right where we left off...

If I Knew

Lynda plopped down next to Naeem, almost sitting on his lap. She leaned her head sideways. “So? …you gonna tell me or not, Mr. Naeem Khan Yusufzai?” Naeem sighed, grasping his mouth. “It wasn’t mine. It shouldn’t have happened. I got caught with it, therefore I got arrested for possession.My entire family disowned me except for Naim and Its as simple as that.” He responded quickly, hoping that she would drop the subject. All the tabloids n had everybody know about it, but he wasn’t really sure why Lynda had brought it up, so randomly.  “Sooo…” Lynda mumbled , as she placed her chin on his shoulder. “So?” Naeem questioned, while leaning away from his friend and eyeing her sceptically. “Do you….do …coke? Orrr was that ju-”  “No! Lynda, what? Of course not, man!”  “Mmmmmhm.” She slowly raised her head off of his shoulder in suspicion. “What about , you smoke weed Mr. Yusufzai??”  “Lynda , what is up with you this evening?” He laughed from amusement. Lynda smacked her teeth. “I just wanna know, so I’m not taken by surprise if I see you and Naim singing about Mary Jane on the way to a show, saying ‘cracka this, cracka that.’”  Naim laughed at the reference to the two young British men from that really famous boyband he had seen in the papers a couple of months back. “Nah, sweetheart. I ain’t putting my business out for people to judge me with…” Naeem smirked at Lynda. “Well, SWEETHEART, you know I don’t judge you, and I wouldn’t…” She smiled sweetly back at him She looked down in her lap, and chuckled as her smile faded. “…like ever.” She said just above a whisper. She breathed deeply, and then continued to talk. “I mean, seriously, Naeem , who am I to judge, I’m really nobody special.” Naeem looked and listened as Lynd rambled on about how she was blah and what not. “Ly-Lynda, slow down girl!” He laughed. He shook his head, then nudged her over to give him space, so that he would be able to lean on her. She shifted over a bit making a bit of space on the couch, in between them. Naeem laid his head on Lynda lap, while staring at the ceiling, and of course naturally Lynda started playing with his curly hair. “You are so weird.” She said quietly. Lynda grumbled in agreement. “AND YOU…MISS THING..ARE JUST..” He said as he poked her stomach.
“…Are just lovely.” He finished, removing his eyes from the ceiling and looking Janelle in the face. “Really Lynda…I mean it.” He said while nodding. Lynda awkwardly chuckled and looked away. It was getting pretty weird for her. They both sat there quietly in the fluffy, and awkward tension the conversation had led up to. Lynda continued to play with Naeem’s hair. After a little while she immediately froze. Naeem was in his own little world staring at the ceiling, humming, and making different beats and noises with his mouth, so he hadn’t realized how still she had gotten. “WHAPAWWW!!” Lynda screeched as she smacked Naeem right in the middle of the forehead as hard as she could. She slid from under his head ran towards Naeem’s front door. "SHAKE YA WATCH YA SELF!!" She randomly yelled  “What the hell?! LYNDA!” Naeem yelled as he quickly got up and chased her. She opened the door and had almost gotten away, but he’d quickly grabbed her wrist preventing her from stepping out. “YOUU are absolutely ridiculous, you know that right?” Naeem laughed still firmly holding her wrist, so she wouldn’t escape. “YOU’LL NEVER GET ME YOU DORRRK!” She said , while shaking her head hysterically. “Lynda…” “I WON’T LET YOUUUUU!” “Lyyyyyyyyn-da..?” “CATCH ME IF YOU CAN KAAA!” Lynda continued in her dramatics, as she begin to pretend to melt. “NO…no!” She feigned. “Oh my god, Lynda you are such a little , you know that?” Bruno said as he stepped over her. He hovered over her and just stared at her. Lynda was on the floor sitting with eyes closed. Naeem grabbed one of her shoulders and shook it. “Lynda Robinson, stop playing.” she opened her eyes dramatically wide at Naeem. He turned his head and chuckled to himself, “Why hasn’t someone put this girl in their movie?” Lynda popped up. “I heard that you alien!” “Well listen up you robot, Amahlie and I are hitting the mall tomorrow morning, and I wanted to know if you’d come? Ya know, she ain’t seen you in a lil bit, so we should hang, yeah?”  Naeem said as he and Lynda walked outside. She texted her driver to come and pick her up, it was getting to be late, and she had already spent too much time at Naeem’s place. “Can’t. Got a celebrity parent meeting at Brentwood in the mawning,and that will be something Na-Na!” Naeem sighed “Riiigght…well..how about I take you both out, like in the afternoon?” Lynda rolled her eyes at him and checked her phone to scroll through her schedule. “WOOP DE WOO WOO…WOOP WOO DE WOO.” She said pointing at her phone and rolling her neck. He laughs at her sudden character. Lynda’s driver pulled in at the gate of Naeem’s loft to be let in. Naeem shakes his head and grins. “Okay, but I’ll call you when I’m at lunch to let you know when I’ll be ready.” Naeem nods in agreement, as Lynda pulls him in for a tight hug. She walks to her car and ducks into it. “BYE SHORTIE!” She screams before closing the car door. Naeem chukles “Yeah, yeah whatever beautiful!” He calls after her. He openly laughs to himself, then turns around and jogs back to his door.