Chapter 28

Until You Stop Breathing

Chapter 28

“Ok guys” JB starts to say at dance practice as we’re all sitting in a circle. “As you know, we don’t have much time left until the dance competition. So, that means we will have longer practices.”

Groans

JB ignores the protesting and continues on with his speech. “You all must work very hard from now on until competition day because… I will be choosing a co-captain amongst you.”

Murmuring and whispering fill the room

A new co-captain?? I wonder who that will be?

“So, this should you give you all an incentive to try your very best-”

“When do we find out who the new co-captain is?” Jaewan asks interrupting JB. Eyes all look to the leader with dying curiosity.

“Soon enough. Alright, let’s not delay practice any more” JB says getting up ready to lead practice once more.

***

“If you keep working this hard I’m sure you will make co-captain” Jiseok tells me as we’re walking from the long dance practice at the studio. Such a long week of practice…

“Nahh, I doubt it. Besides I don’t want to be co-captain anyway” I confess.

“Ehh?? Why not?” Jiseok says turning his surprised face to look at me.

“I don’t have that much experience being on a team and it’s just too much responsibility.”

“That doesn’t mean anything _____. You’re right, it is a lot of responsibility. Which means I don’t just trust anyone to lead this team, but I trust you.”

“You do?” I say coming to a full stop.

“Ne, I do. I know that you’re quiet and probably don’t like being mean to people. However, I can tell that you have a great heart and because of that people like you. If people like and respect you, it’s easy to get them to follow you.”

“…”

“Besides, who else came up with the brilliant idea for our dance that will destroy Black List?” Jiseok questions smirking.

                Since when did Jiseok get all sentimental and emotional?

“But fear not! I’ll put in a good word to JB for you. So, don’t you worry my beautiful captain!” AAAAND he’s back to himself.

“You better not say anything!”

“Wae? What are you gonna do about it?” Jiseok tauntingly questions me while smirking.

                Not long after, I feel a light pain on my forehead. Did he? Did he just flick my forehead?

“Did you just flick my forehead?”

“Mehrong!!” Jiseok says sticking his tongue out.

                That’s it! I start taking off my black and green high top PUMA shoe and presume to throw it at him. As soon as Jiseok sees what I’m trying to do he starts running away. Before I can catch him, I feel a vibration in my back pocket. With my unlaced PUMA shoe in my left hand I grab my vibrating phone with my right hand and read the message.

Would you like to hang out tomorrow _______ssi?