Thank you and good bye

Gold Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I ran away from that house to... wherever my feet led me. The adrenaline hit me and I ran faster. Left the car behind but I couldn't care less; I didn't know I could be this fast, not even playing soccer.

I didn't watch where I was going and where did I step. Well, at that time, I didn't care if I got hit by a truck... Living without her felt so wrong.

When I finally got tired from running, I stopped in front of a tree. I threw myself on the floor, too breathless to care. Leaves and dirt were sticking to my body, my face and my clothes, but I just wanted to stay there... I got completely wet for the rain, I was soaking. When I finally regained my breath I stood up and stared at the tree in front of me.

Our initials were carved there.

A sob escaped from my throat. J + J inside a heart. I remember telling her it was too cheesy but she still asked me to do it, since she didn't have the strength enough to do it. I was so in love with her, she could ask me to jump off a bridge and I would do it for sure. If it was for her sake, then it was more than fine for me. But seems like she didn’t trust me… how could she lie about her health?

I felt betrayed.

I stood up and started walking again, trying to find how to get out of the forest. While walking I saw the little red bridge where Jungshin used to feed the fishes, before crossing it, I heard my name being called.

“Jeongguk.”  I turned around to see her sister, holding a black umbrella, a letter and a notebook on her other hand. “Wait.” She approached me, covering me from the rain.

“How did you find me?” I asked.

“I followed you… but that doesn’t matter now. Jungshin… she told me to give you this after she died. It’s a letter she wrote for you and her diary.”

Her diary? She always told me she wouldn’t write something like that.

“Please, take care of them. Don’t let it get wet.” She gave me the umbrella and everything else.

“B-but wait, you-”

“Don’t worry.” She started running towards her home, while I started walking towards mine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter