Torn

And just when you thought you found love...

 

 
Sun Hee leaned against the door to her temporary apartment. She just got back from her date with Yunho… and everything couldn’t have gone exactly she had dreaded it to go. Where to start? The date had turned out exceptionally well. Hell, it was perfect. It was the most perfect date she had ever gone to. Yunho was a gentleman; sweet and easy to talk to. They could talk about anything and everything. She felt comfortable being around him. She felt safe. Yunho’s touch was reassuring. It’s like every problem in the world evaporated with just a single touch from him. And the kiss… Yunho’s soft lips against hers, it felt perfect. Their lips molded perfectly against each other’s.
 
And Sun Hee knew it was all bad. Bad. The worse possible thing that could happen. It was all a job, a job that she has yet to finish and already she’s messing it up by getting too close to her target.
 
Sure, she has heard of a few other writers getting too close for comfort with their targets. Kwon Ji Hae even had to seduce Shim Changmin just to get her story. Photos of her making out with the maknae of Dong Bang Shin Ki would have made headlines if it weren’t for the fact that SM Entertainment paid a large sum of money to keep that thing hushed up. But then again, Ji Hae never had a personal attachment to her target. It was all a job, she personally told this to Sun Hee and the other writers.
 
Her case with Yunho, it was definitely different. It was real attraction. It involved real emotions. And Sun Hee happened to be under the false pretense of being a lowly, innocent make-up artist. Yunho didn’t have a clue who she really was and the fact crushed her. It could get any more complicated than that.
 
As Sun Hee slumped down towards the floor, back still pressed against the hard wooden door, her fingers came up to her lips. She could still feel those accursed lips of Yunho’s against them. Those soft, plump lips that made her heart flutter and beat rapidly and made her walk on a cloud. Sun Hee cursed herself for falling for one Jung Yunho.
 
“Why him?”
 
•••
 
After much thought, Sun Hee decided not to let personal matters get involve with her profession. That meant, as much as it hurt her inside, she will do anything not to let this little thing develop into something more. But it was easier said that done, especially when Yunho himself made it even more complicated by asking one simple question.
 
“So what are we now?”
 
It was bluntly uttered, thanks to Yunho’s new found confidence around her (though not as confident as he would be in front of a crowd), as they were left alone inside the boys’ dressing room. Sun Hee froze for a moment, unable to think of what to say.
 
“What do you mean?” She asked, stalling. She kept fixing her already neat make-up kit, head bent low to avoid the man’s gaze.
 
“You know what I mean.” Yunho simply said as he moved in front of her. His torso and the rest of his lower half was now in her line of vision but Sun Hee was adamant not to look him straight in the eye. “Do I need to remind you?” He asked when she made no answer.
 
“Yunho-yah, I’m a little bit busy and…” she muttered, fiddling with her brushes.
 
Yunho merely grinned as he placed his fingers on her chin and made her look up at him. Sun Hee could only swallow nervously, feeling weak-kneed as those beautiful brown eyes gazed at her. “I think I really need to remind you.”
 
“Yunho-yah…” She whispered, unable to make it sound as a warning. Yunho didn’t hesitate to close the gap between them again. He kissed her, kissed her a little bit more passionately than he did last night and Sun Hee was unable to stop herself from kissing him back.
 
“There.” Yunho muttered breathlessly, pulling away after forever. He blinked and panted a little, all the while his eyes never left hers. “And I know you feel the same way.” He whispered, voice wavering slightly as his heart beat erratically in his chest. “Otherwise, you wouldn’t kiss me back.”
 
Sun Hee blinked. She was treading on thin ice and she knew it, yet she felt helpless against it. “Yunho-yah…”
 
A grin played on Yunho’s lips. “I may sound very cheesy but,” He looked straight into her eyes and Sun Hee could read sincerity in them. “I want you to be mine.”
 
No. A rational part of her wanted to yell. It would be safer for both of them if she would just utter this one simple word. But her heart wanted to say something else and Sun Hee chose to listen to her heart. She nodded slowly, moving closer towards his embrace.
 
And then Yunho sealed it with a kiss.
 
•••
 
Sun Hee held out the pink envelope with trembling hands. Her boss Soo Eun coldly stared at it for a second before moving her cold gaze towards Sun Hee. “What’s this?” Her voice was stern but the writer couldn’t tell if there was any anger in them.
 
“My resignation letter, sajangnim.” Sun Hee muttered carefully, bowing her head more.
 
“And why would you give me a resignation letter, my dear Stephanie?” Her boss asked, voice less soothing and more threatening despite the term of endearment she had used.
 
“Mianhe, sajangnim, but I don’t think I can do my job well. Jung Yunho proved to be a very difficult target and I failed at getting what you required me to get.”
 
There was a pregnant pause before Soo Eun finally took the letter. Sun Hee stood up straight, afraid of what will happen next. Her boss merely had an eyebrow raised. She took the letter into her hands and, without even opening it to see inside, ripped it to shreds in front of Sun Hee. The writer stood on her spot, wide-eyed.
 
“I’ll forget you ever gave me this.” Soo Eun said seriously. “There’s still three weeks left, Stephanie. A good journalist shouldn’t give up so easily. If you haven’t gotten anything by the end of three weeks, then, that’s the time you should be giving me something like this.”
 
With that said, she shooed Sun Hee away and returned to her laptop. The latter could only turn around in despair and silently walk back towards her cubicle.
 
 
 
---------------------------;♥
Comments are very much loved! :)
and if anyone's confused with her name, I'll explain more of it on the upcoming chaps but I'll use Sun Hee more often^^