eh...

Short Hair

“Good day, classmates!” Jieun beamed flashing her bright smile as she enters the classroom.

Everyone was shocked. Especially, a certain quiet guy……  Kim Seok Jin.

His pen rolled on the white marbled floor of their room.

Jieun pick it up.

“Hey, Jin! Here you’ve drop your pen!” Jieun said as she handed the pen to the guy.

Jin with wide mouth open in disbelief, stares for a long time at Jieun’s hair; the hair that he had been admiring since he met her; the hair that he had been dreaming to touch and gently runs through his finger for god-knows-how-long; the silky raven hair that he had been dying to sniff its aromatic jasmine scent is now gone. It was now tainted with the disgusting colour of red and was terribly cut short barely reaching her shoulder. Whoever murdered his princess’s hair he wants to find out and bald his hair and make him bleed like Jieun’s new hair!

No. he’s not really brutal like that. Jin shook his head. The truth is he was very quiet and shy guy. He couldn’t even afford to speak to Jieun. He has a crush at Jieun since they were in kindergarten but never had the guts to tell her. He no longer remembers why he was attracted to her initially. All he knows is that starting from the time Jieun had been seated in front of his desk; he’d been attracted to her long black hair.

 

 

@@@@

At lunch, Jin stares at Jieun’s from afar. His heart clenches at the sight of her new hair. His heart could not take it. He misses her old hair. The long and shiny black one that gently sways in the wind and the one that was so soft and tempting to touch.  Something within Jin that drags his body from his seat and the next thing he knew he was standing in front of where Jieun is..

“We need to talk” his tone was gentle but his gaze were firm. Jieun was surprised. It was the first time that Jin ever approaches her. Jin grabs her by the arm and pulls her to one of the less crowded corner of school yard.

Under a shady tree, both of the two were silently staring at each other. Jin was intensely gazing at her and Jieun waits what important things that her quiet classmate has to do with her.

“If you have nothing to say I will be leaving” she said after getting tired of waiting from him.

Jin grabs her arm. Jieun glance up at him.

“Why….. why did you cut your hair?” he asked him. Jieun noticed how he was very uncomfortable with his question. She frowned at him.

“Is that all?” She faced him putting her hands on her hips. “You drag me here just to ask that?!” she scoffed. She was expecting something else from him but it pains her that this was the only word that he manages to speak.

“I guess, it’s pretty normal for me to decide what I want to do with anything from myself” she said.

“Yes… but….” Jin try to find the best words to answer her but he couldn’t find any. Jieun stares at him.

“Don’t you find me pretty?” Jieun asked. She leaned closer to him.

Jin looks at her and gaze back to those lovely hazel irises. How could he not notice how beautiful her eyes. His eyes started to wander on her face. He just notice then that the girl he has been admiring for a long time has a wonderful white creamy skin, cute small nose, and beautiful red lips… her face was perfectly beautiful. How could he just notice it only now?

“My hair is not everything of me” she added.

“You’re beautiful” he mumbled as he continues to stare at Jieun’s face.  A tint of pink blush forms on Jieun’s face after hearing his compliment. It was the first time Jin told her those words.

And the first time they had that kind of conversation.

 


 

@@@@

After that talk, Jin and Jieun was able to be more comfortable with each other. Not like before that Jin would only stare at her and Jieun would wait for him to speak.

Jin could tell everything in his mind and Jieun no longer has to always initiate the conversation between them. She likes Jin for the longest time. She thought that Jin might have some feelings for her too and she even had thought of confessing to him. But it scares her that she might be assuming only and she doesn’t want to be rejected by him. So she keeps her feelings and waited for him.

 

 

@@@@

 

“Why do you have to cut your hair?” Jin asked and Jieun could not stop but glares at him for bringing back the same topic. “and….  you even dyed it with red?” he added.

“If I did not then you might not be talking to me like you’re doing now. “ Jieun retorted her eyes fixed on his and she loves how he looks her in the eyes… but hurts her to why he can’t get over with her short hair.

“If I did not then you might still be looking at my hair only and not my face!” she continue

“And If I did not you might not be staring at my eyes the way you are now!” her voice becomes weaker and laced with bitterness.

“I’m sorry…” Jin apologised as he quickly realised his mistake. Jieun turns her face away trying to wipe the tears. Jin cupped her chin and turns her face back at him. He pulled her much closer to him.

“I was wrong… I have loved you ever since we were young, I remember now… I love everything about you… your hair, your lips, your eyes, your smile, your laugh…. Your kindness and brightfulness… I love everything about you… I love the whole of you from your hair to toe until the deepest part of your heart and soul…” he whispers as he leans much closer to her.

 

Jieun closes her eyes waiting for him. She hopes this time Jin was more sincere with his feelings. She waited for him…. Until he kiss her on the lips like she wishes it to be…

“I love you too….” Jieun smile and mumbles between their kisses.

 

 

 

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

 

 

[[[[ I just cut the story there…eeewww… what did I just write?.., oh, my brain is bleeding.. and you know,  I’m much lazier than you are Cherry, lolss! ]]]]