Fate Or Irony

Xiuhan's Deer Shaped Baozis'

'Minseok observed himself in the full length mirror. Turning from one side to the other, running his hands over his stomach before lifting his shirt. Once again, he ran his hands down. There was a hint of panic that popped up in his mostly positive mindset. Minseok was sure he felt a slight raise on his body. Many thoughts were racing through his mind as he looked into the mirror.

This wouldn't happen because I'm eating too much..right? I'm sure I exercise regularly.. I also haven't had much of an appetite recently.. Along with this current sickness..

That thought made his eyes widen. It took him a moment to calm himself, not realizing his breath had quickened. Shaking his head, his lips curved upward.

There was no way.

Minseok put his shirt back down before checking the time on the clock. Seeing as there was time before Luhan would be coming back from work, he figured he would take this time to take a quick nap. There were some thoughts that weren't needed at the moment. Minseok ran a hand over his face, sighing as he laid facedown on the bed. He soon drifted off into a deep sleep.

★~Six Months Ago~★

"Minnie~! Have you and Lulu decided when you want to start a family? It's been so quiet around here." Minseok sighed for the nth time that evening, shaking his head at his mother.

"Mom.. I told you that for now, we're going to wait. It's still too early for that anyway. Besides, there are times when it isn't as quiet around here." Now it was time for Minseok's mother to shake her head with a grin.

"Yes, yes, I know. That's what you'v been saying for the past three years. I won't push you though, I just want to let you know-"

Minseok couldn't help but grin as well. "I know mom. You just can't wait to see more grandchildren. I'm surprised you're not sattisfied with Sohee, she is the one who makes it not so quiet."

"Oh Minnie, of course I am." she jokingly rolled her eyes, "I'd just be overjoyed to hear you two were expecting."

Minseok's grin faltered a bit but soon brightened up. "You will, not soon, but I promise, you will."

The two exchanged smiles as Minseok stood from the couch.

"I'll bring more snacks."

 ★~Two Months Ago~★

Luhan sighed as he followed Minseok into the bathroom. He pushed the hair from the older's face as he emptied his stomach of whatever small pportion of food he managed to eat. The younger rubbed Minseok's back until he leaned back with a hand over his mouth. Luhan helped him stand up, frowning slightly when the older swayed a bit. Once Minseok rinsed his mouth out with water, he leaned into Luhan as he was moved into their bed.

Luhan sat next to his ailing husband, running his hand through the soft strands of hair. His voice was filled with concern as he talked. "Minnie? Are you sure you don't want to go to a doctor? This is the tenth time you've had to throw up in the past week." Minseok groaned and rolled over, moving away from the comforting hand.

"No, I'm not going. Whatever is making me sick will go away in a couple of weeks. Probably the flu or something."

Luhan shook his head even though he knew Minseok didn't see him. "You've been saying that for the past two months."

There was no reply but a blanket being pulled over the older's head. A quick moment of silence passed before a sudden thought crossed Luhan's mind.

"Wait, wait. Minnie?"

A muffled, "What?" was heard through the cover.

"What if, just what if, there could be a chance you're probably p-"

Again, no reply but a pillow thrown at his head along with a glare. Once Minseok raised his hand and pointed to the door, Luhan knew this conversation was over.

At least for now.

★~One Week Ago~★

"Watch it Luhan. There is not a chance that I am." Minseok crossed his arms then proceeded to glare at Luhan.

Luhan raised his hands in a defensive position. "But just think for a moment. What if you are though?" He lowered his hands to mirror Minseok's position, though he wasn't glaring, he did have a stubborn expression on his face.

"Look." Minseok pointed to his midsection, a frown on his face. "There is absolutely no way, not a chance, that there is a baby in here." He then turned around, ready to enter their shared bedrroom but Luhan grabbed his hand before he could.

He opted to ignore the expression on Minseok's face. "But if there is a chance you could be pre-" At the sudden motion of Minseok taking his hand away, Luhan sighed.

"I. Am. Not. Pregnant." The, the door was slammed, effectively ending their conversation. When the lock clicked, Luhan knew he would be sleeping on the couch tonight.

★~Present~★

Minseok woke with a start. He blinked a couple of times, his eyesight blurry. Minseok ran a hand over his face before checking the time. Seeing as there was still 20 minutes left before Luhan would be coming home, he figured he should start dinner. But, there was a lingering thought that wouldn't stop bothering him.

Why think of this now? I am pretty sure that I'm not pregnant..at least I think so.

Minseok let out a deep sigh. There was only one way to clear this up. He swung his legs over the side of the bed, making his way to the bathrrom door. Before entering, a chill ran down his body but he chose to ignore it. Opening the door, he went right to the medicine cabinet to get out a white box. Minseok didn't realize he was glaring at the item that slipped out of the box. Many thoughts were racing through his mind as he followed the instructions on it.

Then, three agonzingly slow minutes passed. The time to check the results were done with bated breath.

He picked the white stick up, two blue lines were clear, staring at him.

A shocked gasp came out of Minseok's mouth, his whole body started to shake. He sank down to his knees, not wanting to believe the obvious and clear result. Every few seconds, he would check it again, knowing very well it wouldn't change.

Minseok was actually pregnant.

There really was a baby growing inside of him.