14 | Betrayal

= The Thief & The Lawyer =
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝14 | Betrayal
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "I don't trust words, I trust actions...."  "I forgive but don't forget, because I never want to be hurt twice..."

[Dongwoon POV]

I open my eyes. It seems that I'm at Doojoon's home. I can see Doojoon sitting on a chair in the right corner. He is reading a book. I put my upper body up. "Ugh!" I have a stabbing pain on my neck. Doojoon raises his head to look at me.

"Oh, you are finally awake." He puts the book onto the table. "How are you feeling?"

I trough my hair. "Miserable....I couldn't do anything right. I shouldn't have ask that question but I was curious and I didn't thought that they would really have something to do with that." 

"I know. Even tough it wasn't that smart to ask that question so directly I don't think that you made a huge mistake either. It seems that he would have been angry at you no matter what you may say. In the end we got to know that they are involved in the death of your father."

I'm looking at Doojoon and I notice that he has a small scratch on his right cheeck."Tell me, what happened?"

"Well...as we saw that something big will happen we reacted as fast as we could and ran over to the bar. We managed to get into the room and as I pushed you away the bullet hit my cheek. But it's nothing...gladly no one got hurt badly. Exept that one person from that gang."

"So...you put them into jail, right?"

"Sadly no. They all manged to flee as we tried to protect you. Furthermore we couldn't find any useful information for our case. However...I don't think that they will try to kill you again, because now we know how they look like."

"Geez...I'm good for nothing..."

"Don't worry we will find a way to catch them all. Have patience."

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[No one POV]

At a cafe...

Gikwang is sitting at a table alone. He is lost in his thoughts. Then he notices a woman that is sitting down in front of him. As he looked at her he notices that it's Eun Hye.

"Hello Gikwang." She smirks.

"Eun Hye...You are the sister of Doojoon, right?"

"Of course I am! I always greeted you when I met you at the police station." She sounds a bit angry. 

"Okay fine. But what brings you here?"

"I just walked by and noticed you sitting here alone so I tought it would be nice for you to have some company." She puts on a light smile and touches Gikwangs hand which is laying on the table.

Gikwang jumps out of surprise and takes his hand away. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Sorry, did I move to fast?" She blushes and holds her hand in front of to hide her face.

Now Gikwang knows what's going on. "Sorry, but I don't have time for this..." He get's up. 

She holds his hand. "Wait! Will you go out with me tonight?"

Gikwang rolls his eyes and takes a deep breath. "Alright. Let's meet up at the 'Season's Restaurant' at 7pm." 

She smiles brightly. "Okay! See ya!"

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

[Dongwoon POV] At home...

I take out my phone to look at some news. All of a sudden a video is playing. Dongwoon is shocked. It's a video someone recorded from me and Doojoon walking down the street. When the hell did someone take out my phone!? Then scene change. I can see me sitting at the cafe together with Doojoon, Gikwang and Yoseob. A pitched voice whisperes: "Be careful or something will happen to your friends...."

What the heck...?! What is this??

Doojoon enters the room. I put my phone away and hide it under my blanket .

"Here...You need to eat something. I made a soup." He lays the dinner tray onto my legs. After that he walks out of the room and closes the door.

I'm still confused...Who could have done smething like this? Rrrring...his mobile phone interrupts his thoughts. He is looking at the display. He doesn't know that number. "Yes?Who is it?"

"It's me Hyunseung."

"What? How come?? I thought you where..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter