Introductions

Ignorance is Bliss

His mother dabbed her eyes, wiping away her imaginary tears, as the women behind her sat still. His father sat beside her, checking his watch impatiently. Glancing up at the couple, he grumbled quietly as he realized he was late to a business meeting.
The groom slipped the ring onto her finger, barely brushing her hand. Dropping her wrist, she hesitated, glancing up at him. He avoided her gaze and diverted his stare elsewhere. She sighed softly before returning the favor, sliding the silver band on. 
The old man stood between the two, holding a worn book between his wrinkled hands. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the presence of these witnesses," his ancient voice droned as he preformed the wedding ceremony. She occasionally glanced up at her husband, watching as he stared blankly into the distance.
Closing the yellowed pages, the priest directed their hands together. The bride coughed, flustered,  before reciting the words learned the night before. "I, Go Sera, take you, Kim Jongin, to be my husband," she murmured. "to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse."
His mellow voice echoed in the open chapel, repeating the words she had declared. 
The pastor stepped back, smiling at the couple. "You may now kiss the bride."
He turned her ever so slightly, leaning forward to kiss her. As their lips drew closer together, he tilted his head, covering their faces.
Eyes fluttering open, she stared at him as he pulled away. The sounds of women sighing and exclaiming in joy flooded the room as guests began to step into the reception hall. Hands on his chest, she gently pushed him away as the last invitees shut the door behind them. Running his fingers through his gelled hair, his back turned away from her as he took steady steps down the altar. She removed the veil, allowing her hair to cascade down her shoulders; her eyes bore into his back as he continued to walk further away. 
Hand on the door, he turned to face the glowing bride. Brown eyes cold, he pulled at his tie. "I'll be home late. Don't cause a ruckus and just say I'm tired." 
As he slipped away, the fabric slipped from her fingers; the sound of metal clattering on the hardwood echoed in the hall. Wiping at her eyes, she took a deep breath and collected her thoughts. Hands shaking, she stepped out into reception,  a smile forced onto her face.

It began with the call.

Sera closed her locker, chuckling as Min careened down the hall as he barely managed to carry several large textbooks. Dropping them on the floor, he wiped his brow and feigned exhaustion. "Why are you so cruel to me, Go Sera?' he muttered as she held in her laughter. Shaking her head, she glanced behind him as the school's most popular boy strolled down the hall. A few seconds later, a crowd of teenagers trailed behind him, screaming at his every move. Min turned to see what she was looking at, frowning at the sight. "You like him too?" he scoffed, mocking his signature lisp. "What do girls see in him, not me?" 
"At least he doesn't act like a buffoon in public," she rebuked, causing him to reel backwards in pain.

Kai stopped, his phone ringing in his pocket. Pausing his casual walk, he picked up; his mother's voice calmly asked. "Jongin?"
"Yes, mother," he replied, eyes widening slowly as he received the news. Dropping his cell, he spun around and dove into the crowd of teenagers. 
Pulling the arm of a student harshly towards him, he spat as he forcefully inquired her. "Do you know a chick called Go...Go Sera?" 
"Y-yeah, she's in my humanitaries class," the girl stammered, shaking.

After a brief argument of looks, Sera left the hallway. Min was following her, trying to refute his opinion.
"So what I'm saying is-" he waved a hand in front of her face. "Are you even listening?" 

"That's her!" she yelped, taking to chance to run off. Kai looked towards that direction, spotting a pale-faced girl staring straight at him.
Taking long strides, he yanked her wrist into the air. He ignored her protests and tightened his grip, eyes ablaze.
"What's your problem?" she glared, surprised. Jutting a finger in her face, he took a deep breath before beginning to yell. 
"My problem? You," Kai clenched his teeth. "I don't know you yet I'm supposed to marry you. Does this make sense? No, it doesn't. I can't marry such a cheap person. If my parents say so, so be it, but I have never met such disgusting people. " As he continued to rant, his fingers dug into her wrist; hands shaking, she tried to pry him off her arm. 
"You're hurting me," she whispered, understanding the idea. "Please, I didn't know it either." Releasing his fist, he spoke the words she would never forget.

"We might be married, but I will never love you."

She downed the glass of wine, Min sitting across from her. A worried expression was on his face as he watched his friend transform from her normally silent self.
"Min-ah, tell me," she giggled, face flushed. "Am I ugly? Am I untalented?" Her eyes wide, unfocused, were staring into him. He sat still, tilting a soju glass in his hand.
Slamming her hand onto the table, she began to cry. "Then why doesn't he like me? I didn't do anything wrong," she whispered, body shaking. He took her hand into his, looking away from her drunk self. Bringing her head down to his warm hands, she sobbed.

"He didn't even kiss me. On our wedding day, he didn't even kiss me."

~0~

Author's Note

I rewrote it because it sounded bad.. 
The first few chapters are about the beginning so it's a mix of present and past.
Later it will just be present!
cactus