Epilogue: Everyday Love

This Isn't It, Without You.

CHANGE IN POV FORMAT.

FIRST PARA: HYUN

SECOND PARA: YONG

OTHERS: AUTHOR

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You call my name

“Let’s go back”

What did he just say

It makes me shiver

The story begins

It’s one of those nights. I miss you. I find myself reaching for the box under my bed. I wiped the dust off and sat on my bed. I took a deep breath and opened it. I smiled sadly looking at pictures of us together; our amusement park date during WGM, our secret dates at Han River and more. I grabbed the small box at the corner and opened it. It was still shining brightly. I took the ring out, one half of a set of couple rings. I started tearing and realized how much I missed you. I closed my eyes and prayed for a sign to help me calm my sad heart. I opened my eyes and tears fell. I wore the ring and grabbed my phone. I just unlocked my phone when it vibrated notifying me of a new message received. I opened my inbox and saw a text from an unsaved number, a number that I recognized even though I did not save it. It was you. I was shocked, but I was happy that you were thinking of me. I took a deep breath and opened the text. “I wish you were here. I miss you.” I did not believe what I was reading. What did he just say? I did not understand. I read it again. “I wish you were here. I miss you.” Is this it? Is this the sign I asked for? Is this a sign that we should start our story again? I began typing. Send.

Every day you’re in my heart

We’ll be closer

I wish upon a star

Let me see you in my dreams

An unstoppable feeling is coming

I did not expect a reply, but when I heard my phone ring and my heart stopped. Was it her? I took my phone and slowly opened the text. ”Every day you’re in my heart” I froze. What did she mean? Did she miss me too? Every night I wished for us to be close together than far apart. I missed you so much that I hoped to see you in my dreams. I began to type, but I did not know what to say. How should I express my feelings to the one I have loved all this time? I felt lost and also frustrated with myself. This was the moment I have been waiting for and I could not bring myself to find the right words to say to you. Another text came. “Let’s meet” My heart started to race. Was I seeing things or did she ask to meet me? I was nervous, but I knew what I wanted, or rather, needed to do. I needed her back. I needed my love light back in my life. I need you back in my life. I typed a reply. “Garden” Send. I grabbed my jacket and left immediately.

To you every day love

Yes, stay by my side

We don’t need a promise

As usual, forever we’ll look up to the sky together

She was sitting on the bench, fiddling with the keychain on her phone when he arrived. He saw how the moonlight reflected off her face, revealing her beautiful face. He tried taking a step forward, but he could not. He was afraid of her and her questions. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and began making his way towards her. She heard footsteps coming towards her. Her heart began to race. She turned to face the man that was the cause of all her tears and sadness. She stood up and her eyes looking into his eyes, following them until he was right in front of her. She could not stop it, tears started to flow. The man she missed so much, the man who never failed to take her breath away, just like he did now.

“Hyun… Joohyun…” he said with tears threatening to fall. He wanted to wipe away her tears, take her into his arms, and tell her how sorry he was to stupidly let her go. He looked at her dearly and took her hand.

“Seo Joohyun. I’m sorry,” he said with tears streaming down his face, “I should’ve fought for you. I shouldn’t have let you go. I’ve missed you, Hyun. These past few years without you have been miserable. Please forgive me, Hyun.” She looked at him, wondering whether he was telling the truth or not.

“Did he really miss me like I did? Was he really as miserable as I was?” she asked herself. She looked at him, and could not bear seeing the tears on his face. She let go of his hand and reached out to wipe his tears. That was when she saw the ring on her finger. She was reminded of all the times they were together. She looked at his face; she looked into his eyes and saw the sincerity. She buried her face in his neck, her tears wetting his neck and jacket. She started hitting his chest.

“You left me. You told me you wouldn’t, but you left me. All this time, I loved you and I missed you so much.” She sobbed while hitting his chest. He hugged her tightly, never wanting to let her go anymore.

“I’m sorry, Hyun. I’m here. I won’t leave you ever again. I promise you. I promise I won’t leave you, if you choose stay by my side,” He said while hugging her, “Please stay by my side, my love.” She stopped hitting his chest and just stayed in his embrace for a while. She let go of him and looked at him.

“We don’t need a promise like this, Yong. I’ll stay by your side, as will you. I won’t leave you, as won’t you. As usual, we’ll look up to the skies together and always love each other” She looked at him lovingly, wiping the tears from his face, and brushing his hair to side so she could see his beautiful brown eyes. He took her hands and kissed them. He looked at her and leaned forward, and landed on her lips. He broke the kiss and took off the necklace he was wearing. She noticed that he had worn their couple ring around his neck. He took out the ring and wore it on his finger. He looked at her and pulled her into his embrace. They stayed that way, both understanding that the words “I Love You” would never be enough to express how they felt about each other.