1/2

Like a cup of coffee

"Hyung, why not? You promised me. You said you would do anything in return if I help you with cleaning your house after your dog went crazy." Jongdae tried to charm his hyung with puppy eyes but it probably wasn't working as he wanted them to.

"Everybody can forget about something small like that." Minseok rolled his eyes and crossed his arms on his chest. He looked at the younger male and sighed for himself. It was true that Jongdae really hepled him the the great mess his dog made just by running around the house acting like crazy but what Jongdae wanted from him was very dangerous. Or Minseok thought so.

"Besides, you and coffee machine is like an elephant and porcelain. You will break it just by looking at it!" Minseok shivered when that imagination crossed his mind. His lovely and expensive coffee machine in the hands of Kim Jongdae.

"Then I will close my eyes." Jongdae said with happy grin. Minseok widened his eyes.

"Don't you dare! You will leave your eyes opened!"

"Does that mean you will teach me how to make coffee? Yay! You are the best, Minseok hyung! See you on Friday, then!" Jongdae hugged him tightly before running away. Only then Minseok realized what exactly happened.

"Oh dear God...." he whispered and slapped his forehead. This is gonna be the worst thing in his life.

------------------------------------

Minseok met Jongdae in front of their university right on time. That was kind of immpressive side of Jongdae, he was never late. But Minseok thought it was jut because he wanted to have more time to destroy other people's lives by his pranks and jokes.

Jongdae was sitiing on a bench, humming one of the latest songs in radio silently. Minseok walked up to him slowly and tapped on his shoulder. The younger looked up to him and smiled softly.

"Hey hyung. I hope you weren't standing here for too long. Let's go, shall we?" He stood up and Minseok simply nodded before they started walking towards Minseok's house.

It didn't take them long time to get there, hardly fifteen minutes. They took off their coats and shoes before stepping inside Minseok's kitchen.

"So, I am all ears, hyung. I swear, I will be the best student you've ever had." Jongdae smiled at him and stretched his himself.

"First, wash your hands, I won't let you touch anything here if your hands are dirty."

"That means I can't wash my hands because I can't touch the sink, you know?" Jongdae grinned but after Minseok sent him a glare, he went to the bathroom and washed his hands as his hyung told him. When he came back, Minseok was by the kitchen island and in front of him stood a grinder. Jongdae threw him a questioned look and Minseok just smiled, his chubby cheeks going up.

"Before you actually make any kind of coffee, you need to grind the coffee beans so you can put it into the machine."

Jongdae nodded understandingly and carefully took scoop of the coffee beans, placing them inside the grinder. He looked up at Minseok, making sure he was doing everything right so far. When Minseok nodded with small smile, Jongsae felt his ego rising. He closed the grinder and started to gring the beans. Really fast.

"Oh my god! Stop! You can't do that!" Minseok put his hand over Jongdae's to stop him.

"You need to do it in steady speed. Otherwise, it will be uneven and it won't smell or taste that good. And even if it sounds crazy, it will take more time if you do it fast. Got it?" Jongdae nodded, even thought he was just half-listening. The moment their hands touched, he kind of stopped thinking. Minseok's hands were so warm and just by that lttle contact, he felt a tickling sensation through his whole body which made his heart beats faster than normal. He never noticed how small and soft Minseok's hands were.

"I-I'm sorry, hyung. I will try it again." He said, hiw voice lower than usual. Minseok put his hands away, while Jongdae tried it again, this time slowly as he was supposed to. Minseok was watching him.

When the beans were grinded, Minseok took over again. He the machine and Jongdae watched him carefully.

"First, you wipe the machine. Hygiene, you know?" He waited for Jongdae to nod.

" Then you put the coffee into this little circle thing and close it tightly. It helps if you do it against the table. Like this. Then you put it up here. Then you grab two small cups for espresso. And you start the machine right here." Minseok pressed a button in the right corner of the machine and it started making deep noises.

Jongdae watched him the whole time and couldn't help but smile. When Minseok was concentrating on something, his eyes seemed to be darker and he tended to bite his lower lip softly. Jongdae found it adorable because when things weren't going as he wanted them to, he puffed his cheeks which was the cutest thing ever.

Soon, the room was filled with the smell of freshly made coffee. Now, it was Minseok's turn to smile. He just loved coffee. Not only the taste, but also the smell, the visual of it. Making coffee made him relax and turn off his made for that little while and when he saw someone drinking coffee made by him and enjoying it, he felt very proud of himself.

"And now, this button up here is for hot milk. You need to be careful and never take the kettel with your bare hands, only with a towel, okay? And now you slowly pour the milk into the cup with the espresso. You start faraway and then you go in. But again, slowly. Making coffee is about taking your time. Like this. You do it in the middle and then you slide it down. And that will make a heart shape. Here, taste it." Jongdae took the cup and took a sip from it.

"Wow! It'S really mellow. I like it!" He smiled. Minseok nodded with lips curled up a little bit.

"Now, it's your turn." He gestured towards the machine and waited for Jongdae to repeat it. He stood right next to him, supervising him and making sure his coffee machine is safe.

But when he leaned closer to Jongdae, his scent filled his nose and Minseok had to admit, it wasn't and unpleasant smell at all. Jongdae wasn't bad looking either. Actually, he was pretty hot. Except for his pranks and bad jokes.

There were many girls who wanted him and some guys too but Jongdae wasn't that easy-going. He had probably two girlfriends and one boyfriend from what Minseok knows but he hasn't date anyone since last year. Even though he and Minseok were friends since high school, he wasn't exactly sure wht he taste was like. He knew his two ex-girlfriends, Sohee and Uee, but he never really met the boy he dated.

As Minseok was lost in his thoughts Jongdae finished the espresso.

"Okay, now the milk. So, the button is here and now-- wait. Never take it with bare hands." He stretched his hand next to Minsek for a small towel.

At the same time, Minseok tried to give Jongdae the towel.

And their hands touched.

Again.

Jongdae looked at Minseok.

Minseok looked at Jongdae.

Somehow, they couldn't look away from each other. Or maybe they didn't want.They stayed like this for few seconds and Jongdae noticed how dark brown color were Minseok's eyes.

Like coffee.

And then, their faces started to come closer.

Their lips were about to touch.

Minseok felt Jongdae's breath on his face and it still smelled like the coffee he drank before. So he didn't hesistate to try if his lips tasted like coffee.

They did.