Bicycle boy 1

Bicycle boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

that song is gold - treat it as a soundtrack for this fic <3

 

As always Bom opened the bookstore at 10 AM. She have been working there since a month already and she got so used to that place that imagining her life without it seemed weird. When her aunt asked her to take care of this place she felt as if one of her dreams came true.

 

This wasn’t just a simple bookstore where you came, bought new books and left, but a magical place filled with vintage books & comics in various languages from all over the world. Some of them were looking like little pieces of art, with their colorful images and covers.

 

Except shelves filled with books, there were also few sofas put inside, so customers could read, drink tea or coffee and simply enjoy the atmosphere.

 

As expected few regular customers were already waiting in front of the door.

 

“Good morning!” Bom greeted them with a vibrant voice and bowed politely.

 

“Hello, Bom-ah. You’re looking very pretty today.” Bom’s favorite customer said and gently touched her back. She was an old lady with huge glasses and red string that kept it attached to her neck.

 

Bom used to get shy whenever someone complimented her like that. “Thank you…” she blushed and asked the three of them inside with a hand gesture.

 

Except the old lady there were also a hipster looking like male student with his MacBook in one hand and 12 years old Daniel, who loved comics-books of all kinds. I’m sure he’s skipping school today. His mom will kill me if she finds out about it. Bom sighed but still let him in.

 

Bom left her bag at the same spot as always and prepared coffee for as she used to call her “Grandma”. Everyone did pretty much the same as every day. Daniel vanished in the comic-books section, the student started writing something on his laptop, while the old lady got herself first book which she lied her eyes on and started reading it. However from time to time Bom caught Grandma on looking outside the window or at her. Whenever their eyes met Bom couldn’t help but smile awkwardly.

 

Today Bom had to unpack few boxes full of books that her aunt sent from different places in South Korea and Japan.

 

Bom rolled up the sleeves of her white jersey and opened the first box. Little did she knew that at the same time someone other than Grandma was timidly looking at her from the outside.

 

Luhan was already late on the way to his Grandfather’s bakery and also today he had to stop at the street when the light changed red. Few weeks ago he would’ve cursed at his bad luck but not now. His eyes automatically drifted to the window through which he hoped to see her again today.

 

It became his everyday habit to steal glances at her. He could still remember the first day when he noticed her. That time his bicycle’s chain fell and he had to fix it. Thankfully it happened before he entered the packed with cars crossroad.

 

Luhan took his bicycle and started fixing it at the sidewalk. When he was done, both of his hands were dirty, so he started to look for tissues. To his luck right then someone offered a handkerchief to him.

 

“Here young man.” An old lady with huge glasses and white hair tied into a neat bun handed it to him.

 

Luhan looked at it for a moment “Oh… thank you but I shouldn’t…” he smiled and bowed at her.

 

“Eh it’s as old as me so losing it wouldn’t be a waste to me.” She stated with a husky laugh, grabbed Luhan’s hand and placed the handkerchief inside of it.

 

“Thank you Grandma… I’ll treasure it.” Luhan couldn’t stop bowing but even though he thanked the old lady didn’t seem to want to leave him.

 

“But Grandma, why are you waiting here? Are you lost?” Luhan asked confused after few seconds of awkward silence.

 

“Lost? No, no, no. I’m waiting for a beautiful young lady, well I think I can name her my granddaughter. She’ll be here soon.” Grandma giggled “Oh! You would make such a cute couple.” She stated suddenly and linked arms with Luhan.

 

He had no other choice but to reply with a smile.

 

“Ehmmm, actually I have to go to work …so…” he didn’t want to sound impolite. The last thing he needed was to be set up on a date with and by totally unknown people.

 

Grandma frowned at his words firstly but then she noticed Bom running in a distance. “Omo, that’s her!” Grandma pointed at Bom and when Luhan’s eyes looked there, his heard skipped a beat.

 

Bom wore dark blue jeans, simple oversized t-shirt and blue, fuzzy hoodie. She run pretty fast with her white sneakers on. That day her phone’s battery went dead and she overslept a bit. She had no time to properly dry her hair because of that and in the end part of hair at the back of her head was still wet. The moisture made them curl messily.

 

“I’m so sorry Grandma!” Bom cried and rushed to open the bookstore.

 

“No problem sweetie.” Grandma said and glanced at Luhan. Ever since Bom appeared, he didn’t take his eyes of her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter