Part III

Come here, it's cold.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It takes a minute or two for Yoongi to register the absurdity in Jimin’s thought before he shakes his head vigorously, finding the situation all too hilarious–

 

Oh God, Jimin.

 

Yoongi huffs a laugh.

 

You know I was only joking, right?

 

He laughs more when he sees a set of confusion in the younger’s eyes. Jimin doesn’t take the chance to even look at Yoongi’s face before burying his own onto his hyung’s sturdy chest, feeling a little embarrassed. Perhaps Yoongi’s laugh is a little too loud for his liking.

 

Of course, I know that.

 

 

Yoongi is still laughing as he pants heavily, his shoulders crunching at every hitch, Jimin swears he can feel the vibration all throughout his body, and for a moment, he thinks he might not mind the teasing if he can get the rapper to be this gleeful. It’s not often that he does.

 

But it is only for a few minutes long before Yoongi’s laugh starts to quiet down, he can feel the younger’s head pressed lightly upon his chest, and the pressure feels nice, his breathing feels warm….and nice. Yoongi brings a hand to Jimin’s crown as he plays with the strands, brushing down the hair curled over the nape Jimin lets.

 

Jimin ah,

 

His hands go up to Jimin’s earlobe, pinching it lightly. He playfully touches the ear stud Jimin wears, occasionally the back of the Jimin’s ears. He can feel the younger quivers, leaning towards him more, and Yoongi does it so affectionately, so, so, gentle, as he combs through Jimin’s hair.

 

Park Jimin.

 

Yoongi calls out softly. He doesn’t laugh anymore now as he coaxes the younger’s head upwards, searching for his eyes,

 

Do you hate it so much?

 

For a brief moment, Jimin only stares at his hyung before he shakes his head, looking anywhere but at Yoongi.

 

Not really.

 

Jimin snuggles closer, searching for warmth, and Yoongi reciprocates just as much, pulling the younger nearer until they are practically facing chest to chest.

 

I’m sorry.

 

Yoongi says it anyway. He takes in a long sigh before boldly pecks the bridge of Jimin’s nose, wanting the younger to look at him. And Yoongi does this very, very tenderly as he tries to look for any signs of distress from Jimin,

 

I really am.

 

He touches Jimin’s cheeks with a slight gesture, feeling a little guilty. And Jimin can feel his face heating up for every second that passes.

 

It’s okay, hyung.

 

He shifts his eyes at Yoongi shyly and smiles. Because he knows Yoongi means what he says and that very precious thought is enough for Jimin to forgive everything else, if there’s any.

 

I know you never mean any of it anyway.

 

Jimin brings a hand to smoothen the crease in Yoongi’s eyebrows in response, and he does this very timidly, almost hesitant, but the relaxing look on Yoongi’s face makes him feel assured as his fingers move to trace the outline of Yoongi’s jaw before they are set firm on the older’s chest.

 

Jimin stays quiet for a minute, or two, feeling the intimacy of their thoughts and the quietness he knows they both welcome, but all the while Yoongi wants to say more. He wants to say his intention is never one that’s ill, especially not with Jimin. Yoongi knows he can get crude sometimes, often if he is to be honest with himself, but the members all seem to acknowledge this, it’s just how Yoongi works, they would say, and laugh it off as always.

 

Yoongi wants to tell Jimin this, but his voice just can’t seem to give in, and for every moment that passes, Yoongi gets more frustrated at his own loss of words as he struggles to think of an explanation, hoping the younger would understand. But as he looks at Jimin’s soft face, he knows that the younger had probably understood it all along.

 

And how can Jimin not when his hyung lets him in on his couch, his favorite couch like this…all bundling up together, close, Yoongi is actually holding him gently as if he’s his most prized procession, his favorite thing in the world. Yoongi hyung doesn’t do this, Jimin knows. Yoongi isn’t one for skinships, he isn’t cut for aegyos and soft plushies and all the colors of the rainbow, Yoongi just isn’t. Except, perhaps, when they’re in front of the cameras. But Jimin also knows that Yoongi is no rock, not even a pebble, he knows Yoongi probably thinks that his cold demeanor is what people think he is made of, though as Hobi hyung quoted, everyone knows it’s a mask, and that is true because everyone knows that Yoongi is very much soft inside, more so towards Jimin. And Jimin knows this very well.

 

Jimin knows this very well.

 

Cos like at this moment for instance. Being held by Yoongi hyung like this. And Jimin likes it when Yoongi gets all protective like this, like he is precious, like he is Yoongi’s precious. And Jimin especially likes it when Yoongi pampers him this way, the way Yoongi hands molds comfortably with his body, he loves the touches his hyung gives at the moment because they’re so warm and comforting, and all his.

 

Which is why Jimin thinks it’s more than okay that Yoongi stays silent because he knows that this is what it is, Yoongi softness doesn’t actually go unnoticed by all the members, they just know Yoongi doesn’t do compliments much anyway.

 

It’s okay, hyung.

 

Jimin says it once more.

 

And they stay close like that for another long moment with Yoongi carding Jimin’s hair every now and then, praising, and whispering sweet words of nothing, they talk quietly about the song, and the dance Jimin and Hoseok choreographed, Jimin giggling about how Hoseok dances funny for the chorus parts, Yoongi’s laughing groggily at the obnoxious faces Jimin makes as he tattle-tales more on Hoseok. He rubs Jimin’s arms too sometimes, teasing about the younger’s bulky muscles as opposed to his baby face, how his eyes get incredibly puffed in the mornings, and he laughs a little more when Jimin pulls a face to sulk, he pinches Jimin’s cheek teasingly at that.

 

But for the most part Yoongi doesn’t say much. He mostly listens. And all the while Jimin takes it all in. 

 

It was not long before Jimin finds Yoongi’s hands underneath the layers of his clothes again, he whimpers at the touch but lets his hyung palms further across his waist, pulling them closer.

 

Your hands are cold, hyung.

 

Jimin mumbles, and Yoongi pauses his hold on Jimin’s waist for a moment, but doesn’t release.

 

Exactly.

 

He smiles impishly.

 

Your body feels warm, he added.

 

Yoongi doesn’t hang around any longer as he moves their body apart at the very next instance, and lie down on his back. His right arm is still holding Jimin in place as he brings his left arm across his forehead, eyes on the ceiling. They stay silent again, but Jimin’s eyes never leave Yoongi.

 

It wasn’t bad.

 

Yoongi breaks the silence after some time. He keeps a strong hold on Jimin as he gazes at the younger softly.

 

I mean, the dream.

 

Jimin smiles, he doesn’t say anything as he edges closer to Yoongi, motioning the older to continue.

 

It wasn’t that bad actually.

 

Yoongi lets out a soft sigh as he continues.

 

I saw a house– a mansion, to be specific. And it was ours, all grand and golden.

 

Jimin shifts his hold on Yoongi,

 

Isn't that nice?.

 

He scoots closer.

 

Yeah, well.... I was running to it, I don’t know why but I was happily running to it, and when I saw all six of you standing in front of the house…you guys looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter