Muffins

Muffins

The sound of yoongi's deep humming and egg against glass is definitely not something you'd hear everyday. Or any day, actually. It was one of those extremely rare days where Min Yoongi actually willingly got out of bed early to do something other than work. What was even more shocking than that was the fact that he didn't just get up early, he got up early to bake. 

It's not like it was because he and taehyung had officially spent 2 years, 8 months, 27 days, 24000 hours,1440000 minutes and 86400000 seconds together. 

And it's definitely not because of taehyung's recent intolerable whines consisting of "Why don't you ever cook for me like how seokjin hyung does to namjoon?" And "Why can't you be more like seokjin hyung!" 

Yoongi sighs deeply for what seemed like the hundredth time and shook his head. He really couldn't believe it. Waking up on a sunday morning just to bake, he wonders how soft he has gotten. 

All thanks to that annoying kid. 

Yoongi scoffs as the image of taehyung looking at him with those hopeful eyes and childish smile replays in his mind again and again. He grabs the baking soda placed at his left and unconsciously poured a very generous amount into the mixing bowl as he silently grumbles about how grateful taehyung should be when he gives this to him. 

'Stop it, this isn't right. Being happy makes the food come out nicer.' With this, yoongi forces a smile onto his features no matter how frustrated or tired he was and quietly hummed a tune that had been stuck to his head for days. His hands moved non-stop as he went from ingredient to ingredient as quickly as he could, following the flow he was in. 

Very soon, his soft humming turned into loud rapping with words too aggressive for someone who was baking muffins. 

This, unfortunately, posed as a distraction and made him oblivious to the amount of salt he had put in. Not that he'd realise it until much later. 

By the time he had finished putting the mixture into the muffin cups, he had also finished composing the first verse of his new song. 

He chucked the tray containing all the muffins into the oven, setting it's time to 25 minutes and pranced away to his work room, or also known as his bedroom. Maybe it was the sudden bout of inspiration that hit him hard but he definitely had too much energy for a sunday morning. He left it like that though, just for once, because today was an exception. Maybe he could be a little more cheery today. 

Before he knew it, 25 minutes had already passed and it was time for his muffins to be taken out. He snapped himself out of his intense focus on the new song and quickly attended to the muffins, curious to see how they had turned out. The enticing, mouth-watering smell was the first thing that hit him and tempted him terribly. Pride swelled up in his chest as he noticed how scrumptious it looked too. Taehyung was sure to enjoy it... But in the meantime, he was going to enjoy one for him. Yoongi didn't waste any time in getting it out of the oven and placing it on the kitchen counter, immediately taking one like there was no tomorrow, causing himself to get burned because the tray was metal. That, though, didn't bother him as much as how downright disgusting and atrocious the taste of the muffins were. He finally realised his mistake of putting too much salt and baking powder and mentally cursed. He spent his whole morning doing this, no way was he going to do it again. 

Heaving a tired sigh, he decided he was going to leave it as it was and just give it to taehyung. That would serve him right for whining. 

He sulked all the way back to his room where he continued on with his song until taehyung arrived. 

"Yoongi!" The said boy cooed cheekily as he entered the house, excitement seeping from that one word alone. Yoongi was going to ignore him but remembered what day it was and the (disgusting) muffins laying on the kitchen counter. Feeling sly, he smirked secretly to himself and got up to greet his beloved with a smile that was too sweet to be true. 

"Taehyung, it's very nice to see you." Taehyung gaped at him for a few seconds before breaking out into a giggle.

"Someone's happy today." He teased.

"Very happy." Yoongi corrected him. Taehyung shook his head and stuck his nose up in the air resembling a puppy sniffing the air.

"What is that smell?" 

"Muffins."

"Don't tell me..." Yoongi beamed as innocently as he could.

"Woke up early in the morning just to bake them for you." He threw in a quick wink at the end of his sentence to add onto the effect and also to gain more reaction from taehyung which succeeded.

"No, seriously?" He gasped in disbelief. His jaw might've as well been dislocated with how wide open it was hanging. 

It took everything for yoongi not to break down into laughter at that moment but that'd ruin the 'surprise' so he controlled himself. 

Taehyung ran over to Yoongi once he recovered from his shock and jumped on him a little too happily. "I didn't think you'd actually cook, or bake for that matter, but you actually did! On our 1000 day anniversary too. God, you're the best boyfriend ever." He gushed as he pecked yoongi all over with his legs wrapped around yoongi's waist. 

He'd by lying if he said he wasn't enjoying receiving this much love from a very happy taehyung BUT he'd also be lying if he said he didn't want to see his reaction when he takes a bite out of a muffin. 

"You should go eat the muffins before you end up eating me instead." He pryed taehyung off him and ushered him to the kitchen. 

"Oh god..." Yoongi heard taehyung mutter under his breath. He held back a snicker and nodded his head in false pride. Appearance and smell could really be deceiving. 

"Go on." Yoongi urged him. He didn't have to say it twice because taehyung was more than willing to devour even the tray. He half jogged to the counter, quickly taking one out of the tray and stuffing the whole thing in his mouth like it was the last one. A bad choice he soon regretted as he took his first munch and almost immediately spit it out onto the floor. He ran to the rubbish bin located conveniently in his near left and spat everything he had in his mouth out. He wiped his mouth with the nearest tissue he could grab and turned to glare at yoongi who couldn't help but laugh hysterically in the background. 

"How could you cheat my feelings like that!" He snapped, feeling both annoyed and betrayed at the other's prank. 

"Sorry, your reaction was just too priceless." Yoongi grinned, totally not feeling apologetic in any way. 

"And here i thought you actually listened and put in some effort into doing something you never did before." 

"Hey, i did okay!" Yoongi crossed his arms defensively. "I woke up early this morning, a sunday morning mind you, just to bake you muffins. Unfortunately, they turned out like this and there was nothing i could do about it." 

Taehyung narrowed his eyes at him. How do i know you didn't deliberately fail miserably just to pull a prank on me?" He pouted sulkily. 

"Up to you not to believe me." Yoongi shrugged nonchalantly. 

"Nothing i could do, huh..." Taehyung breathed angrily and charged at yoongi. Before yoongi could react, taehyung pins him to the wall and pulls him into a deep kiss where he basically shares the horrible taste yoongi put in his mouth. 

"What the hell?!" Yoongi exclaims once he was able to pull away. 

"Sharing is caring." Taehyung sneered with a smug smirk at his revenge. "Besides, you're the one who made me taste that. You should also be the one to take the taste away." Taehyung forcefully pulled him into a deep kiss once again.