First Day

What Took You So Long?

I was nervous the next time I saw her, but she acted like nothing had happened, and never mentioned it. I didn’t know how to talk about it, so I never brought it up.

 

About a month later, I heard a tapping at my window again. Chorong unnie was outside, crouched in the darkness.

“Hey baby! Can I come in?”

 

I guess she was ready for more. Half an hour later, she rolled off of me, and was back out the window. “Don’t tell anybody…”

 

And so it went. Every couple of weeks or so, Chorong unnie would tap on my window, and then go down on me until she came. Sometimes she would come before me, and leave me unsatisfied. She would teach me something new every now and again. She taught me how to pleasure her orally, how to rub her s without hurting them. Despite this, however, she wouldn’t even let me kiss her.

 

At the beginning of the next school year, I joined her at the local high school, where she was in the in crowd. I was a little bit nervous about the first day. I was a skinny little Freshman who didn’t hang out with the cool crowd, and was generally considered an outcast. A prime target for bullies who made themselves feel big by putting others down. I shuffled from class to class, before heading to lunch. I sat down out in the courtyard, away from everyone else, and began to eat my sandwich.

 

“Hey.”

 

I looked up.

 

S**t.  

 

The guy was shaped like a refrigerator, and about the same size. He wore a t-shirt that proclaimed him to be a soccer player. About 5 yards behind him was a group of about half a dozen other popular kids.

 

Great, I figured. I’m going to get hassled by them on my first day. I looked back down at my food.

 

He glanced round at his friends, who had shaped up in a semi-circle behind him.

 

“I said, ‘hey’.” He said, a little more emphatically.

 

I looked back up. I sighed inwardly. “Yes?”

 

“You don’t want to eat by yourself, come with us.”

 

I blinked a couple of times. “Ummm, no…. I’m fine here.”

 

“Naw, you’re coming with us.” He reached down, grabbed my arm, and hauled me to my feet, spilling part of my lunch. By this time, we had gathered a little crowd around us.

 

I glanced around, hoping to find an adult who could save me from what I was sure was a fate worse than death.

 

His next move gave me pause. “Sorry about that.” He reached down and gathered the food that he had spilled in one massive hand. “Well you don’t want that now 5 second rule, ya know? I’ve got some you can have.”

 

He draped a massive arm around my shoulders, and guided me into the crowded lunchroom. An open table beckoned to us.

 

“This is where we sit.” He plopped down, and I sat with the rest of his crew, nervously glancing around, waiting to see what would happen. Glancing around, I could see all the other Freshmen were watching, and trying not to be too obvious about it. What was the loner loser doing with the popular kids?

 

They pretty much ignored me for the next 10 minutes while they wolfed down their lunches. Every now and again, they would pass me some food they didn’t want.

 

“Eat. You’re too skinny.”

 

I was sitting there in a confused daze. I was certain that there was some practical joke going on here. Finally, the massive guy who had first approached me turned to me. Here it comes, I thought.

 

“So you’re Chorong’s neighbor, right?”

 

I breathed a sigh of relief to myself. “Yeah.”

 

“Cool.”

 

“Hey,” someone across the table leaned towards me. “Can you hook me up with that? That girl is fiiiinnnnneeeee.”

 

“Um, well, I, umm…”

 

The rest of the table burst out laughing.

 

“Suho, give it up man, she ain’t going for you. You’re too short man”

 

“Hey man, you don’t know, she might! Height is just a number you know. ” He turned back to me. “So waddaya say, you gonna hook me up?”

 

“I’ll see what I can do.” I lamely said.

 

“Alright” he said, and grabbed my hand. He performed a little routine with our hands. I just stared at it, and the rest of the table burst out laughing.

 

“Hey! Have you ever seen her ?”

 

“What?????” This time, the table broke up with howls of laughter.

 

I thought to myself. Honesty might be the best policy, and it would probably shut them all up if I told them we had been going down on each other for the past 4 months, but there was no way I could do that.

 

“Ummmmm. I don’t think so.”

 

“Oh come on. You telling me you’ve never peeked in her window while she was changing? I’d be camped outside her window every night. Hey, can I come over to your house to watch her change?”

 

“Umm, no…. I don’t think that I could do that…”

 

The rest of the table broke down laughing.

 

“Alright man, leave the kid alone, she ain’t no . Come on Suho, you’re going to corrupt her.”

 

Suho just winked at me. “Naw kid, I’m just messing with you. She's still fine, though.”

 

“Hey, so Chorong says that you’re really good with computers, is that true?” a pretty girl from across the table asked me

 

I spent the rest of the lunch helping one of the girls with her laptop, and talking video games with them.

 

It was actually kind of nice, and I found myself re-appraising my opinions of popular kids in general.

 

Sure, they were cool, and they played soccer or sang or danced or whatnot, but there was more to them than just that. My friends and I had always just dismissed popular kids as one-dimensional, but these people sure weren’t.

 

One was also the class valedictorian, and was weighing offers from several high ranked colleges. Another played bass, and another wrote for the school newspaper.

 

As I left, they took my phone number and told me to join them again the next day.

 

That night, there was a knock at my window.

 

Chorong unnie was outside. “How was your first day?”

 

“Fine.” I replied. “I met a bunch of people at lunch.”

 

“I told them to take care of you, I’m glad.”

 

“Suho wants me to put in a good word for him with you. He thinks you’re fine.”

 

She laughed. “Suho thinks every girl is fine. I’m not messing with him, he’s already got a kid, and I don’t want any baby mama drama. His girlfriend would cut me.”

 

She climbed in the window, and started pulling her shorts off…