Incipient

Conflagration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She wasn't sure of when and how it all started, but she knew that she had fallen completely in love. What started off as a simple attraction turned into something that she could have never imagined. A flame ignited in her cold heart. No matter how many times she tried to put the fire away, the flame that enveloped her heart continued to burn passionately. She tried so hard to not capitulate to the flame, but she was on the verge to finally give in. Her freezing heart began to melt away at the thought of the girl, she experienced a warmth far from what she could ever imagine.

 

Despite the burning flame that enveloped her heart, she was to keep it a secret. She did not know the girl very well and she was extremely terrified of rejection. She couldn't bring herself to talk to the girl and there was almost no chance to do so. They were a year apart, they had no classes together, and they had their own friends. No one knew of her feelings, except a few close friends, but there was no way in hell that she'd ever tell the girl.

 

Each day she'd notice that the girl would appear more often around her and she even caught her glancing over at her every once in a while. Was the girl aware of her feelings? Did the girl think she was odd? Or was the girl interested? She was confused and didn't understand what the girl's actions were trying to communicate to her. But of course, her thoughts went straight to the negative. I think she hates me.

 

There was very minimal interactions between the two girls, they never had an actual conversation with each other since she was horrible at starting conversations with people she doesn't know. Luckily they participated in the same after school clubs and she had one mutual friend with her giving her a better shot at getting to know her.

After weeks of contemplating on whether or not she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter