Chapter 3 - Movie Night

Smoke and Mirrors

Seokjin relaxed on the couch, book open on his lap and window open to let the cool air breeze through the room. It was a nice weekend day, Seokjin finding himself without much to do and deciding to read for a bit of relaxation as he hummed the song that was playing softly on his ipod. He could have been singing, he knew all the words, but his mind was focused on his book and he wanted to keep it that way so he stayed quiet.

It was a hard semester, weeks passing full of homework and tests and projects, and now that Seokjin finally had a free weekend he had no idea what to do.

When he heard a groan behind him he looked up, eyes settling on a very drowsy looking Yoongi who plopped down unceremoniously on the couch next to him. He rubbed his face with both of his hands, mussing his hair up before dropping his head back against the back of the couch. Seokjin just grinned, dogearing his page and setting the book down on the cushion next to him.

“Happy it’s the weekend?” he asked, Yoongi nodding without even looking at Seokjin. He just d around for the remote, turning the television on. “Any plans?” Once again Yoongi answered without words, shaking his head and just letting the program play in the background. After a moment of silence he finally turned to Seokjin, eyes puffy from grogginess and eyes barely open.

“No. What about you?” he asked, Seokjin shaking his head as well.

“No, I’m just as lame. I have no life outside of classes,” Seokjin replied with an easy if not awkward smile. Yoongi just raised a brow, chuckling and pulling his phone out of his pocket. He held it up, still looking at Seokjin.

“Do you want me to look for something to do?” Yoongi asked, voice still scratchy from sleep. “Maybe Hoseok is up for hanging out.” Yoongi played around with his phone for a moment, Seokjin watching as he sent a text and then tossed his phone on the couch. It took a total of one minute for his phone to buzz in response, Yoongi picking it up and Seokjin watching him with a little grin. “Hoseok said he was hanging with Jimin, but we’re welcome to come over, too.” Seokjin crossed his arms over his chest, brows raised as Yoongi turned to look at him.

“Are they going to be all over each other?” Seokjin asked, chuckling a bit. Yoongi pursed his lips.

“Probably. But it’ll still be fun,” Yoongi replied with a grin, shrugging and typing out a reply. “We can go over for a few hours or something. Maybe throw on a movie and ignore all the ing school we should be doing.” Seokjin stared at Yoongi for a second, clearly debating between what he wanted to do and the responsible thing, and for the first time in a while he nodded, stretching and standing up.

“Yeah, let’s go hang for a bit,” he said finally, Yoongi blinking up at him before smirking.

“Really?” he asked, Seokjin nodding and running his hand through his hair. Yoongi couldn’t help the little chuckle that slipped out as he stood, but a few moments of getting ready and a text to Hoseok later and the two of them were on their way.

It only took them a minute to get there and Seokjin only knocked once before Hoseok opened the door, smile wide as the two walked in. Jimin was lounging on the couch and he offered them a wave, Yoongi sitting down on the floor and leaning against the chair near the couch. Seokjin looked at him, one brow raised as he sat down in the chair.

“Do either of you want anything to drink? I have normal stuff and alcoholic stuff,” Hoseok offered easily, Yoongi immediately looking over at the mention of alcohol and grinning.

“What kind of alcohol do you have?” he asked, Hoseok smiling and shrugging almost innocently.

“I don’t know. What kind do you want? Want me to mix you something, or do you just want a beer?” he replied, Seokjin looking at Yoongi with wide eyes.

“Are you really drinking? It’s not even five o’clock,” he said, Yoongi turning and reaching up to put his hand over Seokjin’s mouth as best he could. He had to stretch to reach, and Jimin laughed into his cup.

“Shh,” Yoongi started, Hoseok not even waiting for an answer and starting to mix a simple drink in the kitchen. “It’s five o’clock somewhere and I have nothing else to do today so I don’t really give a .” Hoseok laughed from the kitchen, looking at Seokjin with narrowed eyes and absently making a second drink. When they were offered the drinks Yoongi took his with a smile, sipping it and immediately complimenting it. Seokjin just looked at it questioningly, taking it and pursing his lips in thought. Yoongi and Jimin both looked at him expectantly, Hoseok tossing himself onto the couch and Jimin immediately moving so his legs were resting on Hoseok’s lap.

“What? Do you not drink?” Hoseok asked, biting his lip. “If you don’t, that’s cool. I’ll just drink it. Or Yoongi can. Whatever,” he said, smiling at Seokjin apologetically. Seokjin just shook his head.

“No, it’s not that I don’t drink. I’ve never had any kind of drink I liked,” he replied, all three nodding in understanding before Yoongi reached up and patted Seokjin’s thigh comfortingly.

“You’ve never tried Hobi’s drinks, though. He’s a ing great bartender,” Yoongi said, gesturing at the cup in Seokjin’s hands with his head. Seokjin looked down at it. “Look, if you don’t like it then I’ll drink it. It’s cool. Just try it.”

It was a simple request and, after a sigh, Seokjin accepted it and took a sip of the drink that Hoseok had made. Surprising even himself he enjoyed the taste - it was sweet, and he looked at Hoseok as he took another drink. Yoongi just smiled smugly into his cup.

“Told you you’d like it,” he mumbled, Seokjin reaching down and batting the back of Yoongi’s head. Yoongi laughed, choking on a gulp of his drink and coughing as he tried to stop laughing. Hoseok shot Jimin a knowing glance but said nothing, letting Seokjin and Yoongi continue joking around as they both kept drinking.

After a while Hoseok put on a movie, Yoongi flipping around so that he was resting against the couch instead of the chair. Seokjin joined Yoongi on the floor, his fourth drink in hand and the four of them being a lot louder than they thought they were as they laughed together. Maybe it was just because he was drunk, but Seokjin couldn’t really recall having quite this much fun watching a movie with friends.

When he finished the drink he had in his hand Seokjin let his head drop back against the cushion of the couch, intent on asking Hoseok to make him another. He paused, however, when he saw Hoseok and Jimin talking to each other in as hushed a voice as they could, lips occasionally connecting in little kisses and neither paying attention to the movie. Seokjin just sighed, instead looking to Yoongi, whose eyes were glued to the screen. He leaned over, resting his chin on Yoongi’s shoulder and Yoongi immediately switched his attention from the movie to Seokjin.

“Yoongi, make me another drink,” he requested, words high pitched and sweet and Yoongi had to suppress a smile, lifting Seokjin’s head so that he could stand. Seokjin almost fell, managing to throw both hands down to catch himself before he stood and stumbled his way into the kitchen. Leaning on the counter, Seokjin watched Yoongi mixing his drink for a few minutes, belatedly turning his attention to Hoseok and Jimin on the couch. The moment Seokjin and Yoongi had moved to the kitchen Jimin had straddled Hoseok’s lap and Seokjin sighed, laughing and burying his face in Yoongi’s shoulder as he blushed a bit. “Ah, they’re cute together,” he murmured, Yoongi looking up from the drink and putting it in Seokjin’s hand.

“Hobi and Jimin? Yeah, ing adorable,” he replied, looking back down at Seokjin’s hand and closing it around the cup. “There’s your drink.”

“I know,” Seokjin said in a slur, lifting his head so his chin was resting on Yoongi’s shoulder again. He took a big gulp of the drink, humming to himself as he swayed in his spot. “Mm, I need to get laid,” he admitted, words hummed as he leaned his head against Yoongi’s.

“Yeah, I know. I told you that weeks ago. I’m pretty shocked you haven’t found some chick to yet. You’re a good looking guy - you could probably find some girl to bone easy,” he said, Seokjin looking to him before he bit his lip and buried his head in the crook of Yoongi’s neck. Yoongi just laughed to himself, rolling his eyes. “You’re clingy as when you’re drunk,” he added, Seokjin laughing and pushing himself to stand up. Wobbling in his spot, he took another drink from the cup he was holding and leaned against the counter. There was a pause as Seokjin narrowed his eyes at Yoongi, who just looked at him expectantly. “What?”

“You did offer to my ,” he mumbled, Yoongi blinking. He looked at Seokjin in a stunned silence for a moment before laughing, reaching out to rest his hand against Seokjin’s forehead.

“Are you sick, man?” he asked, Seokjin shaking his head and nearly losing his balance. “Are you just that ing drunk?” he added, Seokjin staring at him before laughing and sipping his drink. Yoongi raised a brow. “You are. Maybe I should take you back to our room.”

“No, we can stay if you want,” Seokjin replied, leaning on the counter to hold himself up as he finished his drink. Yoongi watched him for a second before shaking his head and taking Seokjin’s hand.

“You’re drunk. Let’s go back,” Yoongi said, pulling Seokjin close and looping his arm over Yoongi’s shoulder so Seokjin could lean on him. “Hobi, text me when you two are done ing - maybe we can hang for a bit later.”

There was a muffled response that Yoongi assumed was an ‘okay’ as they slipped out into the hall, Yoongi moving a bit slower than he normally would have considering he had a very drunk Seokjin draped over his shoulders. He unlocked the door, leading Seokjin in and pulling the door closed behind him. Kicking off his shoes, Yoongi watched as Seokjin leaned against the door and looked at him.

“Mm, I feel warm,” he murmured, Yoongi sighing and rolling his eyes as Seokjin his lips. He leaned his head back against the door, eyes focused on Yoongi’s lips before he narrowed his eyes. “Yoongi…” he started, biting his lip and cocking his head just a bit. Yoongi didn’t move.

“I’m not gonna you off right now,” Yoongi said, not even waiting for Seokjin to ask what he knew was going to come next. Seokjin pursed his lips. “You’re drunk, and I don’t want you to do something you might regret. If you were sober, or if we’d done it before, maybe. But drunk? Nah.” Seokjin looked at Yoongi with a frown, brows furrowed before he pushed himself up from the door. He braced himself with both hands on Yoongi’s shoulders, looking down at him with a drunk smile.

“I’m not that drunk,” Seokjin replied in a very obvious drunken drawl, Yoongi laughing and shaking his head.

“You’re really drunk. I need to get you used to booze so you don’t get this ed up every time,” he said, still chuckling as Seokjin’s smile dropped. Yoongi blinked up at him, the corners of his lips dropping a bit as Seokjin dropped his forehead to rest on Yoongi’s shoulder. “Are you gonna be sick?” Yoongi asked, Seokjin nodding and barely mumbling an answer. Sighing, Yoongi walked backward so that Seokjin wouldn’t have to lift his head, leading Seokjin into the bathroom and to the toilet. He barely got there when Seokjin threw up, on his knees as Yoongi leaned against the sink next to him. Arms crossed over his chest, Yoongi watched as Seokjin retched a few more times, frowning and waiting until he calmed his breaths and rested his cheek on the seat. Yoongi could see the sweat on his face and Seokjin looked flushed, and Yoongi couldn’t help the little pang of worry and guilt he felt. He was the one that told Seokjin to start drinking, anyway.

Letting out a little breath, Yoongi grabbed the washcloth from the shower, dampening it with cold water and kneeling down next to Seokjin on the floor. He looked the other man over, pressing the cloth to Seokjin’s forehead for a moment before he wiped off his face as gently as he could.

“Feel a bit better?” he asked, Seokjin nodding weakly as he cracked open his eyes to look at Yoongi. “Next time, I’m gonna stop you before you yourself up and get sick, okay?” he added, Seokjin nodding once again as he took in a deep albeit shaky breath. “You wanna lay down?” he finished, Seokjin humming in response as he pushed himself to sit up. Reaching down, Yoongi offered Seokjin a hand, helping him up and leading Seokjin to his room.

Opening the door, Yoongi flicked on the lights, shielding his eyes for a moment as Seokjin all but fell into his bed. Yoongi just shook his head, pulling Seokjin’s sheet over him. He watched as Seokjin curled up on his side, a handful of the sheets pulled close to him as he closed his eyes. Yoongi laughed to himself, staying there until he heard soft snores from Seokjin and he knew the other man was asleep. Even then Yoongi stayed there for just a moment, reaching down to push Seokjin’s hair, damp from the washcloth, off of his forehead and out of his face. He bit his lip.

That was when he forced himself to look away, turning the lights off as he closed the door and walked into the living room instead. Hoseok didn’t text him for the rest of the night, which meant Jimin was most likely spending the night, and Yoongi was completely alright with that. Instead of focusing on anything else he the television, watching a few shows and then deciding to play a game instead.

Yoongi spent most of the night and the next morning playing the game he’d put on, stopping occasionally to grab a snack from the kitchen. Sometimes he would walk to the refrigerator and look inside only to walk back to the couch with nothing in his hand. Once he chose a water instead of his normal energy drink, setting it on the floor and sipping every once in a while.

Yoongi wasn’t even looking at the clock, so when he heard a grumble behind him he looked back, Seokjin standing behind him fully clothed and groggy. He watched as Seokjin looked between him and the television, then focused back on Yoongi.

“... Did you sleep?” he asked, Yoongi yawning and shaking his head before he went back to the game. Seokjin blinked. “You know, I’ve never had a full drink before, right?” he asked, Yoongi nodding immediately.

“Yeah, I guessed. It wasn’t too hard to tell,” Yoongi replied easily, Seokjin groaning in slight exasperation.

“Did I do anything stupid?” Seokjin asked, Yoongi not even looking at him as he smirked and shrugged. Seokjin just raised a brow. “Did I? Because I remember a lot of stuff but I don’t really remember much of what I said.”

“You threw up a lot,” he said matter of factly, Seokjin nodding and crossing his arms over his chest. “You cuddled your blankets and got really touchy.” Seokjin rolled his eyes, shrugging as Yoongi shot him a sideways glance. “You tried to get me to your , too.”

At that Seokjin looked to Yoongi with wide eyes, plopping down on the couch next to Yoongi and still staring at him.

“I ing didn’t.”

“You ing did,” Yoongi replied, then paused his game and looked at Seokjin in slight surprise. “Did you just cuss? I’ve never heard you swear since you got here.” Seokjin blinked, thinking back on his words before he shrugged and leaned back against the seat.

“I guess I did,” he said in a sigh, eyes closed as he reached up to massage his temples. “I’m sorry,” he added, Yoongi shaking his head and shrugging as he kept his eyes on Seokjin for another moment. Then he went back to his game, starting it again and keeping his focus glued to the screen. “Do you really not care that I tried to get you to do that?” he asked, Yoongi shaking his head.

“I didn’t even know you liked dudes, so… I learned something, I guess,” Yoongi replied, Seokjin’s face going red before he stood and walked into the kitchen.

“Is there aspirin in here?” he asked, Yoongi smiling smugly as he played.

“It’s in the cupboard by the fridge,” Yoongi replied, still smirking as Seokjin took two of the pills and washed them down with water.

It was clear that Seokjin was avoiding what Yoongi was saying and Yoongi wasn’t going to press the matter. If Seokjin wanted to talk to him about it, Yoongi assumed he would in his own time. So Yoongi just kept his mouth shut, Seokjin settling on the couch beside him after he’d changed into more comfortable clothes and watching him play his game until Yoongi got bored and put on television.

Yoongi wasn’t mad when Seokjin fell asleep beside him, head resting on Yoongi’s shoulder as Yoongi relaxed in his spot. He patted Seokjin’s thigh, shifting in his spot so that the other man was a bit more comfortable as he slept. It wasn’t too long later that Yoongi fell asleep as well, both of them staying out on the couch for most of the night until Seokjin woke up in confusion.

Looking around the dark living room, Seokjin’s eyes fell to Yoongi next to him, head lolled back on the couch and still fast asleep. Seokjin couldn’t help the little smile that slipped into his features. He stood, looking down at Yoongi before he sighed softly. He leaned down, arms looped under the other man’s shoulders and knees so he could lift him up. Yoongi’s head fell to rest on Seokjin’s shoulder, and he carried him as gently as he could to his room, happy that Yoongi had left his door open so he could just nudge it open further. Once he got in he set Yoongi down on his bed, mussing his hair and watching as he grabbed for his blankets and curled up on his side. Seokjin just rolled his eyes, trying not to think about what he’d said when he was drunk but feeling his cheeks go red anyway.

He forced himself to slip from the room, closing Yoongi’s door behind him and instead walking into his own room. Closing the door, Seokjin settled on his bed, light off and just sitting there before flopping back down onto the mattress.

Seokjin was too distracted to sleep well that night.