Alternate Reunion (Bed Scene)

Sweet Daydream Extras!

a/n: When I first wrote the reunion scene, I couldn't decide if I wanted it to take place in bed since Veronica had been having issues sleeping, I thought it might be cool for her to wake up beside him, or go with what ended up being in the story of him just showing up, so I wrote both out and decided. I went with him just showing up and sadly I feel it ended up being the worst chapter in the whole story. It may have been different with this version, I'll let you decide. The first half is pretty much the same.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Young Saeng hey! Long time no see!” Alex said, pulling him into a hug.

Young Saeng smiled and nodded, he introduced the rest of the members when he noticed Chanti and he smiled, bowing.

“Hello!” He said.

Chanti smiled and bowed as well, “It’s great to see you Young Saeng, I’m so glad you’re here!”

He nodded, “Me too, oh, I’d like you to meet the rest of the guys,” he said and introduced her.

Jung Min took a particular interest and Chanti blushed.

“Ok let’s get your bags and get everyone loaded in,” Alex announced.

After they all got their bags from baggage claim, they all loaded into Alex’s truck and took off for the hotel. Once there they were checked into their rooms, Young Saeng dropped his bag and suitcase off and turned to look at Alex and Chanti.

“I have to see her, I cannot wait,” he stated firmly.

Chanti and Alex smiled.

“I understand, I don’t know if she’s awake,” Chanti said, looking at her cell phone. “It’s around eleven now, so it’s tricky. Veronica doesn’t…sleep, not really. She gets maybe 3-4 hours of sleep a night, she won’t really explain, just says she can’t relax. It’s been like this the last three months. She’s in a constant state of exhaustion, I don’t know how she does it.”

Young Saeng sighed, it sounded strangely familiar.

“She won’t say it, but I think it has to do with you,” Chanti announced.

Young Saeng looked up at her.

“If she’s asleep, go help her to stay asleep,” Chanti pleaded, walking over to him and handing him Veronica’s spare apartment key just as before with the birthday surprise.

They all headed out, leaving the other members to get settled in. Alex arrived at Veronica’s and Young Saeng stared at the building, his heart pounding. It’d taken three months to get back here and he was nervous, painfully nervous.

“Here, take this, listen to it with V, it’s very important. She’ll know what it is, whatever you do, don’t let her turn it off, you have to listen to all of it,” Alex said firmly.

Young Saeng blinked but nodded. He got out and waved bye to Alex and Chanti and headed up. No lights were on, he knocked and waited, he knocked three more times, but still nothing. He took a breath, unlocked the door and made his way inside, he was immediately assaulted with the memories from three months ago. He took his shoes and coat off and turned, making his way down the hall.

He stopped by her door, no light came from underneath, signaling that she was more than likely asleep. Slowly he turned the knob and carefully opened the door, poking his head in. He saw her laying there, under the covers. He heard her moan softly, thrashing a bit, she rolled to her side. His body was trembling from the longing to touch her, he made his way in, shutting the door gently.

Young Saeng made his way around the bed and looked down at her, his eyes widened and welled up when he saw she was wearing the shirt he’d left for her. He took a breath and climbed onto the bed, grabbing the throw blanket and spread it out over him and scooted in close and was hit with the familiar scent that was all hers. She moaned again, her eyes fluttering, she whimpered softly and he moved in even closer. He could literally feel her stress, her agitation. He ached to hold her, but he didn’t want to wake her, she was already having a hard enough time.

Veronica frowned a bit and he leaned in, resting his head on her pillow, right in front of her. Gently, he slid his hand over her hip over the covers and moved in as close to her as he could and he could feel her body instantly relax, the tension dissipating and a soft sigh escaped her lips. For some reason, tears started to fall from his eyes, his body also seemed to recognize her presence and a calmness swept over him. He pulled away slightly to see a tear make it’s way down her cheek as well and he knew it was the same for her. He lowered his head and a few seconds later fell into the best sleep he’d had in months.

~~~

She opened her eyes sleepily, feeling strangely rested somehow, she hadn’t slept that well in months. Veronica looked ahead, there he was, she smiled a bit, he looked so peaceful. That would explain why she slept well. It was time to get up obviously, she wouldn’t be getting anymore sleep, she turned her head to see that it was nine am.

Nine?!

Veronica never slept that late anymore, she couldn’t. She turned her head and was surprised to still see Young Saeng there, that never happened. Veronica went to sit up, when his eyes opened suddenly and he stared at her and smiled. She stared at him, this dream was different any others, he seemed so much more tangible.

“Hello,” he said softly.

She blinked, he spoke, he never spoke, the dreams were reaching a whole new level.

“H-hi,” she said.

He closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again, “I really missed you,” he whispered sleepily.

“I’ve really missed you too, it was like…no it’s like I can’t breathe, I feel like I’m drowning all the time.”

Young Saeng frowned.

“I-I hurt so much with you gone Young Saeng, my heart,” she sighed, tears starting to stream down her cheeks. “You’re always there, but I can’t reach you…” She stopped when his hand came out suddenly, moving towards her face.

‘Not again…’  she thought.

She closed her eyes and waited for the silence, for the few seconds and anticipation of the touch that never came…only this time…it did. Veronica felt the press of his thumb then his hand on her cheek, her eyes flew open, he was till there.

“Mianhae Veronica, I’m sorry,” he whispered as he wiped at her tears.

He was touching her, she could feel him, but how? She closed her eyes again and opened them, again and again and yet, he was still there. It was a dream right? If he could touch her, did that mean…?

Her heart pounded painfully in her chest, she reached out, her hand trembling. She gasped when her fingertips came in contact with his soft skin, tears fell faster.

“O-oh my…what’s happening?”

Young Saeng frowned, “Veronica?”

She brought her other hand up, cupping his face.

“H-hey, Veronica…” Young Saeng  frowned deeper, covering her hands with his and her face collapsed.

“Y-Young Saeng, is this real? Are y-you h-here?” She said brokenly.

He nodded, his eyes welling up.

“Young Saeng!” she whimpered.

Struggling, she kicked the blankets and covers off and scooted close, wrapping her arms around him, she pulled him against her, he was real. A broken sob escaped her and she held him tight, crying openly, hard against him.

“I-I can’t believe you’re here,” she moaned, hugging him as hard as she could.

Veronica felt his arms wrap around her, one hand slid up, pressing her head deeper into the crook of his neck.

“Shh…I’m here Veronica,” he said softly, his voice weak with emotion.

“Don’t…don’t disappear, please…”

“Ani, I’m here, I’m right here,” he whispered, rubbing her back gently.