feel my heart pounding against my throat uncontrollably that I would expect to pop out out me any second now. "I've...been watching you." Huh? I cocked a confused eyebrow at the latter "I've been watch you for such a long time, Baekhyun." I felt the whole atmosphere became brighter as if a light source withered it's way to us. I hadn't expected my life to change this much! The only we just did was stared into each other eyes. What? Chanyeol has been watching...me? Chanyeol blinked several times and shooked his head vigorously, making all the water droplet, sprinkled out of his raven-colored hair. "I'm sorry. I guess this wasn't the best time to tell you...but..." I looked at his head, who was digging into his sweatpants to release a teal-striped hanky and dabbed the falling droplets off my face. "I wanted you to know...that I know your existence..." I felted my cheeks starting to burning up as I felt his fingers lightly caressing my face with the soft material. He later hold my trembling hand and plopped the hankerchief in my palm. "You can borrow it..."

.

.

.

       "After you..." Chanyeol open the door, letting me go though and I stared up at the beautiful scernery painted across the atmosphere. "Wah! It so...wow..." Chanyeol was also dazed at the mixture of hot pink dissolving to a peachy orange color with hints of white and purple in the concotion. "It getting quite late. Hey, Baekhyun, I should walk you home..." Chanyeol looked at and I shooked my violently. "N-no! I've p-put you in so much trouble...I'll go home b-by myself." I could see Chanyeol's lips open but I couldn't hear what the giant was saying as sprinted off into the pathway. My mind was still trumbled with the words: 'I've been watching you, Baekhyun.'. What does he mean by that? I clinched on the fabric that was covering my heart and started to pant for air as I dashed my way home, leaving Chanyeol behind.

.

.

.

       "I stay up all night playing video games!" Tao slumped on Kai's shoulders and battered his eyes. "Tao! Don't say that loudly! What would the girls think about you?" Kris complained to the tired junior. "I don't even care anymore! I just wish class could just end!" I looked at the male to see him fall to my direction and plopped on lap, making me tensed. "Why is chair so...lumpy?!" Tao twisted his head and was later wailing on the floor."BEAKSEON?!"

"It's Baekhyun..."

       "IF YOUR SAY SOMETHING! GOD I ALMOST WAS ABOUT TO SLAP YOU!" Tao screamed at me and I nodded slowly, feeling scared than I imagine. "Yeah you always appear out no where!" Kai contributed into the agreement. "And you left without saying anything!" Kris also entered in the conversation, making me think of yesterday. "What? About that, I was still in-" I tried to lifted my voice up but Kris just snapped his head at the other two. "Which reminds me, karoake was so much fun, wasn't it you guys?" Kris spread a bright smile and Tao nodded. "Oh my god! And those girls! I would have asked each and everyone of them out!" Kai dozed off in his fairytale dream as they all walked out of the class, leaving still dumbfounded by what just happened. It's better to just forget...I sighed and laid my head on the glossy desk, tracing the stray fellow ex-student carved on the wood with my pointing finger. "Hey Chanyeol, Suho!" A few classmate squealed like pigs making me jerk my head to the door, where the gorgeous males were posing. Chanyeol and Suho all greeted the swarming crowd of classmates then Chanyeol's brown eyes clashed into mine's. Smiling he waved a large hand up in the air and singsonged "Good morning~!" acrossed the class. I felt myself starting to turn red and quickly snapped my head toward the open window, so the cool air could cool down my flushed cheeks. My heart was banging up against my neck, wanting to exit out of my body to know that someone is actually knows my exitince. There's someone in the class, in this school actually know the real me. I felted a tear crawling out and rubs my eyes with the back of hands, making them dampted

 

"This makes my really...happy..."

 

AUTHOR'S NOTESFinally chapter 2 finished! Plus does anyone love the new poster and background?! I just love it so much! Anyway Entry 3 on it way so don't miss out!