19 | Shock

= The Thief & The Lawyer =
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝19 | Shock
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "I don't trust words, I trust actions...."  "I forgive but don't forget, because I never want to be hurt twice..."

 

BANG!!

The guy who was running fell onto the ground.

Dongwoon was surprised. Who shot? He looked around and he could make out Doojoon standing in the distance. He shot the guy who have been running and was now laying in the field. Dongwoon looked back at the other two masked guys. One of the masked guys tried to hit Gikwang from behind but he managed to avoid getting hurt. Yoseob and the other masked guy still pointed their guns at each other. "Put the gun down and nothing will happen to you!" 

"No, I will be killed if I do so..." The guy who seemed to be emotionless started to sound weak and teary. His arms and leg started to tremble. He mumbled something. Then he put the gun aside his head and shot. He fell to the ground beside Dongwoon. The face of the guy was pointed at him.

He could see that masked eyes staring at him which made him get shivers all over his body. All of a sudden he got a weird feeling. He looked at that mans eyes...the eyes he had known for years...

Dongwoons couldn't believe what he was seeing.

For a moment everything around him disappeared and he didn't realize that he was screaming. "JUNHYUNG?!!" Tears rolled down his cheeks. He tried to kneel beside him. He badly wanted to touch him and shake him but he couldn't since his hand where still tied together. 

Doojoon used the sudden moment to shot the other masked guy on his right leg. With a painful noise the guy fell onto his knees. His gun dropped onto the floor. Yoseob took the chance to grab the gun while Gikwang put handkuffs onto the masked guy. Then he took of the other guys mask. 

Dongwoon felt strange as if he was in trance. He looked up and with his teary eyes he tried to see that other guys face.

"Hyunseung..??" Dongwoons voice cracked and he spoke so quiet that it was almost a whisper. 

Doojoon ran towards Dongwoon. He hesitated for a moment. He didn't know if he should free him while he is a criminal. But then he still didn't want to think about it. He freed Dongwoons hands from his handcuffs and his rope. While Gikwang took off the mask from Junhyung. Doojoon and Gikwang looked at each other. They both where in shock, too. All of them paused for a moment and nobody dared to say a word. The only noise came from Dongwoon who cried silently while he held Junhyung into his arms.

Gikwang was the first one who made a move. He grabbed Hyunseung arm to make him stand onto his feet. Yoseob helped him. Then all of a sudden Hyunseung pushed both Gikwang and Yoseob away and ran towards Dongwoon.

"YOU STUPID MOTHERER! IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT HE IS DEAD NOW! He just did what he was told to do. We had planned when this would be over to finally let go from our dark past. But you killed him ! He wan-" 

"SHUT UP!" Gikwang grabbed Hyunseung and pushed him violently into the police car.

"Doojoon, I will take him to the hospital. You need to inform our colleagues so they can  inspect this scene." 

Doojoon stood there frozen. Yoseob noticed that Doojoon wasn't able to call the police so he called them. Doojoon needed a moment to gather his thoughts to get back in track. Then he kneeled down beside Dongwoon and Junhyung. He put his hands onto Dongwoons back. He talked to him with a gentle voice: "Dongwoon...you need to let go of him." No reaction. Doojoon wondered if Dongwoon didn't hear him or he simply didn't want to. Doojoon couldn't stand seeing him in this situation any longer so he grabbed his arm and tried to loosen Dongwoons grip from Junhyung. 

Yoseob watched them. "Wait. I will help you."

"Let go of me!" Dongwoon tried to push them away, but they both didn't surrender. Dongwoon got weaker and he finally let go of Junhyung. They could manage to make Dongwoon stand on his feet. Then Doojoon grabbed Dongwons arm and dragged him into his arms. He could feel his shirt getting wet from Dongwoons tears. Doojoon gently touched Dongwoons head. Yoseob stood beside them and  Dongwoons back. He felt sorry for him.  

After a short while there where noises of sirens from the police. There where two cars who parked only a few meters away from the scene. And an ambulance parked there as well. Doojoon supported Dongwoon while walking towards the ambulance. An ambulance man walked out of the car towards them. Doojoon handed Dongwoon over.

"Please take care of him. It seems that he got hurt on his face and maybe somewhere else too. I want you to do it precisely!"  

He went back to the van where Junhyung was still laying. He and Yoseob

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter