Mornings

Married Life [Neo]

Word Count: 2,400
Rating: PG (suggested adult themes but pretty much just straight fluff)


 

Only the soft billowing of the door’s curtain, riding the faint current of the morning breeze, filled the bedroom; not even Hakyeon’s breathing reached the attentive shells of Taekwoon’s ears.

 

Taekwoon had been laying there since the first signs of dawn, roused awake by the cats to feed them. When he had slipped back into bed, the cream sheets draped along the long, caramel frame of Hakyeon, he couldn’t bring himself to sleep again. It wasn’t often he could lay there and watch Hakyeon in his most restful form.

 

Over the past month since they got married, Hakyeon had started the new year at his current job: an elementary school gym teacher. As much as he knew Hakyeon loved it, coming home with stories of all of the children and their silly episodes, it was certainly tiring. Each night Hakyeon would be knocked out by nine, deep into sleep while Taekwoon sat beside him on the bed and read.

Taekwoon was taking his time in finding a job. He wasn’t in any rush to start anew, finding an occasional inspiration of writing a song and either selling it to Wonshik or other close contacts in the industry.

This wasn’t sustainable though, since Taekwoon spent months on any given song and even pressing the send file on the computer made him too anxious, his work so personal he felt like his heart was in cyberspace, exposed and open to the public.

In truth, it was because Taekwoon’s most recent set of songs had all been based on his relationship with Hakyeon. The fans had come to their own conclusions, the moment they heard Wonshik’s artists were releasing a song written and composed by Taekwoon, that the romantic lyrics were meant for one other person in the world.

Since that was too embarrassing, Taekwoon also knew he should take his time in figuring out what he wanted to commit his time to. For now, he just joined a local soccer league that worked with the youth.

 

Taekwoon’s ever watchful eyes scanned over Hakyeon’s sleeping features, his hand rising up to brush the back of his knuckles over his husband’s cheek. He was beautiful, so beautiful.

This swelling of love inflated his chest and made it hard to breathe for a passing moment--love suffocation. That’s what Taekwoon named this feeling. He was all too often suffocated by the love he felt for the man before him.

The light brush of soft fingers was enough to finally draw open Hakyeon’s eyes, lashes fluttering as he met Taekwoon’s gaze, a smile immediately drawing up the corners of his lips.

Truth be told he had woken up when his husband had gotten up to feed their furry kids, sleep disrupted by the shifting weight on the bed and lack of a warm body pressed against him, but he hadn’t opened his eyes. He loved the way he could feel Taekwoon’s gaze on him as he “slept”, feeling the warmth radiating over his body without needing to see it, finding far more comfort in that than any number of blankets he was wrapped in.

Pulling his hand from beneath the pillow where it was tucked, Hakyeon wrapped his fingers around Taekwoon’s, their hands lacing together perfectly as he brought them to his mouth and kissed the back of Taekwoon’s hand, “Mmm...good morning, my Taekwoonie.”

This was his favorite part of every day, more than going to a job to his loved, more than returning home to his husband, more than their love-making, more than their goodnight kisses. Hakyeon treasured every morning he got to wake up and see Taekwoon next to him.

“Morning,” Taekwoon’s voice filtered through the air as warm as the dawning sun. A smile took hold of his lips as he watched Hakyeon slowly rise.

Hakyeon released their hands only to rub the sleep from his eyes, sitting up and shaking his head like a pup as the sheets fell away from his body; his hair always had to look immaculate, eyes crossing as he looked up and brushed his fingers across his bangs.

One of Taekwoon’s old t-shirts he wore as a sleep shirt hung loosely off his shoulder, his thin frame unable to fill out the material as wonderfully as Taekwoon’s broad body did.

Hakyeon had begun stealing shirts when they had first started dating. Taekwoon decided a few months in to give up on telling Hakyeon to invest in some real pajamas and not some ratty old shirts, giving them all to him instead.

“Did you dream about me again? You know it’s cheating if you dream of anyone else.” Hakyeon remarked once every chestnut-hued strand was in its proper place.

Hakyeon’s smile crinkled the corners of his eyes still swollen from sleep, knowing that he would never actually be mad if Taekwoon had dreams of other’s because that’s all it was, only a dream.

Hakyeon swore he was living in one sometimes, but his dream was now his reality.

Taekwoon quite frankly stated, “Maybe. I don’t remember my dream so it could’ve been about anyone.”

That earned him an immediate chop to his neck, causing a snort to leave him as Taekwoon was fully aware he deserved that. To make up for his taunt, Taekwoon gently scooped Hakyeon up into his arms, sliding him the few inches across the mattress separating them.

Hakyeon was still warm, his exposed shoulder exuding such a perfect heat that Taekwoon felt a small shiver tip-toe down his spine. He planted his nose right against his soft skin, inhaling Hakyeon’s natural scent slowly into his lungs, giving himself life.

He loved Hakyeon’s scent in the mornings. It was when he smelled most like the creation he was born to be--an indescribable comfort that Taekwoon could recall even when miles apart.

Hakyeon couldn’t stop the small gasp that passed between his lips or the tingling sensation that drew goosebumps to the surface of his skin when Taekwoon put his face so close to his sensitive neck; he wouldn’t have wanted to anyways. Being cradled by Taekwoon like this, feeling him so close, was where he felt safest.

“How’d you sleep?” Taekwoon thought to ask as he pulled back enough to cast his loving gaze over him.

If either of them had dreams, it was Hakyeon who could recount the elaborate details. Taekwoon enjoyed hearing his full night of adventures, listening closely to the worlds Hakyeon painted from his memory.

Of course there were occasions Hakyeon simply said he dreamed of Taekwoon and him; they were swimming in the ocean or living together in a countryside house with their children playing in the backyard.

His fingertips traced lightly across the expanse of Taekwoon’s forearms, admiring the pale skin with his gentle touch, “I had quite the interesting dream.”

Hakyeon knew that’s what Taekwoon was anticipating, what he was wanting to hear, one of his stories about an extravagant adventure that only his mind could create.

“We were part of the circus, performing inside of a large, grand tent like you see in all the movies, and it was a full house! We were the act everyone was most anticipating, I could feel the crowd buzzing as they waited for us to perform.”

Hakyeon’s chocolate-brown eyes lifted to meet the even deeper shade of Taekwoon’s, the corners of his mouth curling up in quite the mischievous manner, “I was dressed in a marvelous suit with long coattails, complete with a top hat. And…”

His voice lowered, shifting himself to lean up enough so he could whisper the next words delicately into Taekwoon’s ear, fully emphasizing each syllable, “I had a whip.”

The amount of heat that captured the entire surface of Taekwoon’s face was embarrassing, his eyes quickly averting down. No matter how long he’d been with Hakyeon, he was still reserved and shy about discussing his deeper desires.

Once Hakyeon saw the exceptionally rosy color creeping across Taekwoon’s cheeks, his smile stretched more before continuing, “You were my big, strong, scary lion. You had sharp teeth…” Hakyeon’s hand lifted to draw his thumb across Taekwoon’s lower lip tentatively, as if there were actually pointy canines ready to strike out at him, “and a thick mane that was darker than the night sky.”

As Hakyeon’s hand drifted upwards, his fingers curled into the layered, ebony strands of Taekwoon’s shoulder length hair, carding through it as his nails gently scraped along his skull in the way Hakyeon knew Taekwoon was fond of though he had never admitted it.

“That was weird,” Taekwoon stated, the warmth inhabiting his cheeks slowly subsiding. That was how he usually described Hakyeon’s dreams, with a few exceptions, even if he enjoyed listening to them.

Taekwoon couldn’t meet Hakyeon’s eyes still, the shivers at the back of his neck from Hakyeon’s not helping in sedating his sheepish state. He couldn’t stop thinking about that whip.

Swallowing back the dryness in his throat, his cheeks then puffed out before they deflated into a sigh. He unraveled himself carefully from Hakyeon’s warmth.

“I’m going to make breakfast,” he announced, deciding this was his best plan of escape.

Just because it was Saturday didn’t mean there weren’t errands to tend to; they couldn’t stay in bed all day. That could be left for tomorrow.

“Nuh uh, not so fast, dear.” There was no chance Hakyeon had missed the way Taekwoon couldn’t look at him, the way the blush had lingered far more than usual on his pale cheeks; he knew exactly what was going through Taekwoon’s mind.

His arms were quickly around Taekwoon’s neck, pressing himself back up against Taekwoon in an attempt to trap him; Hakyeon knew Taekwoon was capable of easily overpowering him, but he tried nonetheless, “I didn’t get my good morning kiss.”

Hakyeon’s lower lip protruded out, trying a lighter approach as he tried to think of his next tactic, the next play he was going to make to see that delicious color paint Taekwoon’s cheeks again.

Taekwoon's eyes finally landed on Hakyeon and remained on him for an amount of time enough for him to think this through. If he said no, he'd get pulled into one anyway.

So he complied, leaning in to plant the tiniest kiss in the world against Hakyeon's lips. Then he continued to try and make his escape again.

“Do you not love me as much anymore, is that it, huh? Do you not like kissing me? Is that all you can spare for me, the man you married?”

Okay, so maybe Hakyeon was being a little over-dramatic but he knew just how to tug on the strands of Taekwoon’s guilt, to pluck his fingers over just the right ones to have Taekwoon complying to what Hakyeon really wanted without making him completely miserable. It worked for Taekwoon stopped his movements to stare down at Hakyeon.

This time Hakyeon twisted his body so he could lock his legs around Taekwoon’s waist, settling into the koala-like hold he had secured Taekwoon in, “I want my real good morning kiss, Jung Taekwoon.”

His voice was stern, though not entirely threatening. Hakyeon had never been good at appearing threatening and no one had ever taken him seriously, especially any of the members. Even now, all these years later, when they would meet up he would still continue to  get ridiculed no matter how many times he swore to end their lives.

Hakyeon tried to muster up an expression to match his face, his mouth pulled into a tight-lipped, straight line, but there was no extinguishing the playfulness he always carried in his eyes.

The tiniest sound of a sigh left his lips, no amount of cuddles or love-making subduing the stress Taekwoon felt when Hakyeon used his carefully thought-out methods. He never had much of a resistance to Hakyeon in the first place, which was probably why he was somehow pulled into this marriage.

Of course Taekwoon suddenly swept in, his arms closing around Hakyeon’s head to cradle him gently. His lips found Hakyeon’s with such ease, like it was apparent their mouths were made to come together and embrace. As he pressed into the kiss, his hips naturally fell more heavily between the pair of legs hooking him in.

With a soft sigh pressed along with his lips in returning Taekwoon’s kiss, Hakyeon figured he could be nice and let his husband go and make them a delicious breakfast; the shifting weight though gave him another idea.

Hakyeon’s hands threaded their way into Taekwoon’s long hair again, breaking the kiss first to smile warmly at Taekwoon as he began massaging his scalp once more. "Why are you in such a rush to get out of bed? My birthday is coming up you know.”

“It’s not for another two months,” Taekwoon countered quickly. He should know better by now though that Hakyeon always made it a big deal to plan for his birthday far in advance.

As expected, Hakyeon ignored his statement. The cheshire-like grin returned to his face in placement of his friendlier smile, that twinkling gleam of desire sparking in Hakyeon’s eyes again, “I know exactly what I want for a present this year, Taekwoonie...my strong lion.”

"Don't call me that," Taekwoon dropped his head, his hair slipping down freely as Hakyeon slid his hands out of his jet black tresses. The heat fumed through Taekwoon's cheeks, only lifting his gaze again when he felt Hakyeon move.

 

With his elbows secured around Taekwoon’s neck, Hakyeon lifted himself partway up to bring their lips so close that there was only a sliver of air between them, “We can even go pick one out together. Maybe a few other fun things as well?”

His voice had lost its playful, teasing edge from the retelling of his dream earlier. This time Hakyeon’s words were laced with desire.

The gulp Taekwoon just did was visible as well as audible, his mind branching off from those words. "Other fun things? You mean...?"

If Hakyeon was suggesting what he thought he was, he might as well call it quits now and ask for a divorce--otherwise his life expectancy was going to shorten about twenty years.

When Hakyeon nodded, his smile so devious and so close to Taekwoon that he could feel it, he laughed out quietly; he supposed he could live a shorter life if it meant enjoying it to the fullest with Hakyeon.

Hakyeon closed the last of the distance for another promising kiss, arching his hips up into Taekwoon's. Small moans left them both, the noises falling into each other just like they did--sweet, deep and completely consumed by one another.


We've both been pretty tired these last couple weeks so we apologize if this isn't our best work ;; We are adament about sticking to our goal of updating this on hte 15th of every month. Bless J for helping to fix my messy replies because my muse has been gone for the last week so it's been a struggle for me to write >< J save me

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @starkunfics ~C