Entry I

Close To Paradise

 

entryone
   "THE FOXGLOVE & THE SUN"  

Everyone is like a flower. They start out as a seed and bloomed into something magnificent so mostly the world consist with multiple flowers with multiple personalities. You have the warm-hearted people like the sunflower or the romantic and lust-filled person like the radiant rose. You have the inspirational people like the iris flower or the solitude like a soldier - like the fearless heather. But what am I? Well I'm...the unique digitalis. I know that sounds like a weird name for a flower but the meaning of is something that I hold deep inside for such a long time….

// baekhyun //

    

      

       Springtime came upon the citizens of Seoul. The birds coming back from their vacation, greeting everyone with the sweet melody they echo in the light blue sky. Everything is just perfect...I guess. I thought about the breathe-taking aura as I opened the door to Class 3-4. My fellow classmates seem to have been immersed with their conversations, not knowing that I arrived, as usual. “Did you watch the first episode of ‘Blood’ last night?” I traced the sound of the person and discover that there were three and one was sitting on top of my assigned desk. “Totally! Ahn Jae Hyun was so cute as a vampire so that why I couldn’t do any of my homework!” One of the three girl with blonde hair explained her explanation to her friend.  I sighed and walked directly to them and opened my lips to notify that they were sitting my seat. “Um...Excuse-” I spoked but I can tell that none of them could heard me. “Wait! Whose seat is this anyway?” The female who was sitting on my desk ask one of her allies. “Who’s knows? There not here anyway, so it’s fine!” Like as if I weren’t here, they went back their conversation. “Anyways, about that…”

“Huh? Behind you…”

       “Eh…?” The girl finally notice my existence and shriek as a reply, jumping off my desk like a kangaroo. “WHOA! HOW DID YOU G-GET THERE?!” She wailed at me, trying to get this situation through her head as I was also terrified as well. “ U-Um… I need to put my s-stuff down…” I twitched a little each time I stuttered upon my words. “If you’re here, say so!” She yelled back at me, making me tremble more like a chihuahua. “This seat is Baehkeom’s seat?” One of short, blonde girl looked at her friend who had the same scared looked painted on her. “Umm, you can use it if you want to… Plus my name isn’t Baehkeom.” I gestured them back to my desk they were using but they were half way to the door. “What?! Oh No, it’s okay. Sorry about that...” Then they walked out the class, leaving me still terrified by what just happened. ‘I should probably apologise to them for you know, for scaring them like that...’ I thought to myself and walked to the door, but I could hear the girls discussion from the thin doorwall. “Hey, I didn’t realized he was here!” Girl #1 spoked with the other two.

“Me too! I was really surprised!”

       “That guy...hmm...his name is Beaktomn, right?” Girl #3 questioned them. “I don’t know but he really is like a shadow!” I felted my body temperature went down that my spine shivered once I sat down in my seat, that was near the corner. Now to make things clear, my name is not Baektomn nor Baehkeom. It’s Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun to be correct and I’m basically invisible. I’m not noticeable. Overall, no one cares about my existence. No one knew my name or face since elementary school. So in high school, I wanted to change. But…

Sophomore Year

       ‘I’ll make 3 friends!’ I thought to myself as I waited for the walking light to turn green until an eerie whine came upon. I looked down to see a baby kitten scattering to road of traffic. “Ah...Mr.Cat!” Dashing into the street, I waved my hands, frantically at the car, vrooming into me. “Please Stop! The cat is crossing!” That was the first time I ever yelled at anything or anyone but they halted. “Good.” The kitten smiled at me and I gave a smile back in return. “Well I’m glad you're alright! I was worry that you might-” HONK! HONK!  It was too late to react and my body fling across the street due to a school bus, leaving me unconscious. Due to that incident, I missed school for 5 months. But when I went back I kind of expected some people to worry about me but sadly the conclusion was a myth. All the cliques and groups were formed already which left me alone for the rest of my sophomore year.

       It was not like anyone was doing it on purpose. But luckily I wasn’t teased for having no allies, so I was okay yet…. “Look those two are here!” My classmates all charged to the glass windows like they always do because of two certain people. Senior’s Park Chanyeol and Kim Joon Myeon ; Suho for short, aka the most popular and well known student in Wagu High School. “Eh?” Chanyeol yelled back the girl. “The teacher is gonna come!” Another girl yelled out the window to the hyungs. “Suho, it’s because of you overslept!” Chanyeol barked at Suho. “We’ll make it!” Suho growled back to him, followed by a yawn. “Both of you, run!” Everyone then chanted. “Okay Suho! LET’S RACE!” Before Suho could reply, Chanyeol then dashed his way to the entrance and all the classmates then evacuate into the hallways. “GO CHANYEOL OPPA~! GO SUHO OPPA~!” The cries of the girls and guys shrieked through my ears and after two minutes, Chanyeol was the first to get in the classroom. He gave his trademark smile then somehow the classroom felt so warm and comforting. To me, Suho and Chanyeol, are just like two bright suns. I can feel my cheeks turning red but only to make it worse, Chanyeol then turn to my direction and I then gasped, glancing down on my notebook. ‘I just met….his eyes’ His eyes were the most beautiful light brown I had ever seen, they had some hints of deep brown in them. I felt as if I could just melt in them. As I was thinking to myself, my heart started to race like a jackrabbit. “Out of those two, who do you think is going to win the popularity contest?”

 

“IT’S DEFINITELY SUHO!”

 

“His face is just like a model’s!”

 

“He’s a son of a company’s CEO!”

 

“And he funny too!”

 

“Anyways, Chanyeol is a bit too serious!”

 

“WHAT? IT’S SO CHANYEOL!”

 

“Yeah! Suho is only good for his face”

 

“Chanyeol holds the top scores in tests”

 

“He won cross country track state championship every year!”

 

“And he’s really nice!”

 

       Everyone in the class (but me) started to joined the altercation between the seniors. They have been doing this ‘contest’ for more than a semester now! “Hmm...but were missing one vote for this class.” A girl with red pigtails spoked across the class. “WHAT? I wonder who. Didn’t we give EVERYONE a vote form?” That when it clicked to me. ‘That’s me! I wasn’t given one! Would it be weird if I said it was me? But...I’m a part of this class, right?’ A billion of question jumbled though my head. If I do this, I might have an opportunity to make friends! I….I want to take part in it too! I slowly lifted myself out the chair and opened my mouth.”Ex...Excuse me but-”

 

       “OH WELL~! Suho! Chanyeol! All the students in the school did a popularity contest but you guys tied!” Everyone clasped their hands together! “WHAT? REALLY?” Suho whined about the scores, making a few girls and guys laugh him. “It’s okay~! You still number one in my heart!” Everyone all giggled and started to make discussions with the beautiful males. I sighed in misery and slumped back into my corner, staring out the window of spring blooming. ‘I couldn’t say it...’ The tardy bell ranged and our teacher finally arrived.

 

 

       ‘Maybe it is my fault that I don’t stand out….Maybe it always going to be like this….forever…” I typed in the last word to my daily status and posted it to my blog, “3.6.5”. It not really a ‘famous’ blog site but there’s actually two people who seem to visit my site oftenly. Beep!  It was not even close to a minute when I got my first comment. I looked down to read who it was.

_____________

       

“You outta yer mind (You out of your mind)!”  

_____________

'Well that started out a little too strong…' I thought to myself but later went back to the comment.

_____________

”Bite the bullet! No one is gonna talk to you with that attitude.”  

_____________

 

       'Well that started out a little too strong…' I thought to myself but once I read the last sentence, I realised who it was. Money Bear, one of the two people I see mostly visiting my blog. “Gosh! Money Bear is always so hard on me but usually right though.” I ran through my raven-colored hair, sighing in between my legs until a familiar tone alerted me that I had another message.

_____________

It’s all right.

       I’m sure you’ll make friends when the time is right, Digitalis!

You’re doing your best every day….I‘m sure someone will noticed you.

Yours truly, Golden Puppy.”

_____________

 

       I re-read the comment again that made my heart leaped for a second. “Oh...Golden Puppy, you’re so...kind!” I spread a light smile across my face and the blush started to rise up my cheeks. It kind of nice to feel that their is someone who tries to get me to do the unthinkable but I have to realized that it’s just the internet, and we only know each other’s screen names but I bet we couldn’t talk like this in real life. But still, it’s feels nice to think that someone...somewhere can know the real me. I wish I had someone like that in real life, too....

.

.

.

       The class was filled with loud chit-chatters and hysterical laughs while I, as usual, sat in my desk, away from the group of clustered classmates. I know it sounds like a bad thing but...I don’t know if I could make my way to the light, especially when no one doesn’t even know me. I then sighed in despair and walked out the class with my thumbs, hitched in my pockets. Well if I’m going to be alone anyway, I’d rather be somewhere with no people. Just me, I and myself…

.

.

.

       I walked down the pebble path road to seek a familiar strout, shining in the warm sunbeams. “It’s growing bigger! I knew this sunny spot would be good!” I sprinkled a decent amount of water upon the offspring, giving it an additional heart-warm smile. During my freshmen years, I spotted this digitalis sprout in the shade, and replanted it in a sunnier, isolated spot. I sat next to plant and a plan popped into my mind. “I’ll post it on my blog!” Money Bear and Golden Puppy has been asking me how the plant’s doing. I dig into my pocket to redeem my Iphone and immediately open up the camera. “Smile!” I laughed softly as the flash glared on the leaves and duplicated the scenery on my screen. ‘Perfect!’.

 

“HEY! GIVE THAT BACK, SUHO!”

 

“Catch me if you can!”

 

       I heard that voices before. I turned my head and immediately my eyes were locked on the seniors who were running towards my direction like those romantic scenes where the guys runs towards the girl in slow motion. It was Suho and Chanyeol. Before I was about to walk away, Suho then turned his head toward me and dashed to my way. “Don’t say anything okay?” Suho whisper to me and went behind me, making me frozen in my place, then Chanyeol dashed to us. “Suho, that’s not fair!” Chanyeol whined at the hyung, who was laughing as a reply. They’re so close...too close! “Awww! Is little Chanyeol gonna cry? Boohoo!” Suho then taunted the ladder. “Why you!” Suho then let go of me, making me lose my balance, waiting for the rough impact to arrive, but an arm looped to my hips. “Oh…!” I looked up to see Chanyeol’s doe eyes locked into mine. I’ve never seen him this close before. He’s eyes do shine like the sun! “Gosh Suho!” Chanyeol twisted his head at the brunette, who was galloping his way to the schoolhouse. “Sorry.” Chanyeol apologized as he let go of me. “I-It’s okay.” I replied at the giant. “So...this is your plant?”

 

“Uh...Y-Yes” I stuttered.

 

Chanyeol laughed softly, rubbing the back of his neck. "What kind is it?"

 

"A um...d-digatalis..." I locked my eyes on my trembling hands.

 

      “Wow. It's beautiful. I always end up killing them the next day but you’re really good!” I looked up to him and shooked my hands frantically. “WHAT?! N-no!”  I felted my heart beating faster and faster while I kept on running my mouth. “No, I mean it! Looking after it everyday. That’s kind of great, Baekhyun!” Wait? Did he just say what I think he did? “Chanyeol! We got Suho for you!” We turned our heads to a black hair girl who was holding on to Suho’s collar. “Let me go!” Suho try to get out of the girl’s grip but there was no hope. “Thanks!” Chanyeol walked up to smiling girl and walked with the posse into the high school. “Wait! Do you know my name?” I tried my best to yell but as usual no one didn’t hear me. I sunk my head down until a voice appeared. “Huh?” I looked up at the smile latter. “Yeah of course! It’s Byun Baekhyun!” I went frozen as he repeated my name once again. He knows...my name! After such a long time, someone knows my name!

AUTHOR'S NOTESFirst Chapter (well it's a entry) is out! ^^~