Hyung

Through Their Eyes

Sometimes I wonder why my dongsaeng Eunhyuk likes Gyuri so much. I mean sure, she's pretty, smart, a good leader, confident, witty, a damn great singer...okay, so there's really nothing to wonder about that. It's just that, they're so different. Gyuri is all those things I just mentioned, and Eunhyuk is...not.

I'm kidding of course. I'll always look out for the kid. I'm his hyung. I'm just saying that Eunhyuk and Gyuri are total opposites. Eunhyuk is timid and quiet, wouldn't hurt a fly. Gyuri on the other hand, can be mean and ruthless. Eunhyuk would be battered if they ever had a relationship, eaten maybe. I don't know. Maybe I'm just assuming that Gyuri's like that, I don't know her that well. Then again, there was always a reason why Seungyeon was my favortie KARA member. But since I've started hosting this show with the girls, I found out that Gyuri is very respectable to her elders. I also found out she's a fast-thinker. She can eaily get herself out of a situation that isn't favorable to her - by use of her charms and her wits. But that can sometimes be called being manipulative. That's not a very good quality. She's also a little blunt. Okay, she's really blunt. She says exactly what comes to her mind. I don't think she uses the filter very much, and it's also not a very attractive quality in a girl. Then again, like I said, I don't know what is about Gyuri that Eunhyuk likes. It might just be those things that draw him to her. And it's not as if Eunhyuk himself told me that he likes Gyuri. Teukie and I just assumed that when she and Jiyoung became regular guests on SUKIRA and Eunhyuk stopped having interest in our usual girl-hunting escapades. That and the fact that the kid left his phone lying around and I just "happened" to pick it up and then just "happened" to look at his messages and Leeteuk "happened" to be passing by and I told him. And I can see how Eunhyuk's face seemed to light up whenever, during dinner, I tell him about how the KARA girls are really fun to host with, and Gyuri's name is mentioned. I also saw how happy he was when Gyuri called him when we went out of town, recently.

Now, I've spent a lot of time with Gyuri too, and I've never seen her have the same reactions to Hyuk as he did to her. And to be honest, for me, he shows more interest for Gyuri than she does for him. At least that's what I thought.

But then saw her eyes shine when Leeteuk - who was on the line - said he'll give the phone over to Eunhyuk. I may just be wrong.

"Is this Boom-boomi-boom-boom-boom-hyung?" Eunhyuk said on the other line. Awww. He's so sweet. Not so much like Gyuri.
 
"Yes, this is Boom-boomi-boom-boom-boom-hyung." Eunhyuk laughed and the proceeded to greet everybody on the set. Then it occured to me. Why not play a little something on thsese two? I mean, it would help me to confirm something, and at the same time provide entertainment for everyone on set AND our viewers. I am brilliant. "Eunhyuk-ah."
 
"Yeah, hyung?"
 
"Gyuri-ssi..." From the corner of my eye, I saw Gyuri turn to look at me with a hint of hostiliy in her glare. I told you, she's mean. Scary mean. "She said that she wants to talk to Choi Siwon."
 
Gyuri hit my arm, a bit too hard, might I add. "What the, when did I say that?" She quietly aksked, all the while practically jumping in her seat in denial. Okay, so she does like Eunhyuk. And more than I thought if she could get exasperated over such a small joke. I just looked at her with confusion written all over my face. I have to play innocent.
 
"Oh, not to me?" Eunhyuk can be so gullible. It's one of the things that make him cute, Leeteuk once told me. I just use it to my advantage.
 
"Yes, not to you."
 
"Well then, I'll just give the phone to another member then." Gyuri shook her hands in front of her, telling me to stop. She's getting defensive.
 
Leeteuk came back on and I terminated the call right after he threatened to have a reporter talk to me about my admiration for Seungyeon. I carried on with some brief talk while Gyuri had gone quiet and didn't talk again for the rest of the segment. That's when the PD called cut and gave us a 15-minute break before we start shooting again.
 
I saw Gyuri go to her manager-oppa and ask for her cellphone, then watched as she immediately made a call to someone. I kept my eyes on her and for the first few minutes, she seemed to be serious in explaining something. But after a while, her expression changed and she smiled. It was a smile I've never seen grace her features before. I've definitely never seen make that smile in the months that we've been working together. I saw that it was a smile reserved for a special person. No, not just a special person, THE special person. Afterwards, she laughed. And it was a laugh that was - in my non-maliced opinion - cute. It was adorable. And all this time I thought the girl had no aegyo in her. Afterall, that was Seungyeon and Jiyoung's job.
 
I definitely saw a different side to Park Gyuri today. I saw what was under the pretty face, the wit, the confidence, the manipulation - although that last bit was just my exaggerating. She stayed on the phone for the entire break time and just hung up when the PD called us back on set.
 
Gyuri stared at her phone for a while, that smile never leaving her lips, until she looked up and saw me watching her. Her usual scowl came back on. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and then approached me with a solemn expression. "Boom-oppa, it's not good to play jokes like that on Eunhyuk-oppa. He's very easy to fool, you know." She sighed and then went and took her seat next to Seulong back on set. So she does care...a lot. I felt my phone vibrate and I saw that I got a message from Hyuk.
 
Aish, hyu~ung. That wasn't funny. Gyuri felt really bad. Turns out, there was nothing to feel bad about. Don't do that next time, hyung. Arasso? Take care of Gyuri. Be nice. Kkkk. ^^
 
I realize now that I don't know Gyuri that well. And maybe I never will. There are probably some sides to her that she'll show only to her members, and a side she'll show only to one special, Lee Hyukjae. I'm not gonna pry, I'm not gonna find out. It's none of my business, I know now. But you can't blame me for thinking all those things about Gyuri. I'm just being protective of my dongsaeng. After all, I'm his hyung.
 

Hahaha. I love Boom. If you guys don't know. I got this idea from an episode of Idol Army. The first part of this chapter really happened, the phone conversation. But everything else is purely my, delusional fantasy. But there was definitely that Hyukri moment. I can feel it!!!

Anyway, this will be multi-chaptered. Some chapters would be longer than the others and some be shorter than this. Hahaha. But I hope you enjoyed this one. Till my next update. Cheers. ^^