1/2

Cover Ups
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

She just looked at him from a far. Holding back her words. Swallowing back the lump that's seemed to be stuck in forever. She let out a long and shaky sigh.

 

"Happy Golden Anniversary Mom and Dad!!" she heard Sungjin yelled at the other end of the garden, running towards his parents.

 

As much as she wanted to be happy on that night as they celebrates her in-law's wedding anniversary..

 

She can't.

 

She couldn't.

 

Not as she watch the two men in front of her throwing that stupid glances at each other.

 

"what's up?" worried Yoon Hee-her friend, asked.

 

"Yeah, what's up? What's with that look and long sigh? " Sunmi asked, a little worried too.

 

She knew, she had to keep it.. but.. she sighed again, turning her attention to her two and only friends she invited in the party. "How would you know if your husband is cheating on you?" a question she asked out of the blue. It was almost a whisper, but her two friends heard it clearly.

 

The two looked at each other- as if they already knew what's happening. In Sync, they looked at Sungmin.. "Is.. he still.. seeing.." then they looked at the man standing behind their friend's husband.

 

Of course, Polin thought. Of course they will suspect the two of them. Their relationship wasn't really a secret inside showbiz industry. But she denied it.. "No.. No.. it's not him.  It's not what you think.. really.  it's Dad.. Yeah.. it's Dad.." she was a little hesitant, that made YoonHee suspicious.

 

"You sure?"

 

She nodded.

 

Without thinking of her feelings getting hurt, Sunmi continued.. "'cause we saw the two of them in the skating rink 2 weeks ago.." and with a nod, YoonHee in confirmed.

 

"skating rink?" the wife squinted her eyes, as she recalled that last 2weeks, Sungmin indeed wasn't home. But she thought he went for a music video filming or photoshoot as what he would always say.

 

"Yeah.. Just the two of them.. Didn't he tell you?"

 

She felt betrayed. She knew she made Kyuhyun and Sungmin's relationship broken but she didn't expect Sungmin would go this far. As she heard her two friends described what the two of them wore and what the two did, she couldn't help but feel hurt. Which made her ask Why?

 

Shaking her head, she lied and said; " of course he told me, it's just that.. I forgot about it. He told me.. Yes.. " It was more on convincing herself.

 

There was an awkward Silence. Then Sunmi asked, "So you were asking?"

 

"How to know if your husband is cheating on you?" YonHee Finished.

 

With hesitation, She nodded her head.

 

"Let me Google that for you." Sunmi took out her phone and started jamming her fingers on it. "Ah~~ this one applies to husbands who has smartphones.  So Imma read it.. "

 

 

Number 1: He freaks out when you reach for his phone..

 

________

 

It was early in the Morning when Sungmin's phone rang and he was still inside the bathroom, knowing he wouldn't like it answering his phone calls, she knocked; "Hun, your phone is ringing. Want me to answer it?" 

 

But received no answer.

 

The call ends.. seconds have passed it rung to life again. 

 

Thinking it was something important; "I'm going to answer it hun, okay?" She loudly declared pressing the answer key.  "Hello? Oh? Kyuhyun-ah.." She doesn't know what to feel.

 

Of all people.

 

And why is his number not registered by the way?

 

"I didn't know you changed your number.. "

 

"What?" He sounded annoyed.

 

She smirked at herself. Yeah.. why would he save his other man's phone number? Thinking it's gonna hurt the latter, she still emphasized.  "yeah.. It's not registered yet.."

 

"Yah! Why are you touching my things?" She jumped off her feet when Sungmin yelled as soon as he got out the bathroom.

 

She could only shed tears as she saw him giving her that deadly glares, and slammed the door on her.

 

___________

 

Number 2: He keeps his cellphone on airplane mode.

________

 

They traveled back to Seoul soon after that so called honeymoon. It was Sungmin's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter