A Slice of Life

Playing the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come on sweet boy, you promised.” Yifan tries, bending at the knees where the younger sat, blatantly ignoring him as fingers plucked the sharp strings of his harp. It was typical, the behavior occurring more times than Yifan had fingers, thus the older of the two merely rolled his eyes, long arm slipping around Zitao’s waist and hoisting the boy straight out of his chair and over his shoulder.

 

“DAMN YOU WU ING YIFAN!!! DID YOUR BLIND FAIL TO SEE THAT I WAS ING PRACTICING AND THAT-“ Yifan’s hand came down on the plump swell of the younger’s , cutting off his statement as legs carried him to the door of the practice studio.

 

“Today is date night, and you ing promised Zitao. You skipped out on the last two, and you’ve been here all day. No excuses. You are coming home with me, you will eat the ty dinner I made with all the love of a thousand suns, you will tell me it is great, with a huge ing smile on your face, and then we will sit on the couch and your will be cuddling with me as we watch some sappy movie I picked out.”

 

And they did.

 

-//-

 

Yifan thinks that times like this, late at night, moon peaking in through the blinds, illuminating Zitao’s face, that the male looks most beautiful. He’s unguarded, all soft angles, puffy, kissable lips and disheveled hair, tangled about in white sheets that rest chaotically around the small of his back.

 

He doesn’t even attempt to suppress the urge, fingers reaching out, running long lines against the warm tanned skin, right along the curve of his spine.  The younger shifts in his sleep, burring his face deeper into the comfort of his pillow, little incoherent sounds escaping part lips. It makes him chuckle into the night, pushing his frame up on one arm so he can lean over and down, his mouth pressed gently against the outer shell of his ear.

 

“Zitao~” He coos, fingers continuing their mindless journey along his back. “you are absolutely, without a shed of a doubt, the most breathtaking creature I’ve ever seen.  I love you.” His fingers finally come up to the nap of his lover’s neck, curling in  the bleached strands that he found, only to let go moments later as the younger’s voice broke out ever so softly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter