A Good Friend

Broken yet Precious

Her favorite club was the only thing she could think of. She brought Yuri and Yoona together to accompany her, but it was a mistake. They rented a VIP lounge (since Yoona has insecurities about her popularity) and Yoona and Yuri ended up making out across her, exploring their own new world. So Tiffany decided to walk out of the lounge and be alone in the bar, drinking until she is kind of pass out.  The bartender refuses to give her more drinks but Tiffany insists. She annoys the other visitor; flirting with them, yelling nonsense, etc.

 

Until the manager decides to throw Tiffany out, but before he does that, Yuri and Yoona appears in the crowd to look for her missing friend. As they realize that it was their friend who made the fuss, Yuri told the manager that she would take Tiffany away from there. When she is about to turn on the car engine, Tiffany mumbles something and makes Yoona has to check on her.

 

“Oh my God, she is crying in her sleep.”

 

“What happened to her actually?”

 

Yoona shrugs, “I have no idea, though.”

 

Both of Yuri and Yoona drives away from the club, heading to Tiffany’s house. The road is filled with silence; sometimes Tiffany’s mumbles joined.

 

/

 

The sound of birds chirping wakes Tiffany up from her slumber, causing her to groan and place a pillow on her head to cover it, but it’s not working. She is now awake with a tremendous headache, making her to be grumpier than ever. She never been in a good mood since she saw Jessica hugging with a guy yesterday evening. She doesn’t have the mood to do anything, including getting up from the bed although all the homeworks and the works she has to do are pilling up, but she doesn’t give a damn about it.

 

All she want to do is take an aspirin and go back to sleep. And she did.

 

/

 

“Tiff, wake up.”

 

Tiffany’s brow raises a bit hearing that voice—a voice that she recognize very well. It was Yoona’s. She removes the pillow on her head and take a peek of a figure who’s carrying a box that Tiffany assume is a box of doughnuts.

 

“What is it, Yoong? Don’t you have a date with Yuri?”

 

“What a way to respond my kindness for bringing you doughnuts.” Yoona sighs, leaning against the headboard of the bed after putting the box on the desk and turning the television on.

 

“Sorry, the headache is killing me.”

 

“No wonder about that. You were kinda making a fuss last night.”

 

“Did I?”

 

The blonde nods as she munches a doughnut, eyes still on the television.

 

“Umm, sorry, I thought those doughnuts were for me?”

 

“I’m hungry.”

 

Tiffany rolls her eyes, “by the way, what was I doing last night at the club?”

 

“I don’t know. Yuri and I were looking for you and found that you were almost got thrown away by the bouncers, but Yuri said that we were going home, so you were safe.”

 

Tiffany groans at the story. She doesn’t remember any of it and thinking of it just give her more headache. Yoona shifts so she’s now laying next to Tiffany.

 

“Sure thing you drank a lot than the usual last night. What happened anyway?”

 

The other girl sighs, “nothing.” She replies, quiet and unsure. Yoona doesn’t move her gaze to anywhere but Tiffany, making the brunette uncomfortable. She almost got up although the pain is still there, but Yoona’s hand caught her wrist and prevented her from doing so.

 

“Tell me.”

 

“I told you it’s nothing.”

 

Yoona leans closer, “stop it, Yoong. It’s creepy. Your magic move won’t work on me.”

 

“I’m not even doing it. I’m just investigating you.”

 

It’s awkward when their pupils meet and Tiffany couldn’t hold it any longer. Just by seeing Tiffany’s face, Yoona know that she wouldn’t tell her and somehow it disappoints her because Tiffany is no longer telling her anything that’s going on in her life. She feels like she’s not useful for her anymore.

 

Yoona sighs and gets up, “where are you going?” Tiffany asks.

 

“Looks like you don’t need me anymore, right? You no longer tell me what the hell is going on in your life. Like, there’s a gap between us now when you used to tell me anything—even the meaningless ones. So, I’ll be going now.”

 

“Don’t be like that. You know that’s not what I meant, Yoong. I just…”

 

Yoona doesn’t say anything, instead she just stares at Tiffany which scaring her a little bit.

 

“This is pretty sensitive and I don’t want you to judge me.”

 

“Oh my God, have I ever judged you after all this time? I’m still your bestfriend after you puked on me last year. I’m still your bestfriend even after you humiliated me in front of my crush two years ago in the club. I’m still your bestfriend after everything you did to me that CLEARY pissed me off.”

 

Tiffany lowers her head, realizing that what everything Yoona had said is true. Yoona never judge her, but still, this thing scares her. She’s afraid that Yoona would walk away from her life because Tiffany swear that she wouldn’t find someone like Yoona—as a best friend of course. Yoona leans herself against the doorway, still looking at Tiffany who wouldn’t look at her.

 

“So are you going to tell me or not?”

 

“Fine.” Tiffany finally looks at Yoona, still scared. “I’ll tell you.”

 

A smile appears in Yoona’s face as she approaches Tiffany and sits next to the brunette.

 

“What is it?”

 

“I’m a lesbian and I’m in love with a girl who usually comes to my café.”

 

/

 

The day is getting colder day by day, making Krystal to snuggle her sister more often at night. A duvet wouldn’t enough for her and she said she need her sister’s warmth. It only made Jessica rolled her eyes although she smiled at her sister’s behavior.

 

They are in the dining room, munching their food in silence as Jessica keep reading something in her laptop for her assignment. This is one of Jessica’s habit; eating with a laptop beside the plate and Krystal doesn’t like it. She has told her older sister not to eating with gadgets around, but she never listen to it. Is it that hard to enjoy your food and not holding gadgets for a mere ten or twenty minutes while you’re eating?

 

Krystal is slowly getting used by it and doesn’t complain anymore—well, she does that occasionally but Jessica never budge it.

 

While the little sister wash the dishes, she bring up the same question that Jessica always answer with the same one; later.

 

“When are you gonna introduce Tiffany to me?”

 

But this time, Jessica answer it differently.

 

I haven’t met her since few days ago. I don’t know where she went, though.

 

“She wasn’t in her café?”

 

Jessica nods as she sips her hot chocolate that Krystal just made for her.

 

“That’s odd, isn’t it?”

 

Something must have upset her in the café. Either it’s someone or some thing, don’t you think?

 

The older sister decides to text Tiffany about it. Jessica doesn’t realize that she began to care about Tiffany’s presence in the cafe when she never care about it before. She only recognized Yuri and didn’t give a damn about everyone else as long as she has her usual beverage and her pilled up assignments on the table. It was before Yuri introduced her to Tiffany.

 

But here she is, with a phone in her hand, texting the missing girl, concerning.

 

/

 

It has been two weeks since Tiffany is missing in the café. Nor Jessica or Yuri knows where the owner went. She doesn’t reply to Jessica’s text and the blond girl almost insane; dying to know—or see—the owner of her favorite café.

 

She slumps in her sofa while her eyes are glued to the screen of her television. Krystal went to a party and probably would be home tomorrow.

 

The room is quiet after Jessica turned the television off. She feels uneasy for some reasons. Either it’s about Krystal partying at her friend’s place and not coming home tonight or about Tiffany. She refused to feel that way about Tiffany, but deep down, she knows that it’s the reason she’s anxious.

 

She wants Krystal to go home, but it’s been awhile since the younger girl went out to a party and she doesn’t want to ruin her fun, but she really need an accompany tonight.

 

Instead of calling Yuri or someone, she grabs a bottle of wine and drinks it until she feels better with the loneliness that night.

 

/

 

“Come on, Tiffany. I’m pretty sure she’s waiting for you in the café.”

 

Tiffany buries her face on the pillow, slightly murmuring something that Yoona couldn’t comprehend.

 

“She won’t. After all, she has Yuri who could accompany her.”

 

“Yuri is working there, not babysitting her and you know that.” Without looking at Yoona, Tiffany knows that the other girl was rolling her eyes before pulling her shirt again to get up and meet Jessica in the café. “In the bright side, she ing texted you!”

 

But Tiffany doesn’t give a response that Yoona wanted.

 

“Come on, Tiffany. You’re not a kid anymore. Face her and say it to her that you love her.”

 

“It’s not as easy as you just said it to me, Yoona. I don’t even know if—”

 

“She is a lesbian or a biual. Yeah, I know and you’ve said that million times already, but at least just meet her after two weeks you avoid her.”

 

This time, Tiffany looks at Yoona who’s looking back at her with a small smile in the corner of her lips. “Trust me. You will do fine, Tiff.”

 

“If I don’t, you owe me drinks. Deal?”

 

“And vice versa. Now get up and get yourself dressed.”

 

/

 

Tiffany hesitantly opens the door that made the bell clangs, making all of the people inside the café to turn their head to Tiffany. Yuri who saw her behind the bar smiles, giving her a sign to come closer. Tiffany obeys and walks closer to Yuri.

 

“Where you been? You didn’t send me a text or anything.”

 

“I was…busy.”

 

Yuri doesn’t believe that but she doesn’t ask anything more about it because she thinks it may be a personal matter and she doesn’t need to know that. As soon as she saw Yoona, she blushes when Yoona winked at her.

 

“By the way, Jessica was looking for you.”

 

Tiffany’s ears perk up hearing that name. “Really? Is she here now?”

 

“In her usual place.”

 

Yoona pats Tiffany’s , signing her to approach her, but Tiffany is giving her a face that she doesn’t want to. Yoona pinches her hard until she grimace and follow Yoona’s order.

 

Her steps are heavy although she is dying to see the blond girl. Half of her is happy because she can finally see a figure whose she missed dearly, but half of her also hurt remembering when an image of Jessica hugging a guy. For some reason, Jessica is already looking up like she has been waiting since the bell clang, hoping that it was Tiffany and it’s true.

 

A smile creeps out in the corner of Jessica’s lips while Tiffany is now smiling from ear to ear. Jessica is pretty with a smile on her face. Her smile makes Tiffany feel warm just by seeing it and somehow it eases all the worries in Tiffany. She no longer remember that Jessica hugged a guy and made Tiffany broken-hearted for the entire week. Tiffany feels so freaking happy just by seeing Jessica’s figure and how she wish she could embrace her, but she know she couldn’t do that.

 

But God hears her pray and He made Jessica gets up and hugs Tiffany just like what she wanted. Tiffany has never been a religious person but she just thanked Him for making this happen. 

 

 

 

TBC